“Not the best Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44
Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Collierville, Tennessee
“Not the best Embassy Suites”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The top floor used to be a smoking floor. The rooms smelled horrible. Our bathroom had some sort of maybe electrical problem that produced a searing hot spot on the floor that had us worried about a potential fire or burning the kid's feet. NOT family friendly at all! The manager at the evening reception incessantly yelled at any children who dared to approach some tiles surrounding the bar which was the only source of children's drinks. He also threatened the children and their parents with jail. I booked this place for mine and another family against the recommendations of the local family we were visiting. I was completely embarrassed. The hotel has a nice remodeled appearance, but they need some work in quite a few areas.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jdog1998
Ken M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello,

I want to first apologize for the issues during your stay. I assure you that your concerns have been addressed with my management team, so we do not have the same challenges in the future.

Ken Morgan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Rolla, Missouri
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel has THE best customer service I have experienced in awhile. We were always greeted when an employee saw us and everything was VERY clean.

The food and beverage Manager Danny was on top of everything during the evening and everyone at the breakfast was exceptional. The omelets were fantastic.

We had an issue with one of the rooms and Tiffany was MORE than helpful in getting the problem rectified. She was so accommodating, we saw her off duty and wanted to know how everything was and wanted to make sure we were happy. She even recommended a "local" restaurant for us to eat and it did not disappoint.

I own a business and I know customer service is top priority... Well, let me tell y'all Embassy Suites in Tulsa has it nailed.. Thank you for a great stay. "Fast Eddy" is a hoot too.. What a great staff!!

If I had to make recommendations, The water from the showers goes EVERYWHERE!!! Just need extra towels to sop up the floor or rework the shower door.

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms opposite of the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ken M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We take great pride in providing the best in way of quality and service, so I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We truly look forward to seeing you again.

wichita, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Take your sloppy slippers. And that bathrobe your wife hates. Someone will always be there to greet you when you arrive. Cook breakfast fit for a King or Queen. Tell you where to have the best time.. and has a place to eat dinner that is second to none.. No I am not talking about home.. I am talking about Embassy Suites...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Overall very comfortable. Free happy hour and excellent free breakfast with cook-to order omlets. Beds are comfortable. Rooms are clean. I feel secure. Room temp is OK, but heat controls don't change it much.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ken M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hello and thank you for your review. We take great pride in delivering the best in way of service and quality, so I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

General manager
Tulsa
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I checked in at 230ish on 3/22/14, went to the room, had to call the desk because the original room we had the light bulbs were out, shower head fixture was hanging off the wall, stains on the floor and wall the room was horrible. I had to go back to the desk to get a key to another room and move all our things to another room. We get the other room and the room not only was outdated it was hot, I thought maybe because the air conditioner was off. I look at the thermostat that was not secured to the wall, and tried adjusting the air, the thermostat button would not move due to it being broken, I call the front desk again and let them know the air conditioner is not working. They said they will have maintenance come by to fix it. 30 minutes later I call the front desk back, They did not even know that maintenance was not there yet. Then maintenance came by a few seconds later. Maintenance stated he had to fix a fuse. We left shortly after that for a birthday party so we did not get to stay long enough to see if the air conditioner was working. When we got back, to the hotel, I had family come with us to help move things from my car to the room, we were going to go to the CATTLE REASTURANT after we got things moved to the room with our family. The front desk worker who was a younger lady with short almost buzz cut hair do. jumped down my throat threatening me that we would get evicted if we did not have my family leave. The front desk clerk kept saying we were having a party, I tried explaining that they were helping me move our things to the room and then we were going to the restaurant, but she kept saying we were having a party. I went up stairs with a few of the people that was there to help me and when we made it to the room the room was swampy feeling the air conditioner still did not work. I was getting ready to call downstairs when one of the family members came to the room and said that I needed to go to the front desk. I went to the front desk and because one of the my family members attempted to purchase a SODA from the Embassy concession. The front clerk started yelling at them. I went down to the front desk and told them I want a refund due to the horrible experience I had with the facility and the staff. Your front desk clerk not sure of her name but she was an older caucasian lady even tried lying stating that I did not advise them of the issue with the air conditioner. Long story short they gave me a full refund. I went to the Crowne Plaza was able to get 2 very excellent rooms that was twice the size of the so called suite at Embassy and cheaper the money I saved there I was able to order a movie playing in theaters now, and breakfast. Not only did you loose money for the hotel and concession, the restaurant also lost money. Your staff should be happy that this review is the only complaint I had, because one of my family members who is experienced with public safety almost contacted the Fire Marshall to report that the pool and the pool area was over capacity.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Scott B, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. It is unfortunate that you did not have an excellent stay with us, and for that, please accept my apologies.
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed at Embassy suites all over the country and this one was sub-par for their quality and service. Pool was dirty and closed for draining, breakfast buffet was over crowded and slow for food, and the thermostat only blew cold air no matter what it was set on.

1 Thank Adam A
Thank you for your review. We are excited to understand the views of our guests as we are continuously in the process of making changes to update our product and service. We have implemented some changes to better manage the children on the weekends (since your stay in February). In addition to additional management to assist during peak times, a curfew is now in place for children under eighteen and some new policies to help keep the pool cleaner. I regret that your air conditioning unit was not repaired during your stay. Please accept my apologies.
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I personally love this hotel! We have stayed with this hotel for our stays in Tulsa for at least 15 years! The service is utmost and I definitely would recommend it to anyone! The breakfast is such a welcoming touch to a tiring stay! You can never compare it to a continental breakfast! The cleanliness is something I expect and it meets my high expectations each and every time! I will always stay at the Embassy suites hotel and rest assured my comfort will be attained always! Thank you!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your excellent comments. The Embassy Suites is very proud of its excellent service and we are glad that your experience reflected this. Our fitness center is designed for people of varying enthusiasm; I am happy to hear we exceeded your needs.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip to our beautiful city.