“Broken Promises”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Weatherford
Liberal, Kansas
“Broken Promises”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Now before you consider this review please understand that this trip was not a normal trip. My Wife and I were to be married on April 26th in a nearby small town of Weatherford Ok. I called ahead and booked a room there requesting the best suite they had to offer for the day before our wedding and our wedding night. They were not able to reserve me a suite the first night but could only provide a double queen. They promised me a suite the following evening and I was fine with that being the most important night was the 26th anyway. So with that promise we went a head a booked our rooms. The Friday afternoon I was out getting tuxes and my fiancé went ahead to check in. She said she was greeted by a rude desk clerk and all he said was "Sup..." and after she mentioned many times that she was in town for her wedding he continued to flirt and lack manners.

I came in that afternoon and she had told me the experience and the desk clerk said that guy was already gone for the evening but he was sorry. I requested a follow up on the 26th and us getting to upgrade and switch rooms and it was noted in the system so again they said it was all taken care of and there was nothing to worry about.

The room was nice but just like any hotel room you'd expect in a small town with little options. We had a few drinks and the overnight staff was friendly and we called it a night. The next morning I called the front desk and told them we were ready to upgrade and move our things to our final suite for the evening. Mind you that this is our wedding day and we had a very huge list of things to accomplish in a very short amount of time. The desk clerk told me that they were not going to be able to upgrade us and that we were going to have to stay in the double queen that we were already in. I explained that we had already made these plans ahead of time and this was a very special day for me and my fiancé. He really didn't have anything to say and just kind of ended the conversation. I gathered our things and headed downstairs and my fiancé and I had gone to the desk to figure out what the deal was and the clerk said he was the supervisor on duty and there was nothing that there could have been done. Needless to say we left the hotel.

The hotel was nice and we would normally not care at all about staying in the double queen. But due to the special situation and the way the staff presented themselves this will always leave a bad taste in our mouths and we will never return to this hotel again. Even if all hotels were booked we would go to the next town down the road or sleep in the car.

We went to the Holiday Inn Express down the road and had an amazing stay with them I will review them immediately.

Room Tip: Go down the road to Holiday Inn Express. Very good staff and rooms are way better.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jay G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here a few days, everything was great. The room was clean, nice free breakfast, friendly staff. Couldn't ask for more for the price. Will stay again when in the area. Easy on and off from the freeway, lots of restaurants and shopping for basic necessities in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JJD_from_OKC
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised. This is a Fairfield? Good location. Spacious mini-suite rooms, clean, comfortable, duel elevators, large flat screen television and fairly new building. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Huffman, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This is always a good hotel to stay at and is close to SWOSU. The rooms are always clean. The beds are a little hard. The breakfast is pretty good. It is a normal Fairfield Inn. We prefer marriott properties so we stay here.

• Stayed April 2014
Michigan
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had a really nice overnight stay. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, with both the check in and check out. Our king room was clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable although the pillows were a little over stuffed we slept quite well. There was a large group of high school youth staying in the hotel but we did not hear a sound. Not sure if that is a kudos to great kids or quality built hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MichiganDiesel
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed overnight here on a long-distance road trip. Josh at the desk made my reservations, he was very knowledgeable and upbeat. Check-in was quick and easy, the room was clean and fresh. It was everything I expected to be. The night person was nice enough to lend me a broom to sweep the snow from my car in the morning. Breakfast was more than I expected, the attendant was friendly and pleasant. I wish there were better dining areas in the area, then again I got in pretty late. Pizza place across the street is so-so, explore your options. It was a quiet night's sleep and comfortable accommodation at a bargain ($119 was my AAA rate). It seems to be a brand-new hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is a standard Fairfield through and through. I had standard efficient check in, an upgrade to a suite that was the standard FFI suite with a small sitting area and a small area with the bed. The bed slept like most FFIs beds do (a little firm) but I didn’t like how the coverlet was tucked in. Also, the feather pillows were way, way over stuffed so they were uncomfortable. They do not recycle at this hot advertised bold coffee but it wasn’t very bold and the OJ was very weak. The waffle batter was very thin and it caused the waffles to be crispy with lots of holes. All in all this was an OK Fairfield and I’d stay here again but I think breakfast could be improved. Real oatmeal would help too as all they had was packages of instant. I'd have rated them a four but the breakfast prevented me doing so.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weatherford
Best Western Plus Weatherford
Hampton Inn Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
#2 of 9 in Clinton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clinton Historic Route 66

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Weatherford? Share your experiences!