“will not return to any bw after my stay at bw airport tulsa ok.”

Best Western Airport
Ranked #35 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the airport and right off of I-244. My family and I checked in around 9PM on a Friday night and were greeted by a very helpful and cheerful front desk clerk. She was busy but performed her job well and with a good attitude. The hotel itself is a little dated, think late 80's, but was clean. Our room was typical of those in this price range and was clean. We had no problems and for those concerned about the surrounding area I would say relax. I was never concerned about the safety of my pregnant wife or our 7 year old daughter. It looked as though some of the rooms were getting refurbished so maybe the dated appearance of the hotel will change in the future. The free breakfast starts at 5AM and runs until 9AM. It had all the usual things you see, biscuits and gravy, cereal, juice, fruit, and waffles. More than adequate for a start to your day. So if you are looking for a place to stay on your drive through Tulsa this place is a good bet for the price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

I actually greeted the front desk help and what I thought was some sort of help or could have been the owner? I checked into room 205 but while parking my vehicle noticed there was a kinda sketchy apartment complex right next to this motel and wasn't very confident in my vehicles security. My check in was around 1:00AM and as soon as I opened the door I was in for a long night of attaining any rest. The smell of the room was that of an overwhelming musty smell. My sheets looked as though they had not been changed, I found several large dark hairs on one of the pillows and some sort of blood stain like resembled a picked scab? The bed seemed comfortable but between the musty body odor smell of the room, sheets, and pillows I kept feeling as though I was itchy and was possible being bitten by bed bugs in the mattress. My suspicions upon my arrival of the sketchy neighborhood was affirmed when I head a gunshot around 3:00AM about 50 to 100 yards from that ajoining neighborhood. Do yourself a favor a not make this the last hotel room you ever book.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank kgbnfx
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The motel was very convenient to get to from the major highways and is just a short distance from the Tulsa airport. When I drove up I was a bit concerned because the hotel looked pretty old. (outside staircases and room entrances, outside pool, cracked, rough parking area) The staff was very friendly and checked us in without any problems.On getting to the room I found it recently remodeled and fairly nice. It was clean and as advertised with a fridge and microwave, recliner, and a nice sized TV. The chairs and mattress were comfortable enough for a hotel.
My two main criticisms were the selection of channels on the cable television and the wireless internet access.I should note that I'm not sure that my criticism of the television selection is very valid as I'm pretty spoiled by the selection on my satellite service at home but the wireless internet was a major issue. It was so slow as to be almost useless for anything other than updating e-mail. I used my cellular access point attached to a 3G connection and it was much faster than the motel's wireless. There were wired connection in the room but the device I had was wireless only so I'm not sure about the status of the wired connection.
Breakfast was pretty standard motel hot breakfast but there seemed to be few dining options nearby.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool area on the side away from the highway
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We chose this hotel from Trip Advisor recommendation. What a surprise and value! Best Western is back in the market to satisfy and supply comfortable hotel rooms. This hotel room was wonderful - super bed - soft, fluffy towels - and a wonderful staff. This is a best kept secret in Tulsa. We have already booked another stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Paoli
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Good location, plenty of parking. Outside entrance to rooms. Parking lot and walkways kept litter and leaf free (including cigarette butts). Curbs painted and parking lot striped.. I had a 10 meg internet connection.

Room Tip: Request a room on the outside so you can park by your door.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a standard hotel with no interior access to rooms the Best Western Airport will suit you just fine. I booked this property though Priceline as I have with at least 100+ other places. This was the first Best Western that I have ever "won". Upon checking in the desk clerk asked how many adults were to be in the room. I answered two along with two children. She stated that "upgrading to a room with two beds would be an additional $10/night.

Seriously?

Now, $10 won't break the bank, but that's not the point. I had no choice but to agree (checked in at 9:30pm with tired, road weary kids in the car). As I was signing papers the desk clerk, sensing my polite silence, stated that I needed to be careful with sites like Priceline and Hotwire.

No ma'am...I only need to be careful with Best Western. This is the FIRST property that has EVER charged for an additional bed (I'm talking Priceline wins of Sheraton, Radisson, Holiday Inn, Omni, Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, etc...).

It's funny how branding and customer service work. Every time I see the Best Western logo I will be minded of this negative experience...and now so will you. Hope it was worth it, Best Western.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family