“Really enjoyed our stay”

Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills
Ranked #30 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We attended a convention at this hotel for the weekend. It was so nice to be picked up from the airport by their shuttle and also learning that the shuttle would take us anywhere within a five mile radius of the hotel. Charles, the shuttle driver, was excellent, prompt and informative about Tulsa. Our room was very clean, spacious, had a refrigerator that was actually cold, coffeemaker and good quality shampoo and conditioner. This hotel is located within walking distance of some chain restaurants but we took advantage of the shuttle service since there are some really good restaurants within the five mile radius. We would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for the kudos. Many of our staff have been with us for a long time and pride themselves on attention to detail. Again thanks, we will pass it on to Charles. Best Regards, Joe Gaudet, GM

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Spent two nights here this past weekend. We enjoyed our stay. This is 'full Mariott' quality. It has an adequate pool area and very nice fitness center. It also has a Starbucks on-site, which I love. The room was on the small side, particularly the bathroom, which is why I rate this hotel 'very good' rather than 'excellent'. The room was nice and clean, which is always my first priority in a hotel. If I were to return to the area, I would definitely consider another stay.

Room Tip: Pool and fitness center are located on the third floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Good Afternoon, Thanks for the review. We love to hear it all - and genuinely care for your well being when with us. All the best, Joe Gaudet, GM

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 8 nights while in Tulsa on business. Very convenient location. Lots of restaurants on 71st Street. The mall is close by. Enjoyed the stay. I would definitely stay here again. Pleasant staff. Shuttle to and from the airport if you need a ride.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thanks for the kind words. We genuinely care about your stay with us and love to hear your comments. Best Regards, Joe Gaudet, GM

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This is an excellent property. Very nice common area and rooms. Good location with lots of available parking. There are many restaurant options in the are near the hotel. The property is well maintained and quite clean. All of the staff were courteous and very helpful though out our stay. The complementary breakfast is the best we have had at any hotel property. The breakfast buffet included fruits, breads, pastries, oatmeal, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, potatoes, omelette station, and waffles. They even accommodated our large group by allowing us to use a side room to dine together and free up regular tables for other customers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

We get lots of sports teams stay with us and we love to hear when you enjoy it. Thanks for the thumps up. I will pass it on to my staff. Good for morale. Thank you and warm regards, Joe Gaudet, General Manager

Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

First the good/very good: I stayed here on business for 2 nights. I'm a Platinum Elite rewards member so I always expect/llook for a good value and experience for my business so the hotel delivered on great price for room, great location, cleanliness and courtesy/service from staff. Parking is also easy to get in/out and free which is great as some hotels nickel and dime you about parking and/or it's a hassle to park/get to your room, etc.

Now the not so good: the A/C- Heating thermostat did NOT work! It was a hassle and annoying because the room was either too cold or too hot and the unit kept overshooting air and I couldn't even turn it off. I finally called for service and they sent some technician who didn't really fix it completely. Somehow the room was a little bit better when I got back to hotel on secon day but I was just too exhausted from work to bother calling again. Overall, I think the good items overall made my experience OK but you can't get 5 stars rating(excellent) when the a/c heating in rooms are not in great shape. However, I'm willing to give it one more try on the next time I'm in Tulsa.

By the way, the Front Service desk agent offered me 1k points to compensate somehow for my "trouble". I told her I'd take the points and it was a nice gesture but I'd prefer a comfortable room anytime over the hassle of having to complaint.

• Stayed: April 2013

Good Morning, Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay. We enjoy the positive comments and we appreciate your sharing the issues with the room temps. I apologize for that inconvenience and have relayed the issues to my maintenance and rooms staff so we can be on the lookout for rooms that may need attention to the HVAC. Again, we appreciate your input and will react appropriately. Kind regards, Joe Gaudet, General Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Recently stayed at Marriott Southern Hills. Stay there a few times a year when I am in town. I had an issue with my bill and the accounting folks fixed it quickly and called me to let me know when it was fixed. I've been to other hotels and when there are issues like to you have to call several times to get it fixed. Nice to know that when there's a problem, it gets fixed correctly and quickly. Also, I was on a quiet floor. That was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thanks for the kind words. We love to hear from our guests about their visits. Warm regards, Joe Gaudet, GM

Reviewed 17 April 2013

When you have an entire soccer team of 13 year old athletes you do not know what to expect. However, the hotel complex offered the team a private area for a nutritious breakfast at 6:15 AM for early scheduled games, and an area to to have dinner after the events. The kids were able to use a large indoor pool, and weight and fitness center. The adults used a sauna. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. The area adjacent to the hotel had a full range of restaurants and a movie complex with IMAX..Everyone expressed at check out that they had a great time at the hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms for the team were quiet. on the 3rd and 4th floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thanks for the kind words. Our staff genuinely cares you are satisfied when here and its great to get recognition for it. Kind regards, Joe Gaudet, GM