“Not what we expected”

Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Racine, Wisconsin
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

The Good: Rooms were spacious. TV's seemed new. The view was good. Chocolate chip cookies--excellent! Good location.

The Bad: I was surprised that the hotel was as dated as it was. Everything was old--the carpet was very worn in many areas. The toilet/shower area was TINY! On top of that--no refrigerator! My daughter was on meds that needed to be refrigerated and we kept having to replenish the ice bucket. Plus--no free internet. I've stayed at better "express" hotels.

The Ugly: When my daughter climbed into the bed at night--there were socks by her feet! Socks! Someone else's clothing!! Were the sheets even changed or did they just stick to the sheets after being washed? If that's the case, why didn't the housekeepers notice that while putting the sheets on the bed?

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KarinRK
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Dear KarinRK,

Thank you so much for giving us your feedback on your recent stay.

My staff and I are truly dismayed that your stay was not up to our usual Doubletree standards. Please know that your comments have been shared and addressed with the housekeeping department to keep this situation from ever occuring again.

I wanted to let you know if any of our guests have medicine that needs to be refrigerated, we do provide them complimentary. We will make sure the entire front desk team is aware of this policy and we have already discussed the possilby or revising it for future guests.

I am truly sorry that we did not provide you and your family with an exceptionally positive experience. We would love to regain your loyalty and you may contact us directly and speak with my administrative assistant.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This hotel is the nicest of Doubletree. I've stayed at the one in Arlington/Crystal City Virginia. The Doubletree cookies are delicious. However, I'm an elevator expert. Your Westinghouse elevators were terrible. The bell hurt my ears and it jumped and bumped all the way down. I've been stuck in the Crowne Plaza elevators in Downtown Tulsa and they were even better getting stuck then these were working. the bathrooms were very clean and I appreciate all you have put into this wonderful hotel. Please keep up the good work and modernize your elevators to the brand Schindler or Otis Gen2. Please contact these elevator brands as this one is in need of help.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear Hotels29,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our hotel. We do have our elevators maintained regularly by one of the companies that you mentioned in your review. I will have them come out and perform additional tests/maintenance due to your comments. Thank you so much for your business and we will look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Great hotel! This is one of the friendliest Doubletree Hotel I have stayed. The rooms are super clean and spacious. The staff treat you like family, not another guest or number. Everyone bends over backwards to welcome you and make sure your stay is up to your standards. The price is just right for a downtown hotel. The restaurant is great. They have some local fare, like chicken fried steak. The chicken mushroom rice soup is a must have. If you are in Tulsa, this is a must place to stay.

1 Thank jacklbarnhart
Pontotoc, Mississippi
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I was here with a group the second weekend in June. There were a lot of things going on in downtown Tulsa. Hotel was busy. Most of the front desk personnel were knowledgable and helpful. Good customer service skills. Rooms were very nice. spacious and clean. Beds were as comfortable as I have ever slept on. Breakfast bar had a good variety of food that was hot and tasty. Overall a very good property. Biggest plus for this hotel is the friendliness of front desk personnel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Dear Food_man56,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with the entire team. They will be thrilled to read such nice comments. We hope that you have an opportunity in the near future to come back and see us. Best regards, Luis Arellano
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I arrived after travelling from Boston and working all day to find that while I had reserved a room, there were no more rooms available and since it was after 4PM I was unable to cancel my reservation - which also did not reflect my corporate rate. I spent the night in one of their office rooms on a sofa bed, which was uncomfortable and resulted in a night of very poor sleep.

Frustrated, I spoke to the manager the next morning who apologized for the aberrant experience. She fixed the rate and ensured that I would be placed in a nice room for the remainder of the stay (If I chose to say). I was, and was compensated for my trouble.

I travel for business a lot and have never had that happen to me previously, but I was still very please with the Manager's (Maggie) response and accommodation. I am confident that it was a simple mistake and not a reflection of the hotel normally.

The hotel is nice and the rooms are recently renovated (although smell bizarrely of maple syrup sometimes). The hotel channels are limited ( no comedy central) but that seems to be consistent with all doubletrees I have stayed in.

The location is good, with green space and good places to eat.

When I come back to Tulsa, I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank aftersix
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Dear Aftersix:
On behalf of the Doubletree Downtown Tulsa staff and me, we thank you for having taken the time to express your experience during your last trip to Tulsa. Rest assured that the every team member in my hotel is committed to deliver the best service in the area. I am glad to hear that Maggie was able to correct the room accommodations to your satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit and deliver a perfect stay!
My Best,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I have stayed at the Doubletree Downtown Tulsa on several locations. Our business rate is very good for the quality of the hotel.

The bathrooms have been updated, the staff is friendly and helpful.

The breakfast is always pretty good as well.

This is a good hotel for the business traveler. The rooms are clean and quiet and the beds are comfortable. If you have work in downtown Tulsa, you are 2 minutes from everything.

I have regularly stayed at this hotel and will continue to do so.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Dear supermac3,

Thank you so much for your positive review.

I will share your comments with my team. We do strive to give friendly and caring service to all of our guests.

You are absolutely right - if you are working downtown - you are just 2 minutes from everything.

We are so glad that you chose us for your stays. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Little Rock
Reviewed 23 March 2011

The good: Room was fine. Roomy. Clean. I asked for additional towels & they were sent up immediately. Location suited us. Parking was supposed to be $7 per day but we weren't charged. The bad: Arrived at the hotel at 4:30 pm & was told they didn't have a room for me & that there was one other person on the list ahead of me (?!). Took my phone number & said they would call me when my room was ready. Would be about 15 minutes. Not the end of the world but we were tired after driving for 5 hrs. After 45 minutes I went to desk & asked if they could tell me when we'd have a room. Oops. It was ready but nobody called. Unfortunately the room was by the elevator. LOUD. No sleep. But that wasn't hotel's fault. Lots of lively guests who congregated near the elevator all night. Note that there is a fee for internet service. We didn't use pool but it looked really nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank thisisgettingold
GlMEmbassy, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, 5 April 2011
Dear Thisisgettingold:

We are sorry to hear that we did not rock your world, the staff and I are committed to offer the best humanly service in Tulsa. We would love to have the opportunity to gain your loyalty and ensure that you are satisfied. Please contact me for at your earliest convenience.

My Best,