“Not that Bad!”

Americas Best Value Inn Weatherford
Americas Best Value Inn Weatherford
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Weatherford
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The room wasn't the best, but not the worest. The a/c worked great, the bed was clean, the TV worked, I've stayed there 4 times. The price is reasonable for what you get. The two problems I had with the place is the pool don't work and the carpet in the room I was in neede to be replaced. But other then that the motel staff was friendly and the room was nice and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't expect a 4 or 5 star motel or hotel for $55. I preferre the bottom floor room stays cooler...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I arrived late on Friday May 27th to join my boyfriend who had already been staying here for the last month due to his job. When I arrived I was immediately disappointed in the room.

He is 6'5'' and the shower head barely came to his shoulders. I'm only 5'5'' and still had to dip my head to rinse all of my hair. The light on his side of the table doesn't work. There is black mold on the top foot of the bathroom door and there are spots where the ceiling is dipping as though from water damage. One right over the shower has a 3'' gapping hole that is almost 3 feet long. I reported a leak from the pipe under the sink and got told they would bring a bucket until the 'maintenance man' could get to it. They set a DIRTY TRASH CAN outside my door that same day (Wednesday May 30th) and still havent sent anyone. It is now Sunday June 3rd.

The fridge has one shelf and barely enough room for a gallon of milk and a gallon of tea. The mirror over the desk has some sort of spray residue on it. The carpet by the bottom of the door frame is torn up with nails showing. The lamp shades are covered in dust as is the desk, tv, and entertainment center. There are TWO easy access electrical outlets. One is four feet off the ground on the wall of the main room and the other is by the bathroom sink.The only main light in the bedroom is right by the window. Other than that there is three lamps. Two in my room since one doesn't work.

As for safety? One small bolt on the doorknob. The peep hole doesn't even allow visibility. And the only thing separating this side of the motel from the Interstate is a puny, half gone, chain link fence and the access road. As the daughter of a police officer back home in Texas I can take care of myself but as a mother-to-be I am not reassured by the safety features of this po-dunk motel.

Oh and don't get me started on the service. Ice machine has been out of order since before my arrival. The room has been vacuumed ONCE since my boyfriend came back on May 23rd and that was yesterday mornin. I asked if they could wash the bedding since I found something crusted on a pillowcase and a sheet. They brought me clean sheets at that time but I didn't get a blanket back until about two hours ago. I was unaware it took over 30 hours to wash a blanket. And when they brought me the blanket they didn't even ask about towels, trash, or the vacuuming. The worst part? I had to take the bedding off and hand it to them. I had to get the trash from the bathroom and by the desk and hand it outside to them. The only service performed in the true nature of motel service was the vacuuming. That was the only time one of them came into the room and did what they were supposed to do. And if you aren't at the hotel when they come by? Oops, oh well. No service for your room that day. And the pool is nothing but rain water with mold and trash. Makes me nauseous just walking by it.

Today I accidently got locked out of my room. When I went to the office no one was there. I rang the bell and even went behind the counter to knock on the door to their personal area. The tv was on so loud I could hear it standing by the door to the office. I had to walk all the way to the opposite side of the motel to find an employee to get me another card key. I was locked out of my room for almost 15 minutes. It is an office for a reason. SOMEONE SHOULD ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE.

They also tried to say our dogs (two miniature schnauzers and a chihuahua mix, all house broke) were making the room smell so we should leave them in the car if we have to leave the room (even if they were in a carrier). Uhm, I am not leaving my dog in my car while I go to the store in the middle of the day. And just so they couldn't claim the room was smelling we have two Glade plug-ins and Febreeze spray. The only smell in the room is from my boyfriend's dirty work clothes: mud and grease smell.

We still have almost two weeks left here before my boyfriend has a week off and we can get our camper from Florida. I'd rather stay in his 18 wheeler's bunker than stay here but can't. In all the years of school trips and the hotels I stayed in from Holiday Inn to Marriot to Super 8 I have NEVER experienced such an awful place to stay. Save your money and get a place a little bit nicer for your trip. If the boss wasn't paying for the rooms my boyfriend and his coworkers wouldn't be staying here and neither would I. Horrible first impression of Oklahoma hospitality. We will never stay at this chain of motels or 'Inns' again.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2012

That about sums it up for this hotel. After reading all the reviews on it, we were hesitant about staying here, but we gave them the benefit of the doubt and decided to book a room. We should have listened to the reviews and gone somewhere else!! The lady at the front desk looked at me as if I had three heads when I checked in...don't think she really understood english. The room stunk so bad!! There was blood splattered on the wall by the sink, along with a yellow liquid that had run down the wall and dried. The bathroom door looked as though it had been punched...holes all in it. There were bugs crawling in between the cracks where the wall met the ceiling. I would hope someone would take all these reviews to heart and listen!! I wish I did!! I would recommend you just keep driving past this "needs to be condemned building"!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sdrw7171
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We saw the dreadful reviews, but we'd been on the road 16 hours and at least 25 other hotels were booked. We would have had to continue another few hours to find anything else. We hoped that the reviews were wrong. If anything, the man who said he'd rather sleep in his car was playing down the squalor. I'd rather sleep under my car.

There is nothing to redeem this horrible place. The clerk wouldn't let me in the office and I had to pay for the three rooms through a tiny slot without even a face-height speaking hole, so it was impossible to communicate. The rooms were cheaply furnished, extremely filthy and in poor condition. And at 5' 8" I found the shower head low. Imagine what my 6' 3" roommate thought. Two of the three rooms had no safety chains or bolts. The place may not have been in the worst location I've seen, but we had little confidence that it was safe or that the management would be on the lookout for problems. The best I can say is that the mattress passed the bedbug examination. Too tired to keep going? Find a rest area and doze for an hours until you can drive on to the next vacancy.

Room Tip: To choose a good room go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Rude staff, unclean rooms, no continental breakfast, couldn't go for a walk due to a ladder and satallite dish in the way of the bridge. Coke machine was labeled wrong , candy machine got stuck, bring your own pillows you only get 3 for 2 people...3!!! People were unsafely cooking outside at 2am.

Staff constantly watching you even outside their main office. Location was horrible, we called to get directions and even the front desk clerk didn't know where she was. Bug problems bad! Rusty bathtub with BROWN marks on it. The toilet was gross and brown. You only got 1 shampoo dinky package for 2 people.

Fridge had no shelves, therefore you'd spill your food. TV service advertised HBO and we had basic cable. Remote controls didnt work right. The lamp on the right side of our bed had a extention cord that was taped together.

No secure locks on front doors..just a chain lock.

Staff did not offer any savings program / reward program / late checkout as listed in the program after i found out about it. And they charged for the room UPON checking in and not checkout.

I will NEVER go back!!! Ruined my romance for the weekend, and my wife said she would have had more fun mowing the yard.

Room Tip: "Sleep in your car it's cheaper!"
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed there the night of 14 November 2011, rooms 42 and 46. It ranks as the worse motel I have experienced in the US. The smell was horrible, the flies were plentiful, the location was in the industrial section of town, we actually brought in our own bedding due to concerns over cleanliness. You would be better off taking any of the numerous motels off of exit 82. Worse of all, this place was listed with "4 checks" (best possible) in the ABVI Lodging Directory.

Too bad, the other two ABVIs we stayed at on this trip were great. If this had been the first time I had stayed at an America's Best Value, I would never return to one.

Room Tip: A room at a different motel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Me and my husband from South Africa, Cape Town stayed there for 16 nights. We received good service
and the staff members where very friendly and helpful. It is a walking distance to town and I loved my walks to town, while my husband was working.
Everything which we needed was available in the room. I also received a good rate.
There is only one matter which the owner can do better on is to make the swimmingpool area nicer and that the swimmingpool clear and clean every day.
Thank you for my nice stay there, me and my husband enjoyed it there.
Cape Town, South Africa September 2011

Room Tip: The second building was our room facing towards town side. Was very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Management1700, SSAP Director. South central Region at Americas Best Value Inn Weatherford, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property.
Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve upon our guest satisfaction.
We do apologize for your negative experience you had regarding our pool. We have improved upon this and taken the corrective measures that will enhance your over all experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your future lodging needs.
Management