“Good value”

Ranked #10 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Wichita, Kansas
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Overall very comfortable. Free happy hour and excellent free breakfast with cook-to order omlets. Beds are comfortable. Rooms are clean. I feel secure. Room temp is OK, but heat controls don't change it much.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ken M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hello and thank you for your review. We take great pride in delivering the best in way of service and quality, so I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Ken Morgan
General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Tulsa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I checked in at 230ish on 3/22/14, went to the room, had to call the desk because the original room we had the light bulbs were out, shower head fixture was hanging off the wall, stains on the floor and wall the room was horrible. I had to go back to the desk to get a key to another room and move all our things to another room. We get the other room and the room not only was outdated it was hot, I thought maybe because the air conditioner was off. I look at the thermostat that was not secured to the wall, and tried adjusting the air, the thermostat button would not move due to it being broken, I call the front desk again and let them know the air conditioner is not working. They said they will have maintenance come by to fix it. 30 minutes later I call the front desk back, They did not even know that maintenance was not there yet. Then maintenance came by a few seconds later. Maintenance stated he had to fix a fuse. We left shortly after that for a birthday party so we did not get to stay long enough to see if the air conditioner was working. When we got back, to the hotel, I had family come with us to help move things from my car to the room, we were going to go to the CATTLE REASTURANT after we got things moved to the room with our family. The front desk worker who was a younger lady with short almost buzz cut hair do. jumped down my throat threatening me that we would get evicted if we did not have my family leave. The front desk clerk kept saying we were having a party, I tried explaining that they were helping me move our things to the room and then we were going to the restaurant, but she kept saying we were having a party. I went up stairs with a few of the people that was there to help me and when we made it to the room the room was swampy feeling the air conditioner still did not work. I was getting ready to call downstairs when one of the family members came to the room and said that I needed to go to the front desk. I went to the front desk and because one of the my family members attempted to purchase a SODA from the Embassy concession. The front clerk started yelling at them. I went down to the front desk and told them I want a refund due to the horrible experience I had with the facility and the staff. Your front desk clerk not sure of her name but she was an older caucasian lady even tried lying stating that I did not advise them of the issue with the air conditioner. Long story short they gave me a full refund. I went to the Crowne Plaza was able to get 2 very excellent rooms that was twice the size of the so called suite at Embassy and cheaper the money I saved there I was able to order a movie playing in theaters now, and breakfast. Not only did you loose money for the hotel and concession, the restaurant also lost money. Your staff should be happy that this review is the only complaint I had, because one of my family members who is experienced with public safety almost contacted the Fire Marshall to report that the pool and the pool area was over capacity.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Scott B, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. It is unfortunate that you did not have an excellent stay with us, and for that, please accept my apologies.
Tulsa, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed at Embassy suites all over the country and this one was sub-par for their quality and service. Pool was dirty and closed for draining, breakfast buffet was over crowded and slow for food, and the thermostat only blew cold air no matter what it was set on.

1 Thank Adam A
Thank you for your review. We are excited to understand the views of our guests as we are continuously in the process of making changes to update our product and service. We have implemented some changes to better manage the children on the weekends (since your stay in February). In addition to additional management to assist during peak times, a curfew is now in place for children under eighteen and some new policies to help keep the pool cleaner. I regret that your air conditioning unit was not repaired during your stay. Please accept my apologies.
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I personally love this hotel! We have stayed with this hotel for our stays in Tulsa for at least 15 years! The service is utmost and I definitely would recommend it to anyone! The breakfast is such a welcoming touch to a tiring stay! You can never compare it to a continental breakfast! The cleanliness is something I expect and it meets my high expectations each and every time! I will always stay at the Embassy suites hotel and rest assured my comfort will be attained always! Thank you!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your excellent comments. The Embassy Suites is very proud of its excellent service and we are glad that your experience reflected this. Our fitness center is designed for people of varying enthusiasm; I am happy to hear we exceeded your needs.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip to our beautiful city.
Keene, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We only stayed there over night but it was such an amazing experience. This is actually our third time staying at an Embassy Suites hotel. It was very clean, beautiful, and my favorite part was the breakfast. Outstanding!

Room Tip: Room #522 was on a small corner and was very quit!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Scott B, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We are best known for our great suites, breakfast and service. The Embassy Suites is very proud of its excellent team members and we are glad that your experience reflected their hard work and dedication. Our atrium lobby was renovated just last year; specifically designed to offer ample seating areas for socializing. I’m happy to hear it you enjoyed it so much.
Edmond, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were there as a family. While the staff was helpful, they were understaffed with only one person at the desk. Room was barely what we felt we paid for. Pool was greenish and hot tub was even more green. Not sure if chemicals or algae. Furniture was run down. Beds ok. Door quit working with the key, and we had to have someone let us in remainder of stay. Breakfast was outstanding. It exceeded our expectations. Not sure we would stay again due to the mediocre condition of the room overall. Plus a family with a baby stayed in the room directly across the hallway. Could hear the baby cry more than once. About a 1/2 inch gap underneath all of the hallway doors. I think that is why I could hear talking and such without even trying to listen. Just seemed a bit run down overall. Temp control was fine.

But just adequate is all that I can say for my experience.

1 Thank dawna b
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. We are excited to understand the views of our guests as we are continuously in the process of making changes to update our product and service. I am happy to hear the customer service was great and that you had no complaints in general.
Allen, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Seems to be an older hotel. Room was average, furnishings worn with age. The bathroom was not clean, toilet had not been flushed from previous guest. Staff are pleasant but there are many newer choices in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business