“tulsa review”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was there to attend carnival which is a very nice black tie event held next door at the Cox business center. I was told that there would be rooms for a discounted rate of $79.00. When I called to reserve a room I was told there was no more at that price so I reserved a room at double the rate. I then asked to have early checkin and received a confirmation number for that. I arrived at 2:30 and was told the room was not ready. Left my cell # so that they could notify me when it was ready. After waiting in lobby for 45 mins I went up to the desk clerk to ask about the room and He said that it was ready. Now it's 3:15 so much for early checkin. The next morning we had our door constantly knocked on by the maids to clean our room. Not the best experience I can honestly say.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding you recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for failing to honor your early check in request. While we make every effort to honor these requests, a lot are determined by the prior nights occupancy, which in the case was very high. You did not mention if you had a do not disturb sign on your door the following morning when housekeeping was knocking but I would hope that was not the case. I will personally speak to the team and ensure they are aware of honoring the request. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We went as a large group, filling the hotel. Check in was much easier than it could have been. The bed was very comfortable - slept really good. The food was great, though ready made fruit cups were pricey. Service was wonderful in the hotel. Even when all the elevators were busy, they opened up the Service elevators for us. Look forward to going back with my family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Loved having the sink and mirror separate from the shower,etc. Room was clean, beds comfy. The hotel restaurant was awesome - great food, good variety! Was there for our Sweet Adeline competition. My only complaint: elevators too slow. check in/out could have been more efficient. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Pleasant stay. I would return. Comfortable, clean. I would have liked to have more choices for meals. Dislike that I have to put in 200 characters. The hotel was chosen by the group I was traveling with - several hundred women.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Every time I have been to this hotel it's the same story.

One guy who looks like Charlie Brown with a tie checking in a long line of guests.

There's like 6 computers at the lobby checkin but always only one poor schlep checking people in.

Getting really tired of this crap!!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights for business and was super impressed. Despite all the construction nearby, it was easy to get to and while parking is a charge, there were plenty of spots in the ramp and it was very close to the hotel (so little walking). The service was great and I certainly can't complain about a warm walnut cookie upon check-in. The room was really spacious and clean and the whole building seems recently renovated. Wireless internet worked great and they do have a fitness center (but kicking myself for not making it down there). I also noticed a TON of joggers around the area and we walked a few places to eat, so the area is safe. There are a couple restaurants in walking distance, but I do wish we had been closer to the Blue Dome district. The bar in the hotel has reasonable beers ($4.5 for Blue Moon), but cocktails were really pricey at $9.75. The continental breakfast is not free, however, and what is tricky is that there are no signs stating that it is $14. I had quite a few co-workers who grabbed some stuff not realizing it and getting stuck with a bill. They do have a variety of grab n go items like yogurt and sandwiches, but they are also pretty pricey. We had much better luck driving to the QuikTrip Kitchen that was just off of S Dakota. We did use the shuttle once and it was really convenient at picking us up when it started raining :) I would definitely recommend this hotel because it was super convenient to downtown and was clean and new, but personally I would try to stay closer to the Blue Dome district next time I am in the area. Also beware that the elevators are super slow to open the doors once you arrive at your floor. As a person with elevator phobia, those slow opening doors gave me minor panic attacks and had me convinced I was stuck in there forever! :)

Room Tip: HHonors floor and ask for one facing the city. Great views!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The Doubletree I guess has a tradition of giving out warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in.( the front desk clerk wasn't very friendly) We didn't get one and found out later they did that. We were at a Sweet Adeline competition last weekend and were booked in this hotel. To me, for what you get, they are way over priced. No refrigerators or microwaves, not even a continental breakfast, which a lot of hotels now offer a hot one. The restaurant was EXPENSIVE! of course most hotel ones are. The bathroom was probably one of the tiniest I've ever been in. The room was clean and the rest of the staff were great. My roommate said her bed was comfortable, but mine seemed kind of lumpy. Over all, I would try to find a different hotel next year when they have our competition.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends