“No to shabby”

Ranked #35 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Dallas, Texas
“No to shabby”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean. Only issue was fridge would not work and they would not replace it. Front staff was friendly. Property clean Parking could have been a little better. Right for larger vehicles ice area clean. Rooms clean

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Omaha
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed overnight while on a long road trip. Definitely a "motel" type property with exterior corridors. Purchased through Hotwire, paid $35/night before taxes. Definitely one of the least expensive rooms I have purchased in a long time.

The room was average with dated furnishings. There were basic amenities including a coffeemaker in the room. I would not have paid substantially more for the room than I did.

Free breakfast included standard "free breakfast" fare, including cereals, toast, one type of muffin and biscuits and gravy (warmed in a slow cooker). In the range of included breakfast meals I have experienced I would place it somewhere between average and the lower end of the spectrum. Food options were minimal and appeared to be grocery store bought.

The most striking thing was a sign hanging in the breakfast area stating "guests may not take food from breakfast area and may incur additional room charges if they break this rule". Unless I misunderstand something, a free breakfast is typically an all-you-can-eat buffet arrangement. Who cares if you take it back to your room!? Additionally, they also have a posted policy of not selling rooms to local individuals. They must have had problems in the past -- certainly a little unsettling to see as a patron. If I were them, I would take down that sign and deal with patrons on a case by case basis.

All in all this is a fair roadside motel if just passing through. I would not hang out at this hotel, but if I just needed a cheap place to sleep, this would would be "good enough".

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I got to the hotel & the front desk clerk advised me that the hotel does not service locals because theyve had to many fights and drug use. I was puzzled at first so I asked him was he serious and he said yes. He stated that the hotel only serves out of towners... I will be back monday to get policy & rules in writing or I'm suing them.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank queenninabell

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Chanute, Kansas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The desk clerk who checked me was very friendly and helpful. The outside doors are not my preferred type of hotel. The large trucks in the parking lot were loud but if you turn up the fan on the ac it is not very noticeable. Although I maybe hypersensitive to noise since I live on a farm and I do not have any traffic noises at night at home. The light coming in the curtain was tolerable. Room was very clean. The electrical plug in was border line dangerous. The outlet was overloaded and had an extension cord. This maybe be a code issue in some areas not share what the requirements are in Tulsa. The bed was a little to firm for my liking but still not so uncomfortable that I could not sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Higginsville, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here on business and were not impressed when we first arrived. However, the staff is very friendly and rooms have been refurnished with flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. I had to use the business center to check email and print documents, for which there is no charge. I think what impressed me the most was how quiet it was, considering the hotel is next to the interstate and on a very busy street. We did not have time for breakfast before we left, but were told it wasn't bad. Only downside I found was that this hotel does not have an elevator, they were however very willing to carry our bags up the stairs for us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The manager has no customer service, rude, and far from helpful this place has dirty grounds and full of weird people manger should find job else where maybe some where she could blow people off and make rude remarks save your money and go else where breakfast sucked too !!!!

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mandy8810
Eldon MO
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed on a Friday night in room 154. Our front door faced the outdoor pool. It was not open yet. King bed had pillow top mattress. Breakfast was really good with various hot items and basic cereal, muffins, juice, etc. We did not see any elevator service, though.... It is somewhat older; but, for the $73 total with tax that we paid (AARP rate), it was a real nice stay and we would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple