“Mackintosh Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tulsa
Mackintosh Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Tulsa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The Mackintosh Inn was a nice place run by two lovely people. The bed was a little tight but fairly comfortable. The shower curtain in the bathroom was too long and, though the shower was advertised as being big enough for two people, they must have meant two very skinny people. LOL The ambiance was nice. I loved the location! We were able to walk to the restaurants where we dined and were right down the street from the city gardens but just did not have time to take advantage of them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mackintosh Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I tried to book a reservation with this place and was having phone difficulties. When I finally got through, the person answering the phone was incredibly rude and hung up on me before allowing me to speak. Travelers would be well served to sleep with one eye open...bed, breakfast, and paranoia served up at the Mackintosh!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank matthewskis
KDBailey, Owner at Mackintosh Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Receiving 5 solicitation calls - all 8xx numbers - is no excuse to question or be "rude" to the next call - 806 - by asking if they are selling something. We have sent our apology through the proper Itex channels,
Our new policy is to let all 8xx numbers, "private name/private number" and "unknown name/unknown number" calls go to voice mail. We assume legitimate callers will leave a message.
Ken and Judy Bailey

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. We were pleased with the peaceful atmosphere and homey decor. It's cute and nice. The owners were extremely nice too; until we told them about the FIVE COCKROACHES we killed during our one night stay (2 babies, 3 full grown).
One of which was discovered at 1:15 am when it crawled across my leg IN THE BED.

The owners were not on site when our check-out time came and we needed to leave; so, we left all five bugs in paper cups on the end table and television. Then we left them a telephone message explaining what happened and to please get in touch with us.

Days went by and no return call. It took four phone conversations, 2 with my husband and 2 with myself, (and them blatantly denying there were any roaches or any cups left behind), before they reluctantly agreed to refund us $30 of the $125.00 + tax the room cost us. They had already charged our card, and I was sick of dealing with these people, so I said fine. But also said I would contact the Better Business Bureau and leave an unfavorable review. They just said fine and to please not try to stay there again. As if we WOULD!

I am not one to try and ruin someone's business or cause trouble, but this is one thing I feel everyone should know. I will not be called a liar or a thief by someone I to whom I had just given money for the priveledge of sleeping in their converted garage bedroom! We were very disappointed and would have continued to stay at the Macintosh in the future. But certainly not now!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ACG2008
KDBailey, Owner at Mackintosh Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

For more than 8 of the 13 years we have had our B&B, Guarantee Exterminators, Tulsa, OK, has serviced our home and B&B at least once a month. The exterminator says if anything was there, it was probably "water bugs" driven in by weather. Although not accusing, the exterminator said other B&Bs in the area had had complaints from people who wanted a free night. Our guest book is full of notes of high praise from people about their stay at Mackintosh Inn. There have never been any complaints about any type of "bugs"

Ken and Judy Bailey

Reviewed 27 August 2010

Back again to the Mackintosh Inn for sheer self indulgence. We just love the combination of artistry and comfort. We've been away from Oklahoma for a while (well we would be - it takes some organising to get from Ireland to Oklahoma) but the Mackintosh expresses everything that outsiders don't know about Oklahoma - especially the warmth of the welcome. Its handy for art at the Philbrook, shopping at Utica Square, eating just around the corner in Brookside (and boy was that breakfast good) and just wandering in the park. This time Judy even took me antiquing to an estate sale.
Ask for a trip of the private parts of the house and get to see a fine collection of artwork and craftwork - both modern and historical. The Mackintosh is Charles Rennie and there's the finest collection of Scottie fog memorabilia you'll ever see.
Forgot to say that pets are positively encouraged - though ours weren't with us.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2006

We were overwhelmed with the beauty and comfort we found at the Mackintosh Inn. From the comfy "reading nook" to the lovely landscaped yard and gardens (gorgeous azaleas), we couldn't have found a better place to stay. Especially appreciated the privacy of a separate entrance. Ken and Judy truly have the gift of hospitality. Be prepared for a real treat!

Mark & Kate
Wichita, KS

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank kssboss
Reviewed 5 March 2006

My wife and I just spent 2 nights here, it was a surprise to her when we pulled up to the Mackintosh Inn because she thought we were staying at a motel. Here is her take on this pleasant, delightful and lovely little Bed & Breakfast. Rocky -Wichita, KS

If I were to describe the Mackintosh Inn with one word it would be "delightful" and that says it all. In one sentence: "The Mackintosh Inn is a delightful, private, peaceful getaway, located in a quaint, quiet neighborhood within walking distance of a business district with intriguing restaurants."

A nearby park with trails, and the Philbrook Museum and Gardens all lure us back to explore another time. We had a delightful weekend. Ken and Judy are quite hospitable, but leave you to your own pursuits and relaxation. The gardens, stone paths, antiques, linens, cozy sitting area, all coordinated in Judy's and Ken's unique style and colors say "come on in, welcome!" Ruth-Wichita, KS

4  Thank RRS-KS