“Pleasant, decoration is extraordinary”

The Bridge Street Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Reviewed 2 July 2011

One night on way to Portland. Building is about 1950, so the rooms ate small for the large beds now in place. Door lock are the keys with large plastic mail back tags. Furnishings, starting with with wall mounted LCD TV are up to date. Bath room surfaces and fixtures all class A stuff. Tremendous value. Good central location.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jimmy62_11

Reviewed 29 June 2011

The rooms are basic but have all you need: large fridge, micro, TV, and ours had a king bed. Breakfast too is a simple affair served in the small office and includes Eggo-style waffles, off-brand cereals, canned fruit, English muffins, bagels, and hot biscuits with gravy. Nothing exceptional except the excellent value! For only $50 we got a clean, well-appointed room and a filling breakfast. We could hear the bubbling Powder River and walk to historic Main Street. I also like that the motel is family-run. If you're looking for clean, basic rooms and good value, this is the place!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Libby2563
Reviewed 22 June 2011

During the past fourteen years we have spent time at well over one hundred motels in the United States - some of them large "chain" places, some of them small and independent. It's sometimes difficult to judge an accommodation at first sight, and disappointment and pleasant surprise are both familiar elements to regular travellers. In early June we happened to arrive in Baker City, an ideal centre for exploring the superb surroundings of Eastern Oregon, and, after looking closely at several motels, we decided to stay at the Bridge Street Inn. What a lucky break this turned out to be - an excellent location close to downtown, spotlessly clean and well-maintained room for less than fifty dollars, and, above all, as warm a welcome as could be imagined from the proprietors, Thoy and Ed, and all their staff. At how many places will the weary traveller be greeted by a smiling lady offering freshly-baked cakes and other delicacies free of charge and taking a genuine interest in our accounts of where we come from and where we are heading ? This small hostelry is a wonderful advertisement for American hospitality and I have no hesitation whatsoever in stating that this is the best value for money we have ever enjoyed in America. Any visitor happening to come to this part of Oregon will surely enjoy the offerings of Baker City, and will be thrilled to bits if they stay awhile at the Bridge Street Inn, a gem of an oasis by the Powder River. Our recommendation is totally unequivocal and we are forever grateful to Thoy, Ed and their helpers for making our stay memorable.

Carole and Dave Wilson
Leigh, Lancashire, England.

Room Tip: Your hosts will see to your every need
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank caroleanddave54
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The management are so nice here, I want to give a great review. But I decided to stay here based on all the rave reviews so I want to provide a little balance with this review.

The positives - staff couldn't possibly be more helpful or friendly; It felt very safe; The breakfast was awesome and I think we're getting free dinner tonight - unbelieveable; It's very clean; The location is perfect - right at the edge of downtown so you can walk to Barley's Brewpub, the Geiser Grande, etc. ; The wireless is superb, the refrigerator and microwave work and there are plenty of outlets. There's a real community atmosphere to the place.

The negatives - The rooms are extremely cramped - had to eat, do laptop, etc on the bed. There is no place to hang anything - we had to leave alot of stuff in the car; The walls are extremely thin and you can pretty much hear everything - bikers and motorcycle riders frequent the motel, so you wake up with their revving motors and visiting right outside your window. The linens are thin and scratchy, but we did get extra washcloths with a smile when we asked.

I would never stay more than 1 night at this motel again, though I wish the owners much success and feel grateful for thier hospitality and kindness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ash_in_Portland
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I met the owners a year ago and seems like I keep comeing back not only for the friends I have made in Baker City but the people I have meet here the motel is the first place I had stayed and they made me feel like family the first day so it became my place to keep coming back to I have became friends with the owners and their family I call and say my first name and when I am coming they have my room ready and no questions ask I come in and they hand me my key since I have been coming in for a year now I do have a room I do like for I do not like tubs and they have a few with Showers and that is what I want. so to the whole family there thank you I will be back in July for a week again I miss all of you and miss the sun thanks again for every thing Phobeb

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wjphoebe
Reviewed 23 April 2011

As a woman traveling solo, I look for a place where I feel safe, and that is clean. Those are my top priorities. The Bridge Street Inn met those requirements, and was affordable as well. What made it feel safe were the people running it, and the people I met in the lobby - also very friendly. I agree with some other reviewers that the noise - particularly people in the hallway (a guy was talking on his phone there in the morning) - can be a nuisance. But, frankly, I've experienced that at some upscale places as well. I carry and wear earplugs - which help a lot. I would definitely stay here again if I was traveling through Baker City. -- p.s. Check out the Baker City Museum while your there.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank huck123
Reviewed 17 April 2011

What more can we say?! We received a great rate & service. Husband is in a wheelchair and could easily get around. The employees treated us soooo well, even giving us a bag of microwave popcorn when asked if they could give us anything more. LOL It was from his personal stash! Breakfast is lots of carbs; waffles, cereal, toast, ect Inn is easily located towards the outer edge of town from east end entrance. Fridge actually works! Laundry on site. Yes I'd visit again!!

Room Tip: Bring your smile!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple