“It was okay.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oregon Trail Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baker City
Oregon Trail Motel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Tigard, Oregon
“It was okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Cool looking little joint. Reminded me of something I would have found in Las Vegas someplace. The room immediately reminded me of something out of an 80's horror flick. hahahahahaa. It was very clean, neat. The beds were SO unbelievably uncomfortable that I hardly slept. SO firm that was hip/shoulder/arm would fall asleep and go numb and I would wake up in pain. That was the frustrating part. Other than that, pretty decent and VERY nice people.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Youngsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

I arrived after dark,and was greeted by a very friendly lady in the office.The room was done in a 50's decor,and had three pictures of Marilyn Monroe over the bed,and one across from the foot of the bed.Everywhere I looked I saw Marilyn.There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room,along with a very comfortable bed.The room and bath were very clean,and it was quiet at night.There was a room off the office that had coffee,tea,etc available 24hrs.Upon check in,I was given a ticket for a choice from three free breakfasts,or $1 off any other menu item from the cafe next door.I have to disagree with the earlier review that thought this wasn't worth much,as they thought the three free ones didn't amount to much.The free breakfast I picked consisted of 2 eggs,2 sausage,hashbrowns,and 2 pieces of wheat toast.The same thing with only 1 egg,was $4.99 on the menu.Yes,I had to pay extra for coffee,but it was only 99 cents,with unlimited refills,and the waitress never let it get less than half empty.This stop was one of many in a 2 week 5300 mile road trip,and I would rate it the best value of the whole 2 weeks.Plus,I got to sleep with Marilyn Monroe.Not many men can say that,especially a 73 year old.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jim53F
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

I don't understand the poor review given by another guest... The room was very clean and comfortable..Staff was super friendly and the free breakfast is not just a plate of rolls and microwaved food..it is an excellent homestyle meal at the onsite restaurant that makes this an even greater deal! Yes it is a little dated but not anything like a couple others in town that I checked out in town..After looking around this was the best for what you pay for! They offer a discount if you are visiting powder river correctional faucility which is very thoughtful when this is obviously not a pleasure trip! I was more than impressed and this will be the only place in town I will return to! I can put my own mint on my pillow if need be :) They only charge 5.00 for a pet and did not charge extra when my dog had a litter of puppies in the room!!

Room Tip: We requested a downstairs room for easy access to office and ice/ coffee ... they have a area for p...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Logan, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed the night here on the way home from the coast. The rooms are very dated and the mattresses are as hard as a rock. Walls are paper thin so we could hear every word our neighbors said. Would not stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joncall

Travellers are raving about these Baker City hotels

Red Feather Lakes, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

After reading reviews for motels in Baker City we chose the Oregon Trail motel. It was a great value for the price. The lady at the desk was friendly enough at chech-in. But u realized how helpful she was after 4 visits back to the desk for change for washing to shampoo(which she gave to me), to buying laundry soap($1.50 for large container!!) and a hair dryer. As u can see we needed to do laundry and they had a nice room with 2 washers and dryers. But what I liked most was you had a key you used to gain entrance and you felt very safe going back and forth and in the room by yourself with the door locked.
Our room was basic, but clean. It had a good bed and large nice towels in the bathroom, plus the heat and TV worked fine.
The breakfast that comes with the room is more than nice. A full ate of food of your choice from three choices. What a deal to start your day!!!
So if you want a good price, good breakfast, a good dinner this is the place. Just don't expect a Holiday Inn atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Liz K
Visalia, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We found this place through Trip Advisor. We were looking to save some money and we found the solid and consistent reviews for the Oregon Trail to be reassuring enough that we were willing to try it.

We're glad we did.

The motel is an older 1960s property, but is well maintained and very clean.

Here's the quirky part: The rooms are furnished in a way that reminded us of the spare bedroom at a relative's house. The furniture is a little older, and the bedding, curtains, decor, etc. is non-standard and varies from room to room. I mean all of this in a good way. It was VERY clean and the result was a sort of hominess that you don't usually find in a motel.

The room had a refrigerator and microwave, which is always a plus.
The bathroom in our room was very large and in good condition.
They also had a laundry room, which was important since we were on an extended trip.

The room includes breakfast at the on-site restaurant, which was pretty good and very convenient.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank GoSeeCal
Renton, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed at the Oregon Trail Motel after running through Hells Canyon. What a cute place! CLEAN, nice pool, friendly staff! Don't miss this place on the way through Baker City. We got in late and there is not much available in the way of food... which surprised me for the size of the city. The motel is with in walking distance to main street downtown. Good location.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends