“Pleasant Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Vinita
Reviewed 2 April 2014

After reading the reviews on this hotel, it was with trepidation that I made our reservations. I have to say, however, I’m glad I did. Our check-in was quick and dynamic! The lady at the front desk was super friendly and outgoing, even the room cleaning staff looked happy to see me as I walked down the hall. The room was nicely decorated and felt clean … I examined EVERYTHING, and nothing seemed dirty or out of place. I enjoyed the channel selection, slept well on a comfortable bed with soft pillows. The Wi-Fi was quick and reliable, I didn’t lose connection once! YAY! My only issue was the coffee pot didn’t work, but since this was a one night stay, it wasn’t an issue. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for giving us a try and surveying your stay as well. We appreciate all surveys good or bad they give insight to how we are doing. I am truly thankful you gave us a try. We look forward to having you stay next time you're in our area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were driving back from Niagara Falls to Irving, TX. Since we do not drive at night, my wife noticed the Holiday Inn Express Suites in Vinita. I have not stayed in a Priority Club hotel in many years but decide to give this a try. We were met at the service desk by a young blonde lady. The check-in process was very smooth and the hotel appeared clean enough for us to stay the night since it was almost dark outside. We settled in the room and were getting ready to go to bed for the night when my wife made a sound that got my attention. She happened to pull back the blankets and top sheet and noticed human hair through out the bottom sheet. She also indicated upon arrival in the bathroom there was human hair. I called the front desk and the young blonde answer and attempted to accommodate us by moving us to another room (113). I advised my wife to inspect this room, especially the bedding. She pulled back the sheets and again found human hair all over the bottom sheet. My wife requested the blonde lady to accompany her to the room and she witnessed the hair on the bottom sheet and apologized somewhat by stating she is not responsible for housekeeping cleaning the rooms. It is now 11PM, we returned the keys and left this hotel perplexed and disgusted. My wife as we were driving down the highway indicated the blonde lady offered an executive suite but we lost complete confidence the bedding in this room would be clean. Our original room was 219 and the offered room was 113. Both rooms appeared as if the bedding was not changed nor the room was clean, With all the germs going around these days I feel it is my obligation to warn perspective guest to check the bedding in all hotels and motels and beware of this hotel when traveling. We did find a place to stay at the Comfort Suites that night (around midnight) on the out skirts of Tulsa the bedding was clean upon my wife's inspection. Our word of advice is to pack your own bedding and pillows in the event you run into a similar situation. I hope this post is helpful to other travelers. My wife and I had a real eye opener based on this experience after traveling this country and staying at hotels for many years.

Room Tip: Check bedding before committing to stay at any hotel or motel. This is a lesson my wife I learned...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Our front desk clerk immediately advised managers of this tragic experience. Words of apology, I know seem mute, but collective the hotel staff is sincerely sorry. We do appreciate you taking time to review our hotel, although we fell well below your expectations. Please know that we take travelers opinion serious and actions were taken to address these issues at every level immediately.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Pros:
- Great water pressure in the shower
- Good TV channels
- Comfortable bed and comfy pillows
- Full length mirror
- Plenty of outlets
- (Indoor) Pool and hottub (didn't get in, but it's there and no one was ever in it)
- Normal hangers and hangers with clips
- Ironing board and iron
- Workout room with 2 older treadmills, a bike, filtered water jug, towels, large tv, and air conditioner you could control (i think, i never turned it on)
- Breakfast included: bagels, yogurt, biscuits/gravy, cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, sausage, occasional fruit, cereal

Cons:
- Internet is awful on both the wireless and hooked up to an in-room ethernet (that you have to request)
- Toilet would start running loudly off and on
- The outlets didn't work in the bathroom on my last day even after I tried to reset them. An outlet in the room surged my blow drier and burnt the wires up even though my blow drier seemed to be running slowly because of the outlet. (You'd think the outlet would be giving too much power and then a surge would happen, not providing less power and then causing a surge)

Not a con, but could Improve:
- Breakfast could have more low-cal options (fresher fruit, low-fat cream cheese for bagels, light yogurt like Dannon light and fit) and more cereal options like maybe one of those turnstiles with individual boxes of cereal
- Work out room could replace one of the treadmills with an eliptical and add a few free weights.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our property; I sincerely apologize for the internet issues you experienced while staying with us; we have been working with our vendor to evaluate infrastructure. I also apologize for the issue you had with outlet in your room, I have addressed with maintenance this report. I am happy to report you will be seeing at Holiday Inn Express new breakfast items this spring that address guests desire for more healthy items, we took look forward to continuing to be the breakfast that guest love.

Respectfully,
Julie

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I live in California and my daughter lives in Oklahoma. My grandson was turning 7 and wanted to swim. I made reservation at the hotel and we invited his buddy to stay with us also. That is all he wanted for his birthday. When we arrived the pool was not very warm and the spa was not working. The room also did not have a refrig or microwave and I'm use to that in California. When they found out how disappointed my grandson was they rushed to make the pool warmer and had the spa working within a few hours. Julie Shreve the manager was very helpful with this. Delana Muns made sure we had the microwave and refrig also. They were perfect hosts and made our trip great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

We truly appreciate your kind remarks and thanks for remembering staff by name; we like to pass on rewards to them when recognized as well. We are happy that tho things seemed less at arrival all your needs were met in a timely manner and you were able to enjoy the birthday boy and his birthday request as planned. Hope we see you again next year if not before.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Hotel was clean, service was prompt and professional, yet friendly. Rooms are arranged nice and comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. Enough choices to give a variety but not be confusing. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreicate your kind words and look forward to having stop by next time you're in the neighborhood

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Traveling from Minnesota to Texas. Missed the Miami, OK exit at end of day and checked out this hotel. Late night reception lady was great. She even stayed a little longer since the overnight person was ready to start. Great fun helpful and personable. Helped me find my IGH number for points. Room was fine, quiet, clean and comfortable. In the morning, breakfast was fair but staff working were warm and friendly.

Stayed: December 2013
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Sorry you missed your exit but Glad and Proud we were here just a few short miles down the road to be of service to you. I am very proud of the staff members who help make your stay more enjoyable, I like to pass praise on to them. We hope when your travels bring you through this way again, you'll stop back as a regular and get to know all of us.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The rooms do not have adequate sound insulation, so there is no privacy. They told me that I would have to rent a suite as those are the only ones that come with a refrigerator and microwave. They were not helpful in helping me with my IHG rewards program. I understood why later when I found that Holiday Inn would only give me a 1000 points for staying at their hotels for 37 days in the past year. Their rewards program is a scam for suckers.

I stopped staying there and went to a different hotel (Super 8 in Big Cabin) after deleting my future reservation. I told the company where I worked not to schedule me to stay there in the future. I will not be staying at Holiday Inns in the future

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ecrtr
Hie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

I am sad to be answering this review; As manager we love our regulars and usually our benefits of clean rooms, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, and more than likely even special rate given to our repeat visitors creates a better experience for the traveler. Our IHG rewards customers are some of most favored. However, there are times that companies value lower non IHG rewards rates over paying the qualifying rate to get IHG reward points for their employees in the fields. We respect that decision from operations standpoint. We do our best to make every guest feel they are special when they spend time at our property. It is true that only our suites offer the larger rooms with refrigerators and microwaves but they are very reasonably inexpensive in comparison to our standard room. Most companies who have travelers with those needs readily agree to the small increase.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vinita
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami
#6 of 8 in Miami
WorldMark Grand Lake
WorldMark Grand Lake
#1 of 1 in Afton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita? Share your experiences!