“Old west classic”
Review of Geiser Grand Hotel

Geiser Grand Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have stayed at this beautiful old restored hotel several times since it's restoration and have never been sorry I did.A wonderful dinning room and very good food at reasonable prices.Good scotch selection as well.The stained glass skylight in the dinning room is worth a visit alone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We just stayed at the Geiser Hotel and it was a grand experience, no generic hotel here. The rooms are huge and luxurious and the whole hotel had personality. My biggest draw back was the lack of water pressure in the shower as it was very weak when we stayed there so it wasn't a relaxing shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful as my wheelchair broke down during our stay. For wheelchair accessibility the room and bathroom were great except for the low water pressure mentioned above and the front entrance had double doors so assistance was needed to enter the hotel. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Lovely old hotel, very nice people. The bar has reasonable drinks, and their happy hour is crazy cheap. The dining room was empty the entire time. It's probably fine, but the price point seems high. Rooms are spacious, clean, well appointed. Nothing but positives here.

Baker City doesn't have much, but the museum is KILLER GOOD. Don't miss that. Also, don't mess around if you're hungry in the evening because this town truly does shut down completely at dusk.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

An elegant and beautifully restored hotel. Beautiful dining room, cozy bar and well appointed rooms. Dinner was fabulous. Rooms on the second floor are bigger than on the third floor. Room 206 is my favorite. A suite that faces the Main Street, but is off the main hall area. Highly recommend the Geiser Grand

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Is was the middle of the week and I had arrived at approx 5pm PST. I took a walk through old town and seen this beautiful sprial roof soaring above all the other downtown buildings. I was told by a merchant that it was a top notch resturant and hotel. I ambled over and walking through the doors was like going back in time. I had a delicious local ale and the bardtender showed me a menu for the dinning room area, which I had already spotted on my arrival. Beautiful white linened tables in a beautiful room with chandiliers every where. She told me the special was prime rib tonight for $19.99.............I was sold.......so in I went. The waitresses were so abliging, I got to pick a beautiful table under a massive wall mirror. The wine selection was excellent and even the waitress was knowledgeable about the wines. Just a superb meal.
I inquired about the room prices and promised that I would be back. I forgot to mention that this hotel is haunted and the staff there was happy to tell me all the stories, It made for a delightful night. Ghost Busters come there once a month and do whatever ghost busters do....
Steve O'Connor

Room Tip: There are only two super suites, so make your reservation now........
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Geyser Grand Hotel
Baker city , OR

Where do I begin? First we booked our rooms at least 4-6 months ago here for the weekend. We received numerous confirmation calls to make sure we were coming. The day we were to arrive, we received "confirmation" calls again but when we confirmed we were told that the air conditioner in our rooms were out. Hmmm interesting.... Then to no avail we were conveniently cancelled and left to find our own reservation. Luckily we were able to find two rooms at the Bridge Street Inn, whose customer service is 10x that of this he**hole. We tries calling to speak to a manager but our requests were ignored and we weren't spoken to. After we checked it we unfortunately had to go to the Geyser hotel for an event. To sum it up quickly, our meal was over priced, undercooked, and rolls were rationed. I order a drink from the bar and had not one not two but SIX bugs in my drink. They made me another drink but weren't happy about it. The bar, hotel, and dining area was swarming with bugs and fruit flies. We asked about the rooms without air and no one knew what we were talking about. I asked for the owner's or managers name but two rude , minimum wage front desk peons Jonathan and Victoria said they weren't allowed to disclose their names. Really? Hmm the moral is, they kicked us out, gave our rooms away, we're extremely rude and BBB will be notified. Please do not waste your time or money. I grew up in Baker and this horrible place is not historic nor worth a second of your time.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Rn4u2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was easily the worst experience I have ever had. I booked a room in this hotel a month before my arrival date and was charged for it in that month. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed they hag GIVEN MY ROOM AWAY. I had both the receipt and the confirmation but was told they had no rooms available. And the snotty person at the front desk told me she could not give me a refund! After speaking to me fellow travelers, I learned this is common behavior for the Geiser. If they can get a higher rate, they dump your reservation and give it to someone else. They told me they called an told me they had no rooms, but in fact they were calling me as i stood in the lobby. Miserable terrible and potentially illegal experience. Avoid this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business