“Great Experience until...”

Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Experience until...”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

...it was time for me take my shower in the morning. The bathtub was all clogged up! Water was really backed up and was not flowing down the drain as expected. I know that was an oversight, but it was a very costly oversight for a hotel with very high standards and expectations. More so, located in downtown Tulsa Oklahoma, a hub for business travelers in the state! I would expect that the Hotel’s management retrain their staff on ensuring that rooms are in top notch before the next guest moves in. Will I stay at a Double Tree (Hilton) again? Hopefully, Yes. I definitely will check the bathtubs before going to bed by taking a shower in the evening!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding you recent stay with us. I am pleased that your overall stay was a positive one and please accept my apologies for the issue with the tub drain. We are currently renovating all of our guest rooms and one of the main projects is to completely rebuild/clean the drain system. We have completed approximately 200 rooms, so we are about halfway there. Please be sure to visit us again on a return trip to Tulsa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Ralls, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Everything was great, comfortable and clean, The price of the food seemed high. There was a large number of us in the hotel for the Sweet Adelines region 25 competition and not enough staff available at check in and check out. We were told service elevators would be available to us every evening, but that was not obvious and not enough staff to mann them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that your overall experience was a positive one. Please accept my apologies for the elevator situation. It is often difficult when a large group is in-house all trying to access the elevators at the same time. We are currently looking at a complete modernization of the units in the near future which should help. We thoroughly enjoyed your group and cant wait to see you back next year.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've now stayed at this hotel twice.
The location is very convenient but everything else... ehhh
The check in process is not up to the usual Doubletree standard, The elevators are so outdated and can give you motion sickness if you're only going up one floor, and the noise. Oh the noise.

ANY time anyone shuts their door you hear it. If it's a neighboring room you feel it. You could hear a mouse running through those halls. It's unreal.

The AC unit is also extremely outdated. The guests in the room next to me had a broken AC. I only know because I could hear them talking about it like I was in the same room. I could also hear the maintenance man the next morning yelling for towels and expletives.

I'd just skip this place if at all possible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding you recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the less than stellar expereinces on your last two visits. I have passed along your comments regarding the check in experience to our Front Office Manager to address as this is usually one of our strong points. It will be corrected. We are currently in the early stages of a possible elevator replacement and although it won't happen quickly due to sheer scope of work necessary, we are working to make improvements. Finally, you are correct that our AC system is an older model, as the hotel is approaching 34 years of age. We are constantly working ot replace motors, fans, etc and I am sorry you had a bad experience. I hope that you will reconisder and try us again in the future. Again, thank you for the comments and for your business.
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Upon arriving, I waited an extremely long time to check in due to the fact there was only one person at the front desk. The room that I reserved was not the one I received. The bathroom lights had lampshades and one of mine was missing one to reveal the bulb. The room did not scream extremely clean either. One of the most uncomfortable beds I have slept in in a long time. To top it off I was put in a room next to the ice machine and elevator. There is a sign that says that it turns off from midnight to 7 am. Well that was not true. First night, three times at 3 AM. Next day, twice at 6 AM. Let's just say when you are dead asleep it sounds like it is right in your room and rather alarming.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding you stay with us last month. Please accept my apologies for failing to meet you expectations, which I must agree were not out of reach. The check in process should be an easy one and I will be sure to check the latest scheduling to ensure this isn't an issue in the future. The ice machines are on automatic timers that shut down during the announced hours but unfortunately, they are easily overridden which sometimes does happen. We are checking them all now to ensure we stay on top of this. Again, I apologize for the poor experience and hope you will give us another chance as we are continually making improvements to the property.
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was there to attend carnival which is a very nice black tie event held next door at the Cox business center. I was told that there would be rooms for a discounted rate of $79.00. When I called to reserve a room I was told there was no more at that price so I reserved a room at double the rate. I then asked to have early checkin and received a confirmation number for that. I arrived at 2:30 and was told the room was not ready. Left my cell # so that they could notify me when it was ready. After waiting in lobby for 45 mins I went up to the desk clerk to ask about the room and He said that it was ready. Now it's 3:15 so much for early checkin. The next morning we had our door constantly knocked on by the maids to clean our room. Not the best experience I can honestly say.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding you recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for failing to honor your early check in request. While we make every effort to honor these requests, a lot are determined by the prior nights occupancy, which in the case was very high. You did not mention if you had a do not disturb sign on your door the following morning when housekeeping was knocking but I would hope that was not the case. I will personally speak to the team and ensure they are aware of honoring the request. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We went as a large group, filling the hotel. Check in was much easier than it could have been. The bed was very comfortable - slept really good. The food was great, though ready made fruit cups were pricey. Service was wonderful in the hotel. Even when all the elevators were busy, they opened up the Service elevators for us. Look forward to going back with my family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Newton, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Loved having the sink and mirror separate from the shower,etc. Room was clean, beds comfy. The hotel restaurant was awesome - great food, good variety! Was there for our Sweet Adeline competition. My only complaint: elevators too slow. check in/out could have been more efficient. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business