“Great Stop. Clean large suites, nice decor and Amazing Restaurant.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 25 January 2009

The hotel is very clean and hotel staff friendly and accomodating. Modern in appearance with large glass elevators overlooking the courtyard set-up. Pool area and restaurant are separated by large open concept garden style reception area. Rooms/suites, are very large and modern decor. Beds are super comfortable, pillow-top. The living room is separated from the bedroom area. Large flat screen T.V.'s in both areas. Very comfortable and roomy.

There is a pool, jacuzzi and excercise room. We stayed on a weekend, it was very busy. The on-site Security was doing an amazing job at making sure the children were respectful to other guests. As of 9:30p.m. not a noise, very quiet.

We had dinner at Cattlemens. The food and service was incredible. Aged Omaha thick cut Steaks that cut like butter and seasoned to perfection with Chef sides. In fact, this restaurant is rated as one of the must eat at places in Tulsa. Free breakfast buffet in the morning and made to order Omlettes starting at 7a.m. Great stay in Tulsa.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44

Reviewed 14 December 2008

States it is just redecorated, it is very brown. While I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn this seems to be the level I would expect. Front desk staff is anything except what you would expect from a Hilton family hotel. There were not rude, just not at all professional. There was a lot of visible security so I assume there was a reason for it. The pool is adjacent to lobby so while you are dining you will see the occasional wet hairy back walk by the restaurant. This hotel is very noisy. They do have two nice flat screen TVs in the rooms but the channel selection is very limited. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2008

We have stayed in embassy suites before and they did not disappoint. Comfortable rooms, excellent ameneties. Free internet access would be better.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2008

This Embassy Suites is an older property that is in the midst of renovation. It is at the intersection of two major freeways, there was some road noise but it did not disturb me. It is in the midst of a lot of low end hotels. My stay reminded me of that old Hertz commercial about being "not quite as good". There was lots of construction going on - sandblasting tiles that caused lots of dust. The pool, business center and exercise room were still closed. My 8th floor room was partly renovated. My colleague's room on the 5th floor was not. In my room, the new sink counters, and walk-in (no-tub) shower were great. The bed was excellent (with foam and feather pillows - something unusual for Embassy Suites). The carpet was new. The furniture and TV were not replaced yet. The wall still had bolts where pictures used to be. The clock on the microwave didn't work - never tried the microwave. And the toilet roll holder was missing. After 5 days, you would think the housekeeping staff would replace it rather than put the toilet paper on the back of the toilet, but they didn't. The staff were poor on check in, but excellent on check-out. The breakfast was better than normal for ES, the evening reception was below average for ES. During the evening reception, the nacho cheese dispenser malfunctioned. The guests had to fix it because the staff did not know how. This shows a lot of little things that did not go well. I would probably return after renovations and given them another try, but I would probably stay at the Courtyard next door if I had to return before the renovations were done.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 23 April 2008

I was at the hotel from April 14 - 18. On Hilton's website it mentioned that the pool and fitness room was being remodeled. No big deal for me, but when I checked in I found out that the whole hotel was under construction. Floors 4, 5, & 6 were all blocked off. The noise was incredible in my room.

When I got to my room, no refrigerator or toilet paper holder and both t.v.'s were on the outs. Breakfast was due to open at 6:00 a.m. every morning. On that Wednesday, I arrived around 6:15 and breakfast wasn't put out until 6:30. (It's nice too see they can keep on schedule.)

The G.M. did try to make amends, but a couple of waters and chocolate really don't matter, do they?

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2008

We had a horrible stay at the Embassy Suites in Tulsa. Not at all what I have come to expect from Embassy Suites. Our rooms were overtly dirty and the management staff was completely unsympathetic. Children ran up and down the hallways screaming on the weekends. I would not recommend it and would never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 12 January 2008

I had to fight the cook to give me tomatos on my omlet. I like extra tomatos. I love the free omletts in the morning. its one of the biggest reasons that I stay at embassy suites.
the cooks name was micheal. the first morning I asked for tripple extra tomatos. he said "whoa... we better go light on thoes, we are running short". i was very let down my this. I thought "if you dont have any tomatoes, then send someone to go buy some". but I left it alone.
Then the nest day I came down stairs ready for my tasty tomato omlett. guess what.......THEY ONLY SERVE HAM AND CHEESE ON THE WEEKENDS!!!!!!! what the heck is that???????
That is definatly NOT like any embassy suits I have ever stayed at. I told him this and he just said that it was pollicy. I thought that it was a bunch of garbage. here I am spending a TON of money (18 days) and getting promised by the sign behind teh cook to have "the best omlett in the world cooked MY WAY" and this guy now wont put ANY tomatos in it.
I went and got some other food and descided to not have a omlett on the weekends.
I was there for 18 days. I avoided michael when he was working because I didnt want the confrontation.
but then on the third to last day I braved it. I tried to score kudos with the guy by trying to chit chat as he was making my omlette. It had a sufficient amount of tomatoes but not like I would have wanted them. (keep in mind that when I would ask, I would say that I wanted "four times normal tomatoes" and I would watch disappointed as he lightly sprinkled less than normal amount on.)
This happened teh 2nd to last day as well. (as a foot note, on this day a guy behind me asked for a sausage ommlete. michael said no at first because that was not on the menu, but then changed his mind and went out to the bar and brought the guy back some sausage for his ommlette. (this bugged me as well that I wouldnt get my tomatos and he would get his sausage.).
The last day I had had it. I asked for the extra tomatos and michael was skimpy again. He knew me by this point because we had chit chatted on several ocations. I got angry and asked to speak to the manager (how redicoulous is it to have to speak to a manager to get an omelette made the way you want it when the sign behind the chef promises "omlettes made your way") So now its a big uncomfortable mess but screw it, Im sick of it at this point. I am spending close to $2000 at this hotel, and I want my darn tomatoes.

So I go to the manager, walk him over to michael, point to the sign, tell him the situation and say "will you please tell this guy to put some tomatoes im my omlete".

it was a big uncomfortable scene that i really did not care for.

thankfully the manager did so, and Michael apologized afterward.

I was told by other members of the staff that michael just dosent like to prep out the food. they were apparantly happy that i had made a fuss to the manager because they had said the same things to the manager before but it had fallen on deff ears.

The hotel was old, but I am not going to complain about that. the other staff were very friendly.

Although I will say that 4 times I had requested 6 towels be brought to the room daily. this never happened so we were almost always short on towels.

also out of the 18 nights I stayed there, our room was not cleaned 4 of them. we never hung a do not disturb sign up. and we were always out working during the day. they just skipped us a bunch.

so over all, it was ok, but after michael, I was really not happy.

isnt it funny how one employee, with a bad attitude can can leave such a bad taste in your mouth?

I know it sounds trivial, I know it sounds silly. But the reason I stay at embassy is for the atrium and the breakfast in the morning.
To me it is important.

So to all you tomato lovers out there.... STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

If you hate tomatos and omletts cooked "your way", you will probably love this place.

• Stayed: December 2007