“Quiet, clean and comfortable”
Review of Northwest Inn

Northwest Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Woodward
eastern shore of Md.
“Quiet, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Location was a factor in this selection. Indoor pool and lovely sitting area but pool ladder wasn't suitable. Bottom of pool was about 3 ft from the ladder' s bottom step. Beds and room was comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly. Free breakfast includes chief preparing special requests.
Tried dinner one night and was disappointed. They do not serve lunch.

Room Tip: They offer rooms that open into the pool area and rooms that open outside. Your choice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Northwest Inn.
We appreciate your nice comments on our hotel.
The issues you included will be addressed, so that we can correct the situation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Normally stay in Enid Ok and this hotel I nicer than the hotel I stay at in Enid 2-3 times a week. I would not have a problem staying at this hotel. The fresh hot made to order breakfast was really good. The indoor pool area is clean and nice.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank miktam90
Thank you for commenting on our "hot cook to order breakfast "each day.
This we feel is a welcome addition to our friendly staff and comfortable guest rooms.
We look forward to your next visit.
Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Due to limited hotel availability stayed here one night. Pleasantly surprised. Front desk very friendly and helpful. Cookies, coffee and tea available in lobby area. Room was big,with upgraded cable pkg, free wifi. Air conditioner was quiet. Bed fluffy and comfortable. Carpet probably could be replaced,but everything else was spotless. Fantastic atrium area with pool, gym, seating areas and recreation tables. Breakfast was included. It was buffet style and very tasty. I probably will ask for an inside vs outside room next time due to road noise. I will choose this hotel over the chain hotels anyday. Room cost with taxes was around $114.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank OklahomaSleeper
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
We want to thank you for your kind comments on your stay here at the Northwest Inn.
This month we upgraded our wi-fi system to accommodate the needs of our guest.

I will share your comments with my staff. They do work hard and appreciate comments like yours.

We look forward to your next visit.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

When I booked this hotel, it was ranked number one on Trip Advisor. WAS is the key word. I received my confirmation email and then another in late June confirming our stay yet again. However, when we arrived the place looked run down and remodeling was happening. They had NO RESERVATION for us and then charged me for someone else's room!! They fixed the mistake, hopefully...will let you know when I get my CC statement!! All the while my husband and I looked across the street at the Holiday Inn Express and wondered if we should have stayed there. We should have. We got our keys and went upstairs, not easily done here and too hard to explain how we got there. Our room stank so bad of smoke that I returned to ask for a non-smoking room. She informed me that ALL of the rooms were non-smoking and did I remember why I initialed the $250 fee for smoking in my room. Frustrated, I informed her that I clearly didn't smoke which is why I asked for a non-smoking room and what were they going to do about it. She handed me a can of Febreeze. Really!? I sprayed the room down...a lot!! We decided to go eat at the dining room....which closed at 8:30 on a FRIDAY. They were quite rude about us standing there and looking at them with shocked looks on our faces. 8:30 on a FrIday!? Do not stay here folks. Holiday Inn Express is across the street and is only a few dollars more.TRUST ME!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sontina O
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay here at the Northwest Inn.
We are making improvements on the exterior of our hotel. We are 85% complete.
Our staff has researched a confirmation for your stay. Could you please e-mail the confirmation you received, so we can do further research. e-mail to bstevens@shinc.com

Again, we apologize as our goal is to provide our guest with a pleasant stay.

United States
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I work in Woodward from time to time and motels are pretty expensive. There are not many choices to chooses but there are some new ones being built. I've always stayed at the Northwest Inn and have always been pleased. Maybe it was just the room I was given but it wasn't up to the standard that I was quite expecting. Did manage to find a wad of hair on the comforter. Both the bathroom tub and sinks drained slow. I was standing in enough water to cover my feet while taking a show which kinda grossed me out. Also found a dead bug on the bathroom floor as well. Outside of that, everything was fine. The wifi was pretty slow during the evening hours but I guess thats to be expected. The beds are the best thing about the Northwest Inn, super comfortable and the pillows are great too. It's pretty much the reason I stay there. They also have a really nice breakfast in the morning that comes included with your room. Only downfall is they really don't have anything to go. It's pretty much a sit down meal, Not suitable if you're in a hurry. I will probably stay at the Northwest Inn during my next visit to the area but if it isn't up to the par the next time, I'll be seeking other options in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us.
We are working to upgrade our Wi Fi system as the other hotels are doing here in Woodward due to the added demands on the network.
We do apologize for the issues you mentioned with your guest room.
Each guest room is inspected and we have a ongoing exterminating program in place.
There is no excuse for the problems you encountered.
We do look forward to providing you with accommodations during your next stay in Woodward.

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Everything here is what I expect, no more, no less. Rooms are clean. Staff is courteous and friendly enough.

I usually have good Internet connection or cable TV, but not both.

I pay what a room costs in Woodward. But, BIG PLUS: Excellent FREE BREAKFAST with room!!! Not just cereal and bacon. Omelets, waffles, sausage, all the good stuff! Worth the lack of cable or Internet (whichever one won't be working) to me.

My "go-to"stop in Woodward.

• Stayed May 2013
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for your comments on the Northwest Inn.

Our guest rave about our Hot cooked to order breakfast. Some can not below it is part of the guest room amenity.

98% of the time our wi fi service is in working order.
We do apologize for this inconvenience to you during your stay.

Our staff looks forward to your next visit while you are in Woodward
Newton, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Oh my, what a fantastic place to stay! I have stayed at $300 / night hotels that have Nothing on the Northwest Inn. It is a 1st class operation in every respect! I highly recommend that if you are withing 60 miles of Woodward and need a place to stay, make the trip and stay at Northwest Inn. The General Manager, Steve, has been awarded, best hotel GM in all of Oklahoma. He is a very humble person but runs a top notch "ship".
The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. Indoor heated pool and workout room. Laundry is handy.
I just can not say enough about what a wonderful surprise it was to be able to stay with these fine folks.
Oh, and the restaurant is awesome. Hand cut steaks, hand made chicken fry steaks and home made. A full breakfast is included with the room with eggs to order, waffles, and a full buffet.
I will always stay here when I am in Northern Oklahoma.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are a bit quieter and warmer. Although the room I had, 2nd floor with outside entra...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business