“Pleasantly pleased”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Yukon
Heber springs
“Pleasantly pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We were a little concerned about staying here because of some of the past couple reviews. We arrived after a very long drive and extremelly cold and windy weather. The room was very nice and the front desk ladies very nice. They even called to make sure we werr happy with our room. I did mention that the sofa had several torn spots on the edges and the towel bar in bathroom was coming off. Breakfast was very good. When we arrived there were no luggage carriers available and we had quite a bit of luggage to carry in from our truck. The front desk lady looked on the other floors but could not locate one. We would stay again

• Stayed January 2014
Brian R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are having a remodel during 2014 and that will fix any room issues. My staff and I thanik you for your comments. Have a great day and we hope to see you in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
someplace
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I read the reviews here before booking this hotel and I really should have believed what I read. Firstly- the girl at the front desk was horrible. Her name may have been Ashley but I am not positive; she did not say 'hello' to us when we checked in and, in fact, did not even ask what she could do for us, she just looked at me with a stoic face until I told her we were there to check-in. I could go on for pages just about her rudeness, but I will not.
(I did go to the front desk in the morning to find out her name- I walked up, heard paper-shuffling noises coming from the back office, placed my keys somewhat loudly on to the counter, no one came out, said 'hello' loudly, and finally a man came out and ask what I needed. He was wearing casual jeans and a sweatshirt or t-shirt. I asked what the girls name was that was working the night before and he told me, but did not ask why I was asking, he just walked away. I really hope he is not the manager.)

When we got in to our room I decided to check the sheets for cleanliness since others here seemed to have issues with the sheets- yep, you got it, they had not been changed. There were several strands of hair under the pillows and some makeup smears on the pillow cases. I called the wonderful girl at the front desk to ask for a clean room and she did move us without any hesitation (it seemed to be a regular thing for her). We went to the front desk to get our keys and she was talking with some good-looking gentlemen (she sure was a lot more friendly with them), she glanced over to my daughter and said "your keys are over there". She had left them just sitting on the counter.

She ended up putting us into an ADA room, which is fine, though I think hotel management may want to consider updating their ADA rooms. The shower head, once turned on, started spraying all over the bathroom; I actually had to hold it with my hand the entire time to keep it from flooding the floor. Not sure how someone in a wheelchair might be able to reach up and grab it like that, but maybe the hotel just doesn't care.

When I got out of the shower I grabbed a towel to dry off and, thankfully, right before I dried my face I noticed numerous strands of hair on the towel. I chose to air-dry.

Needless to say I did not go to the breakfast room in the morning...who knows what germs would have been festering around there.

Also- and this is really irritating: their workout room is open 24 hours, but their pool closes at 10pm. The only way to get to the workout room is through the pool entrance. My daughter actually said to the girl at the front: is the workout room open?
Her: yes, 24 hours.
Daughter: well, how do I get in there.
Her: through the pool.
Daughter: but the pool door is locked.
Her: Yeah.
Daughter: then how do I get in.
Her: You don't.
Seriously.

Last but not least, the bed was horribly uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Follow the advice of other travelers: pick a different La Quinta location.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Brian R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
I am very very sorry that you had an experience like that with us. We take pride in our jobs and i feel that most of our reviews have been very positive. When there is an issue we want to know so we can correct it. We have already made a couple of changes since your stay and did not charge you for the stay. Thank you for your feedback.
Oklahoma City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We really enjoyed the hotel. The rooms were big and room was great. Breakfast had many options, but was not my favorite. The staff was nice and helpful. The pool and hot tub were really warm and overall we had a nice time. We will be back in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I want to thank you personally for your response. We really appreciate feedback from our guests, especially when it is so positive. We will try to see what we can do to improve breakfast.
DeSoto, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Spent the week here for Christmas holidays. Very clean and family friendly with a nice indoor pool. It was close enough to stores that I could finish some last minute shopping. While on the pricey side they had a great breakfast every morning that made everyone 7 to 70 happy to get up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for the great comments. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you in the future.
Waynesville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel was on our route of travel and we liked the fact it was dog friendly. We enjoyed our stay however the furniture was a bit dated. Breakfast was hot with with eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles and more. We would stay again very friendly service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I want to thank you for writing a review. We really appreciate our pet owners. We are in the early process of our remodel which will take part all year. Our style will be updated and I am sure you will like the changes.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I used a discount website to book this room. Reading the reviews, and seeing the star rating I felt we got a great deal on a great room.

Then we got to the room! We literally had a room with writing on the wall. The walls where filthy, an empty beer can under the night stand (discovered at checkout when we were making sure we didn’t leave anything). I couldn’t believe how dirty the room was on the interior walls.

The staff was friendly and offered to move us, however we had two rooms and we were only offered to have one moved. We decided since it appeared to only be the walls, we stuck it out. The bed was comfortable and everything else seemed to be clean.

This hotel is pet friendly so if you have an allergy, or if you do not want to take the chance of a barking dog, I would look elsewhere.

Indoor pool, free parking, and a pretty good free breakfast, the stay was not a total loss. I wonder if discount website users get the lower end rooms in this hotel.

If I wouldn’t’ have used a third party website, I would have left and went to another hotel. If you could see this much filth, what couldn’t you see?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
I want to personally apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I want to say that we do not put guests from third parties into lesser rooms. We are at the early stages of our remodel and we have not painted the room you were in and I am very sorry for that. We are painting all rooms and public areas and will be putting a reddish accent wall in all guest rooms along with many more room changes. I really appreciate your positive comments and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We are loyalty plan members of La Quinta but had never stayed at this location in our many trips East and West on I-40. The property is conveniently located at the eastern Yukon, Exit on I-40 but surprisingly we heard no road noise in our ground floor room on the south side of the building. The desk clerk was welcoming and helpful on check in and gave us some good options for dinner. Our room was upgraded to a comfy suite with a sitting area with an overstuffed chair and love seat, nice for watching evening TV. The room was clean and well stocked with clean towels and bottled water. Breakfast was ready at 6 am for an early start for our travels, a good assortment of breads, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurts.

We had a great stay and enjoyed being in a smaller community vs the hubbub of the big city ahead, having stayed in Oklahoma City locations, on previous trips, we will be returning to this location in the future, when our travels take us east.

Room Tip: Ground floor on the backside of the property is a good choice as the property is adjacent to I-40 ex...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I want to personally thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for your stay with us. We love feedback form our guests especially when it is so positive. We hope to see you in the future.