“Nice Choice for Baker City” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bridge Street Inn

Bridge Street Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Seattle, Washington
“Nice Choice for Baker City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

I was happy with our choice of the Bridge Street Inn in Baker City. We had a quick overnight stay here and everything was fine. It is a simple looking motel from the outside and certainly not upscale but everything functioned properly. The room, bed and bathroom were fine although the walls are thin as we heard some hallway noise. Our room was very warm which was a bonus for a very frigid evening.

The owner was super friendly and there was a good breakfast spread in the lobby. There was also free wi-fi at the property. We would highly recommend the Bridge Street Inn for a stay in Baker City if you aren't looking for luxury accommodations.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Myrtle Creek, Oregon USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

I grew up in Baker City and recently returned because of a death in the family. We needed a place to sleep for four days...we were interested in having a clean room and a reasonable room rate. The Bridge Street Inn suited our needs exactly with the added benefit of a staff that was was friendly and very sympathic toward us during a difficult time.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

My husband and I recently relocated from Washington state to Las Vegas, NV. We hit snowstorms in Oregon, and turned around several miles when our GPS informed us of a hotel in Baker City. We found the Bridge Street Inn along a snowy street, and it was close to midnight when we checked in. In the middle of a 20+ hour trip, this hotel was HEAVEN itself. The price was reasonable, and we slept peacefully and happily. It felt like staying in a spare room at a friend's home. In the morning, home-made breakfast was served--a great sizzling mound of breakfast burritos--and we sat and made friends with other lodgers, and bantered with the staff. The landlady and her mother-in-law were hysterical! They talked and laughed with us like old friends, and we were loath to leave, even with a long trip ahead of us. They offered us some leftovers for the road, gave us advice about the best places to fill up on gas, and my husband and I are still talking about how much we enjoyed ourselves. We recommend Bridge Street Inn heartily, and if you're ever within 100 miles of the place, stay there!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Longview
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

There is hot coffee on at all times and they have breakfast on in the mornings also at times there is dinner so this is home away from home they treat you like family.

I have the first time I stayed at the Bridge Street Inn I was surprised at how nice it was the people were great that was in April of 2010 than in the presses of having to take care of some property that I own here in Baker City I keep coming back and there is no other place that you can come that treats you like family you are called by first name and they really care about you and your family the staff and owners even what to know about the house you are working on and how it is coming making sure you get to the right places that to get the best buys on the replacement parts that I had to put in. also make sure I get the right sure I get the right repair person not the people that rip you off.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Bridge Street Inn for one night. It is an old motel, but the price was right, it was clean and neat, and they are just about the friendliest people EVER! I left a piece of jewelery on the nightstand and I didn't know it until the next day. I really was expecting that I would never see it again, but I called them right away and it had been turned in. Friendly and honest staff. What a great experience!

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel with our children and dogs. The location was perfect and the value was fantastic. The staff was so personable and helpful. In the morning, when we went for breakfast we had a great conversation with the owner. She was very warm and friendly, she made us feel like we were staying in her home. It is an older hotel, but it is clean and has character. We have stayed in other hotels in Baker City before but will now be staying here.
Thank you for the great time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Montague, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

My husband and our employee have been staying at the Bridge Street Inn for a couple of weeks now while they are working in Baker County. They had to spend a few nights in the nasty, dumpy Western Motel when they first arrived because all motels were full due to some sort of motorcycle rally. I came up to visit, and as soon as the bikers cleared out, I went looking for a better place for the guys to stay and luckily came across the Bridge Street Inn. The very best part of the place is the staff. They are friendly, helpful and fed the guys all kinds of good food for breakfast and for evening snacks (which often ended up being their dinner, it was so big and hearty). The price is very low, and we were given a great deal. I think it ended up being something like $25 per night plus tax for each room (because the guys stayed for more than a week). The rooms are old, but very clean and nice. The motel is noisier than the newer concrete and steel structures, but the price is terrific. When the kids and I came up to visit my husband, the staff made us feel very welcome by moving my husband to a room with an adjoining room so that we could have separate rooms for the kids with a door between ours and theirs. They even helped him to move out some furniture when the kids and I came up to make the room fit our family's needs.They made sure my husband had a room with all the desk space he needed for his office-away-from-home, and there were outlet strips in the rooms to provide plenty of plug-ins. I am so grateful to the helpful staff for taking such good care of the guys and making them so comfortable. My only suggestion is to bring a fan or ear plugs for a good night of sleep. I marked 5 stars for "sleep quality," but I don't think I would have if I had not brought along a little fan to make background noise because the building seems to have thin walls and doors. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone who happens to be traveling on a budget and has high standards.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business