“Business in Tulsa”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in downtown Tulsa is a friendly, comfortable and nicely located for business in downtown Tulsa. The building appears to be dated but considerable investment has been made to modernize the lobby, restaurant and bar areas. My room was spacious and comfortable - I did find the walls separating the rooms to be somewhat thin as I could hear my neighbor's over night visits to the lavatory.
With brutally cold night time temperatures discouraging travels outside the hotel, dinner at the Made Market Restaurant and Bar was really very good and very reasonably priced. The menu was accessible, the food ingredients fresh, well prepared, and the bartenders offered very good service.
My highest praise however is for the shuttle van drivers. I utilized this free service for trips to and from the airport and to be dropped off at a business meeting on a bitterly cold morning. The drivers are quite friendly, efficient and really go out of their way to help. They are the hotel's best ambassadors!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel has made some serious improvements. My room was very nice, very spacious and looked to be newly update. Few points:
• Workout room is up to date
• Location is perfect for downtown meetings
• Made Market (located on main level Lobby area) is a pretty nice addition to the hotel. Very good food.
• Parking garage has been updated and has order.
• Staff did a great job, very courteous and responsive

Overall my experience was good. I recommend this hotel based on location to downtown, value paid for room, friendly staff and cleanliness of room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The desk employees are very in -attentive and don't even bother to help you find the elevator or navigate the a parking garage. Simply told us you room is 815 and you will need to pay an additional $10 for parking. On the hopes that this girl was just having an off day, we were optimistic that checkout would be friendlier but received more of the same. I've stayed at far nicer and far less nice hotels but this is some of the worst service I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jcparry
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My stay at your hotel on Monday Jan 27th on the 11th floor which on the elevator keypad had it listed as a HItlon Honor floor did not have hot water coming out of the shower in when I arrived around 5:30PM or the next morning. This forced me to check out and find another motel. The clerk when checking out stated that oh yes the worked on the hot water problem and have it fixed now which would have been very nice to know when I checked in. Did not expect that from a Hilton Hotel. The resturant breakfest was delicious. The parking garage need some work looks run down.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

We apologize for the poor level of services and amenities you received during your stay. We understand your frustrations and we are addressing them with our staff so that they will not happen again. Please feel free to contact us directly with more feedback so we can improve. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was attending a conference. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. It was convenient since it was next to the Cox Center. There were several restaurants nearby.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 January 2014

It was nice and across the street from convention center was very convenient. They were very tolerant of 200+ cheerleaders taking over the hotel. They even allowed us to to bring in food to feed all of our athletes and parents

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I look forward to staying at the Tulsa Downtown Doubletree every year for a conference that is in the hotel and across the street. I have thought in the past that the price per night is a little high seeing as the downtown hotel is in some ways dated. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in at the updates made however I was told that there were no rooms available as other people had not checked out. Please keep in mind that I had not only made a reservation but had prepaid as well. I was told by the front desk that they had secured me another room at a nearby Doubletree hotel at no charge. First of all it is a major inconvenience attending a conference that you have to drive 15-20 minutes in city traffic to get to. I was ok with it as they had given me the new room for free. I mean, who can complain... I was told by the hotel that the two hotels could shuttle me back and forth so I didn't have to drive. The new hotel was not ok with this as they only serviced the airport. Then when I got to my room my reservation had been changed from 1 king bed to two doubles. I asked the desk about it and she barked that that is the reservation that they got from the other hotel and that it wouldn't matter because they were booked. I was 10 seconds away from just going home. Because of this change in hotel, I missed the first afternoon of the conference which was the main reason I was there. Apparently there was a lady who wanted to trade her king for two doubles so we ended up getting what we wanted. I am sorry to sound rude but a free room that caused me to be stressed out when I was on basically a vacation, ending up missing over half of my conference, missing an important alumnist dinner, getting barked at by a desk clerk, and having to drive back and forth was not worth it.