“Good sleep, indifferent restaurant.”

Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Boothbay Harbor, Maine
“Good sleep, indifferent restaurant.”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stopped in for an overnight on way home across country. Hotel is perfect sized, smaller (~48 rooms) and the lobby is cozy. Town feels very safe. The front desk personnel are efficient and helpful, and do not be surprised if they are your bellhop, driver, or just about whatever else for service you require. The room was elegant, large (a corner king) and very comfortable. This place was apartments when it opened in 1929 and has that period charm even though it is up to date. One thing, it could have just been my experience, but breakfast in the basement restaurant was depressing. I was the only person there, and the waitress acted like she'd scared the rest away. I could hear her complain that things were slow, I understand why. She should take cues from the helpful front desk staff.

Room Tip: Upgrade to corner King and dine elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank island04575

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I went with a buddy to Tulsa for a wedding. We stayed in this hotel. I was just brilliant. We had a long trip from Ireland and were looking for a bit of comfort. We got it. The rooms here large and very comfortable. The staff were excellent. I, not knowing how to iron was helpet by one of the staff (thats over and above the line of duty). The bar was great, we tried a good few of the coctails and they were all lovely. The food was gorgeous, there was a salad served with a raspberry vinagerette which blew me away. All in all its a fabulous hotel with great staff great accommodation and great food and drink.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Wagoner, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 February 2012

An impromptu weekend without kids made for spontaneity and, naturally, Trip Advisor was my go to source for our hotel. The Ambassador, being #2 in Tulsa, seemed like a good choice (and I read that they're owned by the same folks who own the Colchord which my wife and I enjoyed recently) so we reserved their best room for a Saturday evening. The building was a little hard to find, mostly because it just didn't look like a hotel from the outside, but once we got inside we were fairly pleased. The staff was courteous and helpful (I planned a romantic atmosphere of rose petals, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne that the front desk were great in helping with) and they offered shuttle service to nearby Kilkenney's where we were going for dinner. Kilkinney's is awesome BTW.

The pricing for their suite was a tad high in my opinion, but the room was nice and big, with a very cozy feel to it. The bathroom was good sized with an ENORMOUS jacuzzi tub. There was complimentary bottled water and wi-fi and they even had turn-down service with a chocolate left for us. The bed was a little firm but much better than some highly rated hotels I've stayed at.

All in all our mini-vaca was excellent and the folks at Ambassador Hotel were part of what made it so special. Thanks!!

2 Thank Quentin A
Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The room and the service were very good. They have a nice Cadillac Escalade that will take you to nearby destinations, which was convenient when my wife and I had a wine dinner at a local restaurant that evenening.

Prattville, OK
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My wife and I had a room at the Ambassador in Tulsa to see George Strait. We were met upon entry by well attired, courteous staff who offered a quick history lesson concerning the hotel's interesting past. I did not know that it was on the National Register of Historic Places! We were given a free shuttle to and from our event...a very welcome perk while in a different city. Our room was in immaculate condition, no detail too small, offering a stimulating view of downtown Tulsa. The Chalkboard restaurant that is in the hotel is a definite plus. I would recommend the Ambassador to any traveler looking for above average accommodations with a very professional yet personable staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west and north sides offer the best views!
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Ambassador Hotel in downtown Tulsa. Everyone was very friendly and provided excellent customer service. The rooms were very nice and roomy. The beds are amazing! And, the food was delicious! I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are looking for a luxury experience.

• Stayed February 2012
UK
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The staff were professional and helpful. We upgraded to the Ambassador Suite and it was superb. The suite is very large and modern. Loved the Keurig coffeemaker in the room. They have a courtesy car to take you to a restaurant, we didn't use this as we ate at the Chalkboard which was very good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple