“A very accommodating accommodation”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa Central
Ranked #25 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
“A very accommodating accommodation”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My family booked this hotel for an overnight stay in preparation for an early airport trip. We arrived early and needed a roll away for our 12 year old. Not only were we accommodated, but the manager on duty found us a better room than the one we originally had, we wound up not needing the roll away and had plenty of room and enjoyed our evening resting up before our 11 hour flight.
It isn't the most modern or new hotel around, but the service and personal attention was off the charts.
I would recommend it to my friends and would stay here again.
Kelsey, at the front desk, was wonderful and Debbie, the front desk manager, went above and beyond what we expected.

Stayed May 2014
Cheyenne W, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa Central, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We are very glad that your stay here at La'Quinta Inn and Suites was wounderful! We greatly appriciate your review and we look forward to your future travels with us! Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My family stayed for 3 nights and 4 days and during our stay housekeeping only came by once, we had to set all of our towels and trash outside the door. We had to leave the room when they cleaned it. We have a 10 month old and 18 month old. On May 17, 2014 in the afternoon, I, was taking the stairs, with my family. When I had stepped on the last step, my foot slipped on the wet floor at the bottom of the stairs. Myself and my daughter, whom I was holding, EmmaLee, slipped and fell at the bottom of the stairs. There were no wet floor signs, the rug was rolled up by the door and the door leading to where the elevator was, was open. One of the housekeepers saw me fall (she was cleaning the glass door by the soda machine) and not once came to check on me or my daughter, whom is 18 months old. I was not able to get up due to the pain in my right ankle. It started swelling up and I couldn't even stand on it. I fell on my left arm to protect my daughter from harm. My fiance was able to finally help me up and we limped to the front desk. I couldn't stand and wait on front desk so I sat on the couch and my fiance talked to the front desk lady, Kelsey. She not once am over to me and ask me how I was. She didn't write up a report or ask for any of my information. As, I was trying to get back up to my room she then talked to me and still not once asked my information or anything else. I had to go back to my room and stay in there all day. I was planning on going to the Zoo but was not able to due to not being able to walk. My ankle is still swollen and sore to this day May 24th, 2014. I witnessed my fiance and daughter fall on the stairs at your hotel on May 17, 2014. My fiance is pregnant and was not able to do anything but ice her ankle in our room, during our stay. When she did get up she was in pain and barely made it around. She had to keep her shoe unlaced to ware it and I had to help her put them on. May 18th, 2014, I, Johnathon, went down to talk to the manager, Kelsey, said she had just got off the phone with her and I just missed the manager. Kelsey called the manager, Debbie and she first apologized saying she just now found out about my fiance falling. Then she wanted what happened so I told her. She said, well I am going to have to look into this further. I told her to call me or my fiance back. She said she was going to call me back that night. Kelsey, said she left a note on the table about my fiance falling, cause she couldn't find the incident reports paperwork and she guesses someone threw the note away. Kelsey tried to fill out the report after 10 minutes or so of her looking for the paperwork to fill out. She kept saying she didn't know how to fill it out and I walked away because she didn't know how to fill it out and I had to go back to our room to take care of my fiance and our babies. The manager, Debbie never called me or my fiance back. My fiance called La Quinta and talked to Debbie on May 23rd, 2014. No one called us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jacqlyn R
Kingfisher, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were in Tulsa for the high school regional track meet. Always try to use LQ and this one didn't disappoint. Front desk were wonderful people. Check in was a breeze and the room was clean and spacious. Although breakfast area was a little crowded because of teams being there, the staff kept things stocked and well maintained. Overall a nice, pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Columbus, Nebraska, USA
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a block of rooms for a family wedding. The only problems we experienced included messed up reservations, duplicate reservations, forgotten reservations, duplication of bills, billing the wrong credit cards (twice), and overbooking of rooms all the way around. Then they didn't have all the breakfast food we were told about when choosing our hotel for the block of rooms...I refer to that as lying to us. The pool was only half filled...either it's available, or not. Don't make it a drowning hazard. Overall the worst hotel stay I've encountered that was due to the staff and management. Just don't go to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Roger D
Midland, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

AC unit kept us awake when compressor kicked in. Bed lumpy. Elevator broke down and staff was nonchalant when it was reported. Will not stay at this property again. Check-in was very good. Young lady pleasant, cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Steve S
Cheyenne W, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa Central, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We appologize that your stay was not pleasent. It is our goal here at La'Quinta Inn and Suites Tulsa Central to accommodate our guest with the best quality of guest service and comfortablity as possible. We hope that if your travels return you to the Tulsa are, you give our hotel another chance at providing you with the service you deserve.
Raumati Beach, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We choose this place because it was such a good deal. When we eventually arrived (it is hard to find) the staff were ultra friendly. The Inn is closer some good eating and drinking and the rooms are roomy, clean, and pleasant. The manager is Aussie, but learned his trade in New Zealand. He employs a kiwi staff member. This team has the friendliest staff I have come across on my trip.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Wayland
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This LaQuinta is average for appearance, but clean. Upon arrival in the evening the room was difficult to get to because of 2 cleaning carts in the halls and had to wait for housekeeping to move them to navigate the hall. Had to step over cords and walk on wet floors. Ok for the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We appologize that your experience was not as you had hoped for. It is our goal to provide our guest with the satisfaction that you well deserve. We hope that if your travels return you to the Tulsa area, that you will give our facility another try! We look forward to seeing you in the future!