“This is a Bed and GREAT Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kennedy Mansion

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tulsa
Kennedy Mansion
Ranked #4 of 12 Tulsa B&B and Inns
Yukon, Ok
“This is a Bed and GREAT Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The bed part of this is wonderful, the breakfast is amazing, but the people really put it over the top. Francoise and Darrell are perfect as hosts and the rest of the staffalways smiling and very helpful

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bosco19541

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lees Summit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed at the Kennedy Mansion after getting a deal for it from Living Social. It was our first stay at a real bed and breakfast, so we didn't really have a clue what to do. The mansion isn't located in a great part of town anymore, but it's getting better. We didn't have trouble finding it, but were confused on where to park or what door to go in. It wasn't very inviting or welcoming. It was a dark and gloomy day, no lights were on the side doors were locked. The front door all locked up. We parked on the side and walked around to the front. The owner was very friendly, very nice, and very welcoming. He gave us a quick little tour of the place and told us where to park. We were shown to our room, we stayed in the Gilcrease Room. It had a door out to the roof, so you could sit out on the roof. It also had it's own bathroom, multiple windows, and a ceiling fan. It was a very nice room, with a queen bed .The bed was very soft and comfortable. The room also had it's own closet with robes, extra pillows and a hairdryer.
The only odd thing was the bathroom; it was great that it had it's own, since I hate sharing bathrooms. But the shower was put in front of an old door that's no longer used and a window. The shower head was attached to the door, and it was handheld shower head. Plus the shower was tiled all the way up the wall, only half way and the rest was wallpapered. So when you took a shower, if you're not extremely careful, you get the wallpaper and window sill all wet.
In the morning we got to have "breakfast in bed", it was absolutely wonderful. She came in and set the table for us, and delivered our meal to our room. My boyfriend had the french toast which he loved, and I had the quiche Lorraine and a homemade croissant. The croissant was delicious, as was all the food.
We couldn't get over how nice the host was, he gave us a history of the hotel on our way out Saturday morning. He was so nice and his wife does all the cooking for the place. They were both very friendly and nice. Couldn't ask for better hosts!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saiza
Owasso, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We had an October 2011 wedding at the Kennedy Mansion. I was impressed when we first met the owners Daryl and Francoise. They painted a beautiful picture of accommodations available for my wedding. After we paid them they became less helpful and I insisted on meeting with the wedding coordinator Johnna 2 weeks before the wedding and they 3 acted like it was a huge inconvenience. I only met her 2 times before I got married. I thought this was super weird. They didn't act overly interested in my requests for the wedding and even though they wrote everything down they still couldn't seem to remember what I had asked for. I am so glad that I declined almost all their services in the elopement package. I had my own cake, photographer and flowers. I basically only wanted the minster service and the beautiful vintage mansion. I think I would have been incredibly unhappy had I allowed them to do ANY of my wedding details. They didn't even have enough chairs set up for my guests and part of my wedding party had to set it up when we got there. We were told we could use a freezer for our ice cream and a few other reception items but upon arrival the freezer was "broken" and Johnna was super rude to my bridesmaids when they asked about it. She told them "I don't know what to tell you." They could have called me that morning and told us to bring another cooler. The pastor/owner Daryl was rude to my sister-in-laws girlfriend because she was wearing a tux and also rude to my photographers. He didn't realize it but he was complaining about how stupid they were while he was wearing a microphone for the videographer and it recorded everything he was saying. Not that he was being quiet or discreet about his complaints. Many of my guests told me he was rude and complaining about the way we were doing things. Then an hour before our agreed on time was up Johnna the wedding coordinator told my bridesmaids that we needed to get out cause we where past our time limit. I went in and spoke with her and let her know that she could bring out our paperwork and if it stated we were over our time we would leave. She did not want to do that and then she told me they had double booked and were hosting a French cuisine dinner at the same time my event was supposed to be over. So they were trying to rush us out. That also explains the mysterious broken freezer because they had it full for their dinner.

The Kennedy Mansion would be a great place to have a wedding if you didn't care about all of the details of your wedding or wanted them all taken care of for you. The venue is beautiful but the fight is not worth it. They were unprofessional and uncooperative. If you want a special unique-to-you day, look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Bethany D
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

They put the breakfast in Bed & Breakfast! We now have three nights there and all were outstanding. The breakfast was incredible to say the least. We could have gotten room service but chose the dining room instead. The house is full of history and the host will share as much as you want to know. We ordered a couple's massage but my wife decided at the last moment not to indulge, no problem, I gladly recieved her as well. We were treated like royalty. Thanks Darell and Francoise!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sooner827
Lovettsville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

You will never find more gracious hosts or a better breakfast! This vacation took us from Delaware to California and back, but our stay at the Kennedy Mansion was one of the most memorable. Breakfast is cooked to order. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Our dog, a Standard Poodle, was welcomed. We were able to walk to a beautiful public park where spring was in bloom and ducks and geese paddled through the lake. Great stay!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dalawon
oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

The Kennedy Mansion is a nice surprise. I live 30 minutes away and didn't know it existed. What a hidden gem. The Owner was very warm and friendly. We enjoyed a beautiful room with a nice view. Breakfast was tasty and the company was good. There are many attractions just minutes away from the mansion.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twin7901
Tulsa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

We had our wedding here recently. The venue is very beautiful and good for an intimate setting. Overall, the event was fine and the owners/staff were very nice but there were a few things that caused disappointment. The food for our guests tasted great, but was not kept warm enough. Our wedding cake was not the flavors that we ordered and the beverages that we ordered were not served even though I had confirmed both several times. The buffet tablecloth was extremely wrinkly. Not major things, but if you're a person who expects to receive the service you pay for, then this is probably not the place for you. We’re pretty easy-going and weren’t picky about most of the details for our wedding but the food and drinks were the most important to us. I can’t imagine what would have happened if we had been the typical couple that wanted to add a lot of personal details to their wedding….I don’t see that happening successfully there. I rated the mansion “average” because of the service - I think attention to detail is what makes a business excellent. I would rate the décor, atmosphere, etc as excellent. I would recommend it if you're staying there, but I probably wouldn't recommend having an event there.

• Stayed February 2011