“Comfortable stay”
Review of Red Roof Inn Tulsa

Red Roof Inn Tulsa
Ranked #67 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I arrived to check in and was greeted by a very nice lady. She talked to me and treated me as if she had known me for awhile. This made me feel comfortable already. I asked for a first floor room, but since I'm a smoker was told smoking rooms were only on the third floor. The room was clean and looked comfortable upon entering. It is obvious that this is an older hotel, but never the less, the bed was comfortable and served it's purpose. The television in the room could use an upgrade, but it worked well enough for my short stay. There are a couple of nice restaurants next door, Outback and an Applebees. And plenty of other places close by that could be needed. They also served a small breakfast in the morning. The area didn't seem bad so I felt secure for myself and my vehicle. I would stay here again. It was comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
myfavouritel, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! My team and I do our very best to live up to the reputation we have built for ourselves with such a great focus on customer interaction and room cleanliness. Thank you so much for considering returning to our inn, and please do! You are always welcome at the Red Roof Inn Tulsa. We will do our best to continue building a better place to stay for our guests.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

we stayed at this hotel for one night when passing through Tulsa. We arrived late night and had to check in from outside with bullet-proof glass between us and the hotel clerk. There was a sign in the parking lot that explicitly states they are not responsible for vehicle theft. I too experienced a small gap in the exterior door of my room though not as extensive as the previous reviewer's experience. the deadbolt seemed to work enough to let me go to sleep. The room seemed clean, but the window drapes were torn, the lampshade on the lamp smashed, and I often heard sirens outside. I just didn't feel safe here at all. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherri O
myfavouritel, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I can assure you we take all comments very serious and try to find the best possible solution. Thank you for recognizing our clean room. If you do come back to the TULSA area, I would an opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes so do contact me directly.
Paresh

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Please let me start out by saying, I am not one to write reviews, but I feel as though the truth needs to be told from someone who doesn't get all twisted up about just any old thing. Truth be told, I am still looking at the positive side of this situation, as I will choose to have joy, but wanted to give specifics on this hotel. We got to this hotel and the area looked a little sketchy with several police cars patrolling around and the hotel didn't look too fancy(not that I needed it to). I went in, checked in and was greeted by a poker faced woman, who didn't show much emotion and never cracked a smile. My mom had mentioned she hoped they put us on the first floor, so once she gave me a 2nd floor room I asked if there were by chance any on the 1st floor. She said no, everyone had already checked in. ????? Ok........so I brush it off and my mom and I go to the room we have been assigned. I come out of the bathroom and look at the door to the room and there is a significant gap, with light shinning in, in the form of an L shape, at the bottom. I went and got a towel and thought we can improvise, but that towel didn't come close to taking care of the issue. So I went down to the front desk and this time I got the ladies husband(didn't speak very good engligh). I told him about the door and told him we would not be staying in that room and to put us in another one. He was nice, apologized, and put us in another room. I asked for a first floor room and it took him some time, but he found us one. We get in this room and the door is the exact same way. I thought ok it's only for a night we can deal with it, at least the heater works good, it will over power the chill coming through the door. I did however go back down to the lobby to talk to the receptionist, this time I got an American woman, and she played dumb like she didn't know anything about the doors. Another guest was standing there and asked to see the picture of the door that I showed the receptionist and he said they were all like that. Now, this doesn't set well with me. It looks like they have recently maybe done some remodeling in the lobby and putting in wooden floors in the rooms(which I have never seen in a hotel room before, but like where they are going with it), but these gaps need to be taken care of. This to me is unacceptable to us paying customers, despite the lower rate we are paying. I sent the picture to my dad and to give you an idea of how bad the gap was at the bottom of the door, his comedic comment was looks like someone could reach in there and steal the microwave. Yeah it's not just a little crack, there is visual light coming in. The beds are harder than what most people are used to sleeping on, so if a firm to hard bed is not for you, you will not be satisfied here. If breakfast is not that big of a deal, the VERY small selection won't bother you either. The fan in the barthroom was so loud it's worth using the shower, tub, or toilet in the dark. There was cob webs in corners and dust around the fan in the bathroom. A considerable gap in the floor around the bottom of the toilet, water stain on the ceiling, and the water pressure wasn't very high. And last but not least, this area was swarming with cops from the moment we got here. I got up at 5:45 to let the dog out and there were two cops outside our door who had someone pulled over. Never once did we come into this hotel parking lot without seeing a police man in the near vicinity. So in closing, if this is a situation that you can handle and your a person like me who doesn't want to spend and arm and a leg and you can deal with all these little hiccups, you will do fine here. But just know, it's not going to give you much more than simple shelter and a bed to sleep in. :-) Oh and it smelled like cigarette smoke in the bathroom, I assumed it was coming through the fan.

Room Tip: Not sure there is one at this hotel without issues. HA!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jgeans
myfavouritel, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Let me start by apologizing for the experience you had while staying with us. My staff and I try very hard to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay and I’m very sorry that you did not experience this while with us; please accept my sincerest apologies.
We take our guests’ safety and satisfaction very seriously as they are our top priorities; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with. We hope you will give us another try should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel is clean and the bed is ok. I would sugget to someone for a couples of nights. The area is centrally loctated and you can find most everthing you need within mintues. I would stay again if shorter.

Room Tip: Rooms is quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
myfavouritel, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell people about your stay. I am glad you had a pleasant stay. The entire staff is here to ensure all of your needs are met while you are our guests. We all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We hit an ice storm so this was a very convenient place to stop and get some sleep and be safe. The rooms are small but were clean. We didn't make it to breakfast, decided to get a few extra z's before getting back on the road. Only complaint is 3 flat pillows, I let my husband have 2, but I could have used 2 as well. It was nice to allow dogs, although there's no place outside for them to use the bathroom besides the road.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Our location is one of the best in Tulsa and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The staff is very knowledgeable and always happy to make recommendations on where to go, what to do, or where to eat while you are our guest.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

They are really courteous and when you have a problem they take care of it in such a timely matter it can make your head spin. Rooms are clean, with al types of dining establishment within walking distance and driving within a half mile..They are also updating and cleaning up the rooms constantly.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor at the very end. It was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
myfavouritel, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you Gary for taking the time to review our property.

I was very happy to see you were pleased with the results of our recent renovations.

I will share your comments with the entire staff, as they take great pride in the property, and it is always nice to hear their efforts are paying off.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you and your dogs again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I normally do not stay in anything but a 3 star or better, but this was not bad. I booked ahead, check in took 3 minutes and checkout was a breeze. Breakfast was simple but good. Room was comfortable and clean. Minor furniture damage, but was not offensive and could easily be over looked at the price I paid. Not a 3 star but I give it a 2 3/4 stars.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
myfavouritel, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable accomodations at a good value to our guests and I am pleased to see we were able to provide that.
The next time your business travels bring you to our area, we hope we again have the opportunity to be of service.