“Good location but a little tired”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good location but a little tired”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I recently stayed at this property while on business in Tulsa. It's in a good location if you need access to downtown locations. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I was upgraded to a suite, which was a very large room with bedroom and living room furniture (not separate rooms). The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were good. The AC worked very well (important as Tulsa is very hot) and was surprisingly quiet for a hotel room.

My criticism of this property is that is in need of significant updating. With the exception of the bed, all of the furniture in my room was outdated. The sofa was faded and the cushions were worn. Both sets of drapes were torn. The lighting wasn't very effective. There was a small wet bar that was old Formica. It looked like some updates had been made in the bathroom (tile and sink) but the shower head was very low (chest height) and the air vent was dirty.

The lobby and Made Market were nice and look like they've been renovated. The Market is an attractive space that includes a bar, restaurant, and market. The continental breakfast in the Market was very basic and over-priced ($13). There was a minimal assortment of fruit and pastry. When busy, there were too few servers.

Overall, this is an average Doubletree that could be very nice with some investment in renovation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
David W, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your hotel experience with us! We are happy you encountered just some of our friendly staff and enjoyed our brand new (and yes, renovated!) Made Market. The hotel has actually been in a state of renovation over the past 2 years with over $11M invested so far. All of our rooms have actually been renovated, with the exception of a few of our suites, which it sounds like is what you had. We do recognize the need for renovations in these as well, but it was decided to first concentrate on all of our standard rooms. We do appreciate your comments, and next visit, be sure to ask if one of our renovated suites is available, or be sure to ask to see one of our renovated standard rooms! Thank you again for your candid remarks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Experience was mostly positive with the exception for a couple of things. I have stayed here before and always had a good experience. However, this time, we had no refrigerator for my insulin and were told that we had to pay extra and they had none. I was not advise I needed to request on during reservations. Also the bathtub was chipped and had rust and scum stains. Guest services was very rude when we called to ask about these issues.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Pamela, thank you so much for your review of our property and your recent stay. We love hearing comments from our guests, and appreciate the experience of your return stays. I'm so sorry you encountered some negatives and I am certain we will have them rectified by your next stay. While our suites all come equiped with fridges, our standard rooms do not, however we do offer them for rental by request. It is a $10/night charge, however, we do not charge when needed for medical purposes. Also, I wanted to let you know that I was just discussing with our General Manager last week the condition of a few of our tubs and we are moving forward in September or October with a resurfacing project with all of our tubs. Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. It is because of that feedback, and the feedback of others that we are able to decide which projects to take on. We appreciate you choosing our hotel time and again and look forward to your next visit!
Duncan, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the beginning of August 2014 and my room was clean and the air conditioner worked well. The room I stayed in did not have a mini fridge or microwave, so pack a cooler if you want a cold drink.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeFOM, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Cody, thank you for sharing your experience! We love hearing about our guests and appreciate you taking the time to share it with others. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Fort Cobb, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the DoubleTree Hotel in Tulsa and would stay there again. The hotel was clean, quiet and I felt safe. The parking is sometimes somewhat crowded and difficult. It would also be helpful to have someone available to help with information for travel (on and off ramps) because of the construction on most of the roads close to the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your review! We're happy you enjoyed your stay. Having 6 levels, it is rare that our parking garage sees numbers to its maximum capacity, but I'm so sorry you had troubles finding a place. As typical for downtown locations, parking can sometimes be hard to find so we feel lucky to have such a large garage. I'm so sorry you had troubles finding a spot, but am thrilled you enjoyed the rest of your stay! We look foward to seeing you again soon!
edmond, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Tub drained very slowly, reported it and no improvement. Light burned out in bathroom, did replace it quickly. Bed was good, elevators were better this time considering how many people were in the hotel. Really miss the Starbucks located downstairs. Pool was nice and the hot tub worked great. Wish they would have had more people working the counter during check out.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review of your stay, Randa! I'm so sorry your stay was less than perfect but really appreciate you taking the time to share the details. I will share them with my fellow managers so that we can better prepare for your next great stay!
Fort Cobb, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The rooms are very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out was quick and easy. I love the cookies, they are wonderful!!!!! I had a very nice stay. (The review needs to not require so many characters, that is annoying)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

While I have no input on how many characters TripAdvisor chooses to require, I can say, I sure enjoyed seeing the great review!! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Chickasha, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have stayed at the Doubletree for work several times and I always enjoy the stay. The staff is always helpful and friendly. And I love the warm cookies. the room was always cleaned and I saw that you are in the process of remodeling the rooms by floor. One of my co-workers was on a lower floor and her room was very nice. The location for the convention center is so great that I don't have to drive to the meetings I attend when I'm there. thank you for being so kind.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robin, thank you so much for staying with us and for offering us a review of your stay. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and continue to make us your choice when traveling for work! We have completed our standard room renovations and have also renovated a few of our suites! Please let us know what you think of the renovations during your next stay with us. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you soon!