“This facility needs updating and a quicker response to solving problems.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tulsa Central
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 6 November 2010

The TV in the hotel room caught on fire. That evening the management moved us to another room in the hotel. There were NO offers of compensation given at that time or the following morning. The travel group leader (of senior citizens) was NOT informed about the problem. After returning home a talk with the manager made it seem as if the fire was nothing to be upset about. it took several calls and several weeks to get compensation in the form of a coupon from this hotel. The food service area has several stairs leading from where the food is obtained to the seating area. This is a safety hazard!

Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank MichiganEyesopen

Reviewed 17 October 2010

There are many hotels on this exit off I-44, suppose this Hampton is as good as any of them. The reason for our lower rating is toward the end of this review. This appears to be an older Hampton that is well maintained. Rooms appear clean. Check in was ok, clerk was pleasant. Check out was different, the guy called across the room (he was sitting in the lobby chatting with another employee and evidently too busy to bothered with us) and asked if we received our bill, and we said yes and he said 'just leave your keys on the desk' hmm...earlier when we were carrying things to our car, the same guy called across the room 'is that your pillow'...really, this one in the green pillow case, yes, its mine...I have to say, it was the first time any hotel had questioned me as to the ownership of the pillow -- like I would steal one of the Hampton Inn pillows.
This Hampton (unlike others) leaves your bill/check out in front of your door (instead of pushed under your door) -- so anyone walking by could pick it up -- this form has your name, address, hilton honors program number and the last-4 of your credit number on it...talk about concern over privacy issues...for this reason I can't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stay often at Hilton properties and picked this one because it was on the HHonors point extender. When we walked in, I noticed a security guard on duty - should have left then. The second night that we were there, my car was broken into. The hotel has taken no accountability for the incident, even though they obviously acknowledge a problem having a security guard on staff that patrols the parking lot.

This hotel needs to get its act together - they are impacting Hilton properties in general by their lack of caring about thier customers. I gave them the opportunity to make this situation right - they did not - be careful here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ZingSpringfield
HamptonTulsaOK, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tulsa Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2010

We understand your frustration and sympathize with the situation. However, we are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items in the hotel parking lot.

The hotel takes precautions such as signage posted in the lot to make customers aware of the need to secure there belongings and lock vehicles.

Reviewed 20 September 2010

Stayed at the hotel for two days. The hotel seems worn but it is in a convenient location. Took a shower and grabbed a towel. It appeared to have brownish red spots of blood on it. I threw the towel on the floor. The other towel had black spots on it. Finally, found a hand towel that appeared to be clean.
Could not get out of this hotel fast enough. There is NO excuse for not have clean towels folded in the room. There have got to be better hotels than this. I will be looking for one on my next trip. I am still disgusted by seeing blood on the towel!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

News222- thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. It was great to hear the positive comments in regards to our staffing and location. As you have stated we have been a Hampton for several years but we do strive to maintain the highest standards and adherence to cleanliness. I would love an opportunity for you to return to our hotel the next time you are in Tulsa so you may see that it is not the norm.

Reviewed 24 August 2010

The location is convenient to US44, HWY 51, 10 min from the airport, and there are restaurants in walking distance, not to mention short drives, from the property. This is an older property that has been updated to be similar to, but not quite up to par with newer HI's.

I did not care for the hallways which smell of stale smoke and mildew, worn or dirty carpeting in the halls, and the long walk to my room from the lobby elevators. There was a rear elevator closer to my room, but as a solo female traveler I was not too interested in parking in the desolate area that was closer to that elevator. The room was clean and pleasant, and did not smell, but the bathroom has a mildewy tub surround and the toilet had some functional issues. As a frequenter of HI's, I thought the property was a strange combo of older yet updated HI norms.

The wireless service worked great, front desk staff superb, the breakfast was of average HI quality, the room amenities slightly less than average HI's. BUT considering I paid $99 (vs the $169 and up at most HI's) it's quality on par with the price paid. If you are a Hilton Honors member, you might want to look at the Embassy Suites right next door to this property as an alternative.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Tired from driving and housekeeper knocked on door at 8:30 a.m. three times? check out time wasn't till 11, not sure what that was about? So got woken up early. Room smelled smoky. There is no air conditioning in hallways or elevators, very hot. Room air conditioning worked.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2009

My husband and I were traveling through and picked this hotel from the interstate. It was nice. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The hotel had a small workort room with pretty decent equipment - better than most hotels. They also had a free hot breakfast that was not too bad. We would stay here again as the price was good considering the amenities.

1  Thank cmk08