“*NEED TO READ”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for one night drove from Texas, had my $900 camera stolen out of my room. So in order to talk to a manager I waited 15 minutes, then he filed a report, took 20 minutes to come back and said that they would have a manager call me, no one did. Apparently there are no cameras in this hotel. I called back when I got home to see if anything had be investigated and was on hold for 10 minutes to be told that I would have to call tomorrow to talk to a manager. There is no sense of urgency or sympathy when a guest of theirs had something stolen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jessica H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I checked into my room on Friday evening. I immediately went into the bathroom. I lifted up the lid on the toilet and there was a giant pubic hair on the seat. Nasty! I immediately called housekeeping to get the toilet cleaned and disinfected. Someone came 15 minutes later and cleaned. The next day I was walking around in my white sox and noticed more pubic hair on the bottom of my sox! It seems that they don't vacuum. So gross. The third day the inside of the toilet needed cleaning. Housekeeping missed it and it stayed dirty until I checked out on Monday. Never again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank NYCSusie
David W, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Susie, I know Linda has been in touch with you regarding your recent stay, but I wanted to personally apologize once again for your experience! I'm so sorry it did not meet our standards, and I know with the information you provided, it has been addressed with Housekeeping to rememdy. Thank you again for staying with us, but most of all for providing us with the details on our shortfalls, for it to be corrected!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Double Tree has been in downtown Tulsa for a long time. It was in excellent condition and looks to have been remodeled sometime in the recent past. We had a room on the 11th floor with a great view of downtown. The pool was clean and the bar and restaurant were very nice. Parking was convent and covered. Overall a great time and experience. I would recomend the Double Tree.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jonathan, thank you for the 5-star review - we are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We did, indeed, recently go through a renovation and are still working in some areas of the hotel! It's been exciting to see the many changes taking place. We look forward to having you with us again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

we were upgraded at the front desk for our anniversary and was put to the 16th floor the room had blood on the walls, a booger starring at you from the toilet view, mold in the shower and on the curtain, one of the sink glasses were used, the vents and pictures were covered in dust.... to ice the cake house keeping woke us up at 0830 knocking at the door i opened it and they said they were just checking.. i ask why and what time check out was they said noon so i asked them to check after noon then.. i jumped in the shower just to be rushed out after a second group of house keeping let them selves in!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William H

William, thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am shocked and embarrassed about your experience and would love to get some more details from you so that I can address it with housekeeping. Would you please contact the hotel at 918-587-8000 and ask for me?

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of its location in downtown, close to the festival we were attending. The staff was pleasant but just enough to fulfill doing their job. The parking ramp would not let us in and we were made to feel like it was our fault. We were checked into an occupied room upon arrival and while the front desk was nice, seemed like a normal occurrence for them. The room was very nice, clean, etc. The bathroom is very tiny and the shower needed some serious repair. It worked well enough, though. On the last morning of our stay, housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:30am even though we had our DND on the door. They said "oh we thought maybe you had just left it on when you checked out". Luckily we were already awake and getting ready to leave but would have been more upset had we been trying to sleep in. The shuttle service was great to take us back and forth from our events. The driver and the dispatch were a little unprofessional on their walkie talkie phones though, making fun of where we were going while we were in the shuttle. Did not really appreciate that much.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for brining these things to our attention! I have passed along your comments regarding the room condition to our engineering team and Executive Housekeeper. I can assure you checking someone in to an occupied room is a rare and appaling circumstance, and I will address with my staff the professionalism of their responses, as well as with my shuttle and dispatcher. I appreciate you bringing these things to my attention so that they may be addressed and corrected.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The food court was very accessible and convenient. good quality. I also appreciated the convenient sky bridge to the parking. The bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed a good night's rest. The location of the Double Tree is convenient to the OSU Medical Center and handy to down town Tulsa.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David, thank you for the great review! We are so happy we were able to meet your needs with your accomodations and we look forward to the next time we can serve you again!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Good hotel, very nice lobby amenities. Has indoor pool. Room service food good but not great. Not a lot of restraunt choices within easy walking distance, so drive or eat there. Shower didn't function properly, but functioned well enough to get clean. Only stayed two nights, if I was staying longer I would have complained about the shower.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David W, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your review of the hotel, Dorian! We appreciate the comments and welcome the opportunity to correct any short-falls during your stay. Based on your comments, we sent Engineering to your room and have already corrected the issue with the shower.

You might also like to know our hotel does offer shuttle service within a 3 mile radius of the hotel! Tulsa has invested a lot of resources in to developing our downtown district these past few years and there are some outstanding restaurants within our shuttle's range. Next time you come for a visit, ask one of our Front Desk Associates for their favorite!