“Caribbean cuisine at ts finest!”
Review of Sisserou's

Sisserou's
Ranked #3 of 1,417 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Number 1 in Tulsa for a reason. Excellent service, delicious food, beautiful restaurant. We stopped for a late lunch. Their lunch special was a burger that sounded fantastic. But, when I see a Cuban sandwich on the menu, I'm done looking. For my side dish I picked fried plantains. The sandwich was generous as was the portion of sweet soft, but lightly crisp fried plantains. They brought a little hot dipping sauce that was just what the sandwich needed. It was even good on the plantains. My wife had the Jerk Chicken Salad. She loved it.

If I could make a request it would be to add Pernil and Mofungo to the menu. I'm sure the chef here could put his spin on it to make over the top delicious!

SisserousR, Owner at Sisserou's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Spike! We are so happy you enjoyed your meal with us! Looks like you can definitely stand the heat with our hot sauce ;-) And thank you for the suggestions. We prepare the pork shoulder for the Cuban sandwich like a pernil and Chef Eben has made a Mofongo con Camarones for one of our 4 course wine dinners to represent Puerto Rico. Possibly something to consider for the future! Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon! Our best ~ Sisserou's

Reviewed 5 September 2018

All I can say is WOW! This place is delicious. We've never been to Tulsa and came here before seeing a concert. I pretty much just search for the #1 restaurant in Tulsa and Sisserou's was it! Truly a shock to know that a Caribbean restaurant was on top of the list. My wife ordered a Cuban and I ordered Ox Tail. The most flavorful and wonderfully cooked Caribbean food we've tasted yet! The restaurant was well decorated and music was on point! The menu is vast and can accommodate a lot of taste buds for sure. Drinks were amazing! Definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank CrunchyDaddy
SisserousR, Owner at Sisserou's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind remarks! We are delighted and humbled by your comments and happy that our family's Caribbean flavor was able to win you over! Hopefully our beautiful city of Tulsa entices you to come back again and if so, please stop by and see us! All the best ~ Sisserou's

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We had the beet salad with grilled chicken. We got the dressing on the side because the salad is so flavorful it doesn’t need a lot of dressing. Will definitely return next time we visit Tulsa!

SisserousR, Owner at Sisserou's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and sharing your dining experience with the TripAdvisor community! Definitely come back and see us next time you are in town! Our best ~ Sisserou's

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Our last visit was a birthday event for my daughter. We all enjoyed beautiful cocktail. Then everyone bragged that their meal was delicious, which is a feat because we all have quite different tastes

SisserousR, Owner at Sisserou's, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you JoAnn! We love being the chosen location for special occasions such as your daughter's birthday! We certainly appreciate the kind words and are heartened that everyone loved the food. That is why we do what we do! We hope to have you back sooner rather than later ;-) Cheers!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

It was a nice experience for hanging out with my friend, however, I would not consider this a place that serves true Caribbean cuisine.

Hello! We want to thank you and your friend for dining with us and we are glad you enjoyed yourselves. We would love to hear what dishes you would like to see represented as we are always looking to continue representing the Caribbean proudly! Our family hails from the island of Dominica and a vast majority of our menu comes from family recipes with the rest inspired by flavors from the region. From our island's version of beef patties, crabback, accras, mahi mahi, oxtail, and baked macaroni and cheese to our Cuban sandwich, chicken roti, bake & shark, and of course our jerk chicken we do our very best to represent the region while staying true to our family's culture making sure we have something for everyone. We would love to invite you back to win you over with our Caribbean flavor. Please ask for one of the owners--we would be happy to share some of our story with you :-) All the best!

Been to Sisserou's? Share your experiences!