“Do yourself a favor and don't stay here!”

Best Western Airport
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I chose this motel because it was close to the airport and had a shuttle. In hindsight, should have stayed at a better place and paid for a taxi! The place is dirty and worst than that, I used the hotel computer to check my email and print my boarding pass...two days later my email address was hacked, doesn't take a genius to figure out how that happened!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank genealogytraveler1
There are newer reviews for Best Western Airport

Reviewed 23 July 2010

Let's face it, we're talking about a hotel in Tulsa, not Cancun here. Still, there is a certain level of expecations even from a budget minded hotel like this. Well, they failed to meet them in every sense of the word.

They have a free shuttle from the airport, which is nice. But, to have the word "Airport" in their name is laughable. They are a good 8 miles from the airport. A few miles further and I could have opened up my options in hotel quality by staying in Southern Hills. The only place to eat within walking distance is a Quicktrip gas station and a Chinese Takeout next door. They do have a delivery service from Mazzio's pizza and a burger place. (I tried the latter and I don't recommend that you make the same mistake. Takes more than an hour, my order was incorrect and the food wasn't good.) The shuttle will not take you anywhere but the airport. Avoid Leo's taxi like the plague unless you have a 30-minute buffer to go somewhere and can be late.

My reservation was not properly processed. It should have been taken care of by my boss's corporate card but wasn't since I had not faxed in a copy of the card and his ID, unbeknownst to me. This meant that the card was only used to hold the reservation. The reason for this policy was to ensure that I was authorized to use the card and hadn't stolen it. Makes sense, but I digged a little deeper and found out that if I had not shown up, they would have charged 1 night to that same card. Let me get this straight: If I show up I'm a potential criminal. If I don't you have no problem charging a potentially stolen card for a room that was never occupied? I fail to see the logic there. So I had to put a hold on my personal credit card for the room. Not the worst thing in the world as I'm used to doing this for incidentals, but still a pain.

The room itself was adequate and what I would expect for a hotel of this caliber. (My only real complaint was not enough pillows) The location, however, was terrible. All of their rooms face the pool like it's a table centerpiece. Unfortunately, there is no closing time for the pool either. So the echos of kids playing and later adults horsing around kept me up until midnight with the paper thin walls. As I had to get up at 4:30 AM for a meeting, I was not pleased.

They did have free wi-fi which I appreciated. There is also a dive bar located on the side of the hotel with reasonable prices for a nightcap. It seems to hone in on the token drunks though. Breakfast was a little dissapointing in options, but nice enough to appreciate.

Now, my biggest complaints...

I chose this specific hotel for 2 reasons: My meeting was next to the airport and I wanted to receive credit on Southwest Airlines for my stay. I covered the former earlier but the latter still has me perplexed. My corporate travel agency booked my reservation as is the company policy. But, in doing so, a code was attached denoting this fact. Best Western treats this as a specially negotiated rate even though it's the same price as I would have gotten had I booked the room myself. So I am not receiving credit for my stay at all...despite the fact that I paid the rack rate on my OWN credit card due to their policy. Had I known this was the case, I would have stayed at a different hotel near the airport and gotten my credit as I always do.

All in all, not a great experience. There are plenty of other options out there and I suggest that you seek them.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
BWMistyCares, General Manager at Best Western Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2010

First, let me thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review our property. We appreciate all comments, good and bad, because compliments tell us when the services we offer fulfill our guests needs and criticism is what allows us to improve our property and service. I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, the complimentary airport shuttle, free wi-fi, the on-site sports lounge, and were satisfied with the accommodations. Regarding our location, we are 3.9 miles from the Tulsa Airport via surface roads or 4.2 via the highway with a travel time of 6 minutes during light traffic and 10 minutes during heavy traffic such as the morning and evening rush hour. I apologize for any inconvenience regarding our shuttle service only being for the airport. Unfortunately it would require extra insurance and increased expenses to offer shuttles to all of Tulsa so we are unable to offer our complimentary service anywhere other than the airport. I'm very sorry that your experience with Leo's taxi service was not timely. We commonly recommend City Cab to our guests without their own transportation. You may wish to utilize their services during your next stay in Tulsa.
I'm sorry if there was any confusion regarding the payment for your room. When booking the reservation, the credit card given was for guarantee purposes which is what allows us to hold a room past 6 pm. We do not charge the card at the time the reservation is made but rather at check-in. For security purposes, we do require that the card used to pay for the room be presented at check-in, or in the circumstance that someone else's card is being used to pay for the room, we do require the fax authorization form. This authorization form is required by credit card processors as proof that the account was authorized for use and is obtained for all guests' security. We certainly did not mean to make you feel like a "potential criminal." We and most hotels abide by these policies only to ensure the safety and security of all card holders.
Regarding the layout of the property, half of our rooms face the pool and the other half face the parking lot. I apologize if there was any disturbance from the pool. The pool hours are 10 am to 10 pm. In the future, if you experience any noise disturbance, especially after hours, please don't hesitate to contact the front desk so that we have the opportunity to remedy the situation. Your comfort is our priority.
Finally, regarding your Southwest Airlines credit, each Best Western has the option of whether or not to grant credit on "negotiated rates" due to the cost of such credit however our property chooses to do so as an extra perk for our guests. If you presented your Best Western Rewards card at check-in, you should have received your credit. If for some reason this did not happen, please email me your rewards number and I will be happy to correct this issue for you. We understand the cost of travel and would not want you to miss out on an airline credit. Also, regardless of whether you use a corporate card or your own personal card, you should have still received your company's negotiated rate. If as you mentioned, you paid rack, then I will credit any difference to your account right away. You may contact me at your leisure at sales@BWTulsaAirport.com and I will be happy to investigate this issue for you. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for the opportunity to correct the situation with your airline credit. Wishing you a wonderful day and safe travels!

Reviewed 2 July 2010

I travelled to Tulsa on Business. After a long day of air travel, I sure looked forward to being able to relax in my room that I had booked, OHHHHH was I so disapointed. This place does not offer any non-smoking rooms, and man, people sure have smoked in these rooms for a very long time. I had three nights of stay, and was not looking foward to it, but at the time, I was trying to suffer through it. While using the bathroom, I had no other choice but to stair at the bathroom door, and to my shock and disgust, someone had picked their nose and wiped it just below the door handle. While getting ready for bed, I leaned over to pick my shoes and clothes to tidy up for the night, and low and behold, there were dead insects lying on the floor and my socks were covered in black from the dirty carpet. The last straw, while lying in bed trying to overlook all of the disgust and disapointment, trying to fall asleep, I felt something crawing up my leg. I pinch it off of my leg, get the light turned on, and it was a TICK. I tried to get a new room, a new Best Western, from both Bestwestern Corp., BestWestern Airport, Priceline, and at 2:00 am I finally gave up and left. Found another room at a different brand, and have had to pay for all of the nights I originally booked. I have left a voice mail for the owner, and as of two days later, I have not had any replies. I will never do business with anyone of these businesses again. Stay here at your own risk, and if you do, I sure hope your stay is opposite from what I experienced. TRAVLER BEWARE

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Bwjebbs

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. First and foremost, I am very sorry your stay with us was not as it should have been. I did want to share a couple things with you that will hopefully make future travel more enjoyable for you. When bidding for rooms on certain third party sites, you are bidding on "unsold rooms." An unsold room is what the hotel has left to sell which in our case was a smoking room. Normally, if we have other rooms available or if you call in advance, we will gladly upgrade you to a non-smoking room *if it is available.* On the night you stayed at our property, we were almost completely sold out so there were no non-smoking rooms available. I would like to apologize for any issues you experienced with the carpet. We do have the carpets steam cleaned monthly but it sounds as if your stay may have been towards the end of this cycle. I hope you and future guests will be glad to hear that we began upgrading the carpet in the rooms just last week, completing several rooms each week, and hope to have this process completed by fall. Regarding the tick you found on your leg, I'm very sorry to hear this. I certainly agree that a tick is not a pleasant discovery although they are very common in Oklahoma. Ticks live in heavily wooded areas and tall grass areas so it's likely you picked it up prior to arriving at our property since we have just a few Bradford Pear trees and no tall grass to speak of. Lastly, the corporation that owns the property typically does not oversee guest issues - I'm sorry for any difficulty if you were unable to reach them. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments. I wish you all the best in your future travels. Have a great day!

Reviewed 28 April 2010

i travel a lot for business & leisure, my buseiness took me to tulsa. i stayed @ best western airport, very close to airport , their shuttle was on time to pick me up and drop me of @ the airport. room was very nice and clean, bed was very comfortable and staff made me feel like i am @ home, they knew everything, they had answer for my any question.can not ask for more comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Good day to you! I'm happy to hear you felt right at home at our property as this is our goal with every guest stay. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you during your next trip to the Tulsa area! Thank you for the kind review and for your patronage!

Reviewed 18 December 2009

I chose this hotel because they were very close to the airport and had 24 hours shuttle service and very nice banqueet room. That's exactly what I was looking for my family reunion. Whole staff took very well care of my friends and family. They were very friendly and helpfull.Rooms were nice and clean, great breakfast. Overall, nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
BWMistyCares, Manager at Best Western Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2010

I wanted to take the time to thank you for choosing our property. Your group was a pleasure to have at our property and I'm glad we could be a part of such a special reunion. Thanks again and I hope we see you next year! Take care!

-Misty Jones

Reviewed 13 December 2009

I travel very often for my busniess from Los Angeles to Tulsa. Best Western Airport is a very neat and clean hotel, very reasonable price. They have a lounge, pretty big fitness center and best of all they have a excellent staff. Makes me feel like I am at home.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Great hotel, Good price, Staff was very helpfull. Most impotantly rooms were very nice and clean. IF you are ever in Tulsa area and need to go to a airport, THIS IS THE BEST PLACE. SPECIALLY, THEIR PARK AND FLY PROGRAM.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family