“Terrible Marriott - poor experience”

Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills
Ranked #30 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Los Angeles, California
“Terrible Marriott - poor experience”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I tried, I have stayed there 6 times over the last 6-8 months for 3-4 nights each stay. Terrible treatment and respect for Platinum Elite, rooms not available at 4 PM and poor people skills at the desk. The gift shop is closed more than it is open. It really is a shame as the hotel location and condition is great. Perhaps all they need to do is get new staff to bring it up to Marriott standards. I have spent over 1200 nights in my life at Marriott properties world wide, and I suggest don't walk run from it. About 3-5 miles away is a Marriott Renaissance, corner of 169 and 107th place. Can't say enough about how great the service, attention to detail and customer experience is.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sossales
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear SOS Sales. ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills.

It sounds from your comments that your stay was frustrating. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, it sounds we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We will research the issues you mention and respond appropriately, notifying our staff to make corrections where we see a need.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Joe Gaudet, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Altus, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've overnighted at this hotel every January for the last five years. They have struggled with some renovations over the last couple of years, but overall it is a very nice hotel. I have always found the staff to be helpful and attentive to my needs. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant downstairs serves an excellent omelet to order in the morning. Very satisfied.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Good Morning and thank you for the kind words. We love to hear it.

Kind regards,

Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2014

From the moment I have checked in, this hotel has let me down! Empty promises, I was hyped about a club level experience, well there was no club level as staff said it was closed on Fri-Sun under Managers discretion, (while hotel is full for a Confernce) next front desk offered a free breakfast for Club level in main dining room, well, that is not true, next we were promised other club level features at other bars like coffee and water and sodas, nothing was included and further the front desk staff have this option and then took it away.

I feel this Marriott is older and so they don't feel the need to follow Marriott rewards traditions and thy don't value there guests, this hotel has consistently let me down.

Most of the guest areas are ridiculously warm, and have a very musty odor, because they don't put the AC on, clearly this is a sign of the hotel in a budget crisis.

The success and failure of any hotel is purely the responsibility and fault of the Manager, and clearly this management needs to be audited for Marriott Guidelines, and if they choose then not follow, Marriott should debrand this location and/or fine the hotel for its lack of noncompliance.

I went as far as ordered room service and that came out cold!
Again, this hotel is proof that everything is failing!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Travpro123
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Good Afternoon,

When you checked in you asked for a free Concierge room upgrade. My Manager on Duty was kind enough to provide this to you in an effort to be kind. When you realized the Concierge lounge is closed on weekends, you asked for free drinks and free breakfast from the desk staff. When they politely explained that drinks and breakfast was not included in your rate, you chose to go on a rant. We value your business but short of providing free food and drink that others pay for, my staff was unsure how to satisfy your demands. We pray you one day find peace.

Kind regards,

Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here for one Friday night. We booked online and when we got there the check in process was very quick and easy. Our room, on the 11th floor, had a very nice floor to ceiling windows with a nice view of Oral Roberts' campus. Our bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was nice and clean. I really enjoyed the room and the view! We didn't take advantage of the breakfast but we were told of it as we checked in. We were very happy with our stay and would definitely consider staying here in the future!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon and Happy Easter, Thank you for the kind words. We love to hear them.

Eagle, Nebraska
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was my third time staying here, this last time I noticed that they started charging for the in room bottled water, over 3 bucks for one bottle!! Talk about squeezing every penny out of the guests. Lot's of hall noise and adjacement room noise. I requested a top floor and King bed, but didn't get either, I am a platinum member, so I thought that was a no brainer. Bed was comfy though.

The hotel needs to tighten up on customer service, although not likely unless your a large group.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Good Afternoon,

Bottled water is free in our Concierge lounge along with coffee and a variety of other food and drink offerings for our Platinum level guests.

joe.gaudet@marriott.com
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stay at this hotel frequently since our daughter goes to school in Tulsa. We always liked it there. We thought the beds were comfortable, it was clean and it had a nice pool/jacuzzi. It was farther away from campus but we felt it was worth the drive. The last few times we have been there things have slowly deteriorated. Our room was dirty. The hotel was overrun on the first night with a large group of little girls for a dance competition that were running down halls and squealing. I don't hold the hotel responsible for that. However after walking down to the pool and seeing the mob scene, we didn't even try and went back to our room. We had no hot water to even take showers. They used to have free internet but they took that away.They used to put complementary bottles of water in your room since the tap water is so bad. Now they charge $3 per bottle. Over the last few years, the cost of the hotel has gone up and the service has gone down. I called the night manage to complain about several other issues we had. She was very nice but didn't really over any solutions. She slid a note under our door the next day offering us free dinner or desert. We didn't take her up on her offer. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank melshad618
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Greetings,

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was here for a convention. My room was clean, neat, comfy bed. However, the toilet kept running on and off all night and the A/C said 63, but it was very warm in the room. I ended up sleeping on top of the sheets the first night. However, when I brought this up to the attention of the front desk, these issues were addressed by time I retired for the night. They had a lot of meeting space, which either you were hot or freezing depending on what part of the building you were in. The worst service was the hotel restaurant. My co-workers & I were working a booth & decided to grab lunch at the hotel. That was a big mistake. We were seated right away, but then no service, the restaurant nearly empty. They had one lone waitress who seem very flustered. When we did finally get our food, she got one of the orders wrong. My co-worker excepted it anyway, since this was taking far too long that we planned. Slow service also was at the Starbucks at the facility. Very disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business