“My stay at Geiser Grand Hotel”
Review of Geiser Grand Hotel

Geiser Grand Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Twin Falls, Idaho
“My stay at Geiser Grand Hotel”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Is was the middle of the week and I had arrived at approx 5pm PST. I took a walk through old town and seen this beautiful sprial roof soaring above all the other downtown buildings. I was told by a merchant that it was a top notch resturant and hotel. I ambled over and walking through the doors was like going back in time. I had a delicious local ale and the bardtender showed me a menu for the dinning room area, which I had already spotted on my arrival. Beautiful white linened tables in a beautiful room with chandiliers every where. She told me the special was prime rib tonight for $19.99.............I was sold.......so in I went. The waitresses were so abliging, I got to pick a beautiful table under a massive wall mirror. The wine selection was excellent and even the waitress was knowledgeable about the wines. Just a superb meal.
I inquired about the room prices and promised that I would be back. I forgot to mention that this hotel is haunted and the staff there was happy to tell me all the stories, It made for a delightful night. Ghost Busters come there once a month and do whatever ghost busters do....
Steve O'Connor

Room Tip: There are only two super suites, so make your reservation now........
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Geyser Grand Hotel
Baker city , OR

Where do I begin? First we booked our rooms at least 4-6 months ago here for the weekend. We received numerous confirmation calls to make sure we were coming. The day we were to arrive, we received "confirmation" calls again but when we confirmed we were told that the air conditioner in our rooms were out. Hmmm interesting.... Then to no avail we were conveniently cancelled and left to find our own reservation. Luckily we were able to find two rooms at the Bridge Street Inn, whose customer service is 10x that of this he**hole. We tries calling to speak to a manager but our requests were ignored and we weren't spoken to. After we checked it we unfortunately had to go to the Geyser hotel for an event. To sum it up quickly, our meal was over priced, undercooked, and rolls were rationed. I order a drink from the bar and had not one not two but SIX bugs in my drink. They made me another drink but weren't happy about it. The bar, hotel, and dining area was swarming with bugs and fruit flies. We asked about the rooms without air and no one knew what we were talking about. I asked for the owner's or managers name but two rude , minimum wage front desk peons Jonathan and Victoria said they weren't allowed to disclose their names. Really? Hmm the moral is, they kicked us out, gave our rooms away, we're extremely rude and BBB will be notified. Please do not waste your time or money. I grew up in Baker and this horrible place is not historic nor worth a second of your time.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Rn4u2013
Salem, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was easily the worst experience I have ever had. I booked a room in this hotel a month before my arrival date and was charged for it in that month. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed they hag GIVEN MY ROOM AWAY. I had both the receipt and the confirmation but was told they had no rooms available. And the snotty person at the front desk told me she could not give me a refund! After speaking to me fellow travelers, I learned this is common behavior for the Geiser. If they can get a higher rate, they dump your reservation and give it to someone else. They told me they called an told me they had no rooms, but in fact they were calling me as i stood in the lobby. Miserable terrible and potentially illegal experience. Avoid this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
11 Thank Karen G
colorado
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Having to pass thru Bakers City, we decided to try the Geiser Grand Hotel. Located right downtown, a very quiet downtown. The hotel took 5 years to refurbish and brings you back to the old days. A very beautiful hotel. Nice job. The rooms are huge and beautiful. The feeling of being in 1880's is around every corner. This is a must see place if you pass thru Bakers City, even if you don't stay the night. The dining room is beautifully appointed as is the rooms. The only critizism is the general floors, not the rooms, need to be vacuumed. Enjoy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was our second stay at the Geiser and again, we were very happy with the hotel. We were in a Deluxe Room and my in-laws were in a Grand Room. Once again, we were impressed with the spacious rooms, high ceilings, and large windows. The staff were pleasant, we had no complaints.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Showed up not having a reservation, and we were greeted by several super friendly hotel workers at the front desk. Jane, one of those workers, showed me two different rooms that were available, both impressive. We decided to take the cheaper of the two rooms, which was a hard decision to make -- because for only ten more dollars, we would have gotten a much larger room.
Didn't eat at the hotel, but loved spending as much time as possible in our room which has been redone in a simple, but elegant manner. It was beautiful! The hotel staff was always kind and helpful. Spent 24 hours exploring Baker City -- which was the true find of our first eastern Oregon trip. Nice vibe. And this hotel helped make it a wonderful visit. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: While we were there, the city was doing construction behind the hotel, which would have made dayligh...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel is very nice and clean, the 2 queen bed room was large and stylish. Despite the warning, about the up to 7 minutes wait for the hot water (posted in the bathroom) we had no problem. The personnel were nice and helpful as well. Our only bed experience came when we stayed for breakfast. The food was terrible and so was the service. We would stay again, but eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family