“Very disappointed...not worth the trip”
Review of Libby's Kitchen

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Washington
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Moore, Oklahoma
“Very disappointed...not worth the trip”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Our recent experiences with Libby's Kitchen have not been positive. About six weeks ago, we stopped only to find the place closed. OK, we thought...it's the Labor Day weekend and they deserve some time off, too. We'll stop another time.

That "time" was today. We made a special trip for my wife to have fried catfish in celebration of an upcoming birthday. Rather than settle for a chain restaurant, we went to Libby's because it is known for some of the best fried catfish in central Oklahoma.

They usually serve ample portions, so my wife ordered a small plate of catfish. I ordered a 6 ounce sirloin steak. Service time was a bit on the long side, but reasonable. Portion sizes were fine. Initially, I was very happy with the appearance of my steak. However, all our food was lukewarm (at best), as if it'd been sitting in the kitchen too long.

One end of my steak...the side I ate first...was cooked "medium" as ordered. However, it became increasingly "less cooked" as I ate, and the opposite end was, generously speaking, "medium rare".

Our server was noticeably absent as we ate. She stopped by our table once, and I had to ask for a drink refill. She did not ask how our meal tasted. It was almost as if she didn't want to know. I had not reached the "rare" portion at that time.

Her next trip was to bring the ticket. I showed her the undercooked section and she offered dessert as compensation. We declined as that did not offset the loss of half a steak...especially one that was only six ounces at the start!.

The sides we ordered were quite tasty...the baked potato was the best part our meal. But we didn't drive all the way to Washington for potatoes!

Summary: we don't expect to be back any time soon, and cannot honestly recommend Libby's to locals or travelers on nearby I-35.

• Visited October 2011

“Yummo”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We ate here while back in our home state. My husband had loved this place when he lived close. Much had changed with the building as it had been many years since he had been there. They added on to the small house that once was the restaurant. The service and the food was good. We both had the catfish...and ended with the blackberry cobbler ala mode of course. A down home diner.

“Good food”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Every time my wife an I travel to an from Dallas, we stop at libby's, the food,prices,and people are great.