“Not bad For The Money.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #88 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
San Antonio, Texas
“Not bad For The Money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at this motel for 4 nights while my truck was at the International dealer across the street for repairs. It's obvious that this was originally a Holiday Inn before it became a Ramada Inn, then eventually a Motel 6.

The rooms are decent but as with most any Motel 6, they're very basic. The absence of a refrigerator and microwave in my particular room presented a need to eat out more than I wanted to, not to mention I had to use the ice bucket to keep one of my medications at the right temperature. The beds are comfortable but the outdated TV needs to go.

The indoor pool and fitness center are not too bad from what I can tell.

The on-site bar and grill is only open in the evening most of the time and has a very basic menu but the food is decent.

When I needed something fixed, their maintenance guy was right on it!

I would stay here again if I needed to but I can see where this place has the HUGE potential to be resurrected to what it was in its 'glory days' and rebranded under a higher end name.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one on the exterior.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TXAgitator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Wifi advertised is a joke since we cannot connect with our smartphones. So we used the business center to print out info we need from the web and had to pay for each piece of paper we printed on. Also bring your own shampoo, conditioner and lotion as these are not provided. Front desk is poorly manned as no one is there on a regular basis if you are handicapped, do not stay here as the rooms are not handicapped accessible.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear SacFoodie,
We sincerely apologize for the wifi connection issues you experienced during your stay. As an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value and comfort for the lowest price of any national chain. We take your feedback seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

While checking in the tweaker workin the front desk was just a mess, running from phone to phone panting like a dog. Pool was dirty, grille was never open and the front desk was never of any help. The room smelled like an ashtray and had a dry pile of dog poop on the bathroom floor when we walked in. Asked for house keeping 3 times and they never came the whole 2 days we stayed. We were denied extra towels, a microwave & mini fridge and the wifi was slower than normal cell data. Eventually had to break into linen closet to get trash bags, toilet paper, and towels and clean the room myself. Tried to speak with the owner to make a complaint and was told to "Call tomorrow." Still haven't heard back from him. Will never come back here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Very large comfortable room. Had to request microwave and refrigerator but was in the room by the time I got there. Loveseat sleeper sofa bed was comfortable sitting. Internet was a little sporadic, I think due to heavy volumn. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bar and Grill accessible from hotel lobby with good food.

• Stayed June 2013
Rolla, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is your average Motel 6. Nothing fancy, but a nice clean/comfortable bed. My stay here was brief and all I was needing was just that. I booked the hotel online so I received a discount. The rate before tax was $45.00 The location is right off the highway.

I had spoke to a local and he stated the neighborhood was not the best, however, I did not find it to be that way. The parking lot was well lit, so that makes the feeling of being safe better.

Room Tip: The pool looked busy late. I'd ask for a room away from there.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
pittsburg, oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

We booked the room before reading the reviews, so we were a little worried after reading them. To our surprise the staff was very polite, friendly and helpfull. The room was clean and comfortable. The only fault we found was the pool area need attending to. Other than that our 2 night stay was very pleasent , and for what we paid we couldn't complain much, we usually stay at Mariots and this hotel was fine with us.

• Stayed September 2012
Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

For the price you shouldn't expect much, I realize that, but courtesy is one of the things you should get when you are paying any price for any service. Don't believe the ads on the website as I was informed "they are not completely deceiving", when I asked where the breakfast was being served, as it advertised they had a complimentary breakfast. The front desk help, upon checking in, was polite and helpful, made accommodations to put three rooms close together if possible. The lady was clearly training to learn how to run the room key coder and the man seemed rather impatient with her progress, but again were polite to us. The room wasn't sparkling and the shower was hard to get working, there was no hair dryer, coffee pot or iron as advertised, Lots of questionable looking people that appeared to live on site. Next time I know to pay a little more for amenities. BUT a smile can go along way in customer service, and being polite & respectful to your employees (including spouses) in front of guests and to guests is the best practice of business.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family