“Warm Rooms”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My stay at this Doubletree has been very good. The weather has been very cold in Tulsa, compared to the temperatures back in Texas. My room was toasty, the water was hot and the bed was nice and warm. The staff is very nice and helpful.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown

Reviewed 16 February 2014

First we accidentally got on the wrong double tree van after waiting over 40 minutes from the airport and were told they would have to drop us back off at the airport before they would be able to pick us up with the correct van. When I called the correct hotel to let them know we would be at the airport and in need of a ride, Kitwina told me that we may or may not make it and the van driver would not be willing or able to wait for us to get there. When I asked her to call the driver and explain the situation, she became very rude and sarcastic and hung up on me.

We finally arrived at the hotel about 30 minutes later (and only because we paid for a cab). I requested a fridge and Jeremy (who was the only one with a lick of empathy or concern with our opinion of the hotel) explained they normally charge, but because of the mix up with the vans and inconvenience of having to purchase a ride to the hotel they would give us one.

I called three times over the next hour to get updates on how long it would be until I could get the fridge. An hour and 10 minutes later, Cynthia the security guard wheeled a small beat up fridge into the doorway. I asked her how he was twice, only be completely ignored. She rolled her eyes at me and said, "Well, there you go!" with a very mean tone.

I asked her if she was going to bring it into the room and plug it in (everyone everywhere else I go does that plus it seems like a liability risk to expect the customer to be expected to lift the fridge and set it up). She snapped, "No. I'm a security guard. I don't do this stuff."

I suggested she remove the cart and I'd lift the fridge off. It was heavier than I expected and I was bare foot, so I accidentally dropped it. As I dropped it, the door slammed shut and I could hear Cynthia laughing outside. When i opened the door, she had already started down the hall.

I called the front desk because I felt Cynthia's behavior was extremely inappropriate. Jeremy was apologetic and offered to bring me a cookie. It was too late and I was too tired by that point, but I appreciated his desire to make up for the poor customer service I was given by the other employees.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Hotel was chosen because of dance competition in convention center across the street. Lobby, restaurant, & pool looked recently renovated. Sadly, the rooms were tired and worn. With that said, the rooms were clean; beds were comfortable. The shower control in our bathroom was coming out of the wall. A friend said the carpet was torn in their room & there was mildew around the bathtub. We had lunch at the restaurant & food was expensive, but good. Knowing there was a dance competition going on, they really didn't have enough staff to handle the demand. We tried to eat there again at supper, but the lines were terrible. Our friend ordered a bowl of soup to go & it took over an hour to get it. Again....they were slammed because of the competition, but they should've been more prepared for it. Note: You had no choice but to park in the parking garage. $10/day. Would I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Staff was excellent! The only problem that I noticed was the vent in the bathroom was very dirty and a fake eyelash was left on our bathroom counter when we got there, indicating the room was not real clean. Those two things were very minor, your staff and room accommodations were excellent!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

From the moment we arrived, until we checked out, our visit at the Tulsa Double Tree Hilton was a wonderful experience. Every staff member treated us warmly, friendly, with respect and courtesy. Our pure allergen free room was beautiful and clean. The view from our 14th floor window was fantastic. Our breakfast was delivered hot, fresh and the food was delicious. The noise level was zero. We recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The front desk staff was very courteous and professional. I arrived much later than anticipated and they treated me as though I was their one and only guest. The room was clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again. Thank you for a relaxing stay!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The building is beautiful, the staff tries hard but management has no clue to what they are doing. Front desk can never find your reservation or your credit card authorization. I don't think anyone looks at an occupancy sheet. 30 minute wait for breakfast, can't get an elevator and one bartender for a full hotel friday and saturday night. My party walks up the street to get a drink after work because you can't get one in the hotel. Loud maids will slam doors but say Good Morning. No upscale dining. Never enough staff. Don't they go to college for hotel management? So tired of the Doubletree Tulsa.

Room Tip: Somewhere else