I read some of the other reviews. I don't know what other folks are complaining about. This was a very nice place to stay.
I was in Building 1 (of five) with a west-facing room on the upper floor. The view wasn't impressive, but I could see quite a bit of the surrounding area. In Buildings 1, 2, and 4, the windows in the odd-numbered rooms face outward so you can see farther; the even-numbered rooms face inward toward the courtyard and pool. Building 3 is the opposite of that, and I didn't see Building 5.
My room was a good distance from the freeway. With the windows closed, if I turned off all sources of noise in the room and listened very carefully, I could just barely hear the vehicles going by. I was near the largest part of the parking lot, so I did notice a semi pull in or pull out on occasion, but they were still far enough away that it didn't bother me.
The room was clean. Sure, it could use a dusting in some of the high corners, and the bathtub might be due for a deep scrubbing instead of the usual sanitizing wipe-down, but I found absolustely nothing in the room to complain about. The bed was clean; the sheets were fresh; the bathroom was just what I expect in a room like this. The TV worked. The easy chair was a good place to set up my laptop and do some work. The Wi-Fi worked without any difficulty at all. I didn't use the balcony (too cold) or the pool (definitely too cold), but I didn't see anything wrong with those either. The in-room heater wasn't any better or worse than most others I've met.
Obviously, this building is not new. However, it is also obvious to me that the owners are trying to keep it up and, in some cases, even fix it up.
Here are the few small things that make me give this place a 4/5 rating instead of a 5/5.
- The pillows on my bed were unusually small (though extras were available in the room).
- The Closed Captioning on the TV didn't work, and it appeared to be disabled. I didn't need it, but I like to use it.
- No free breakfast. There was free coffee and cookies (which I didn't try) in the lobby, and I did get a $2-off coupon for the attached restaurant, though.
Those are all really minor things. I still like this place. Those tiny annoyances would not stop me from returning.
Bottom line: I don't know where these complainers were staying. The Sunridge Inn at Baker City was a nice place. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, and I have no hesitation recommending this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Sunridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Sunridge Hotel Baker City
- Best Western Baker City
- Baker City Best Western