“Mixed feelings”

Best Western Sunridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have stayed at this property many times when we travel from WA to UT and back. The rooms have been adequate, but not outstanding. Lately I the rates have been higher than in the past, partially due to a change in pet charge policy to $10 per pet (it was previously a flat $10 rate for pets) but I also get the feeling that they are trying to raise their rates higher for a property that is essentially unchanged. On my last stay, we had to push hard to get the same rate that we paid a week prior. Also, the WiFi is marginal -- very slow. I will stay here a few more times but will be looking for improvement on these issues and if necessary we will start considering staying in other cities along the highway.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Hi Warren K,

My name is Rhonda & I am the Director of Sales for the Best Western Sunridge Inn. First and foremost, I would like to personally Thank You for your continual support and for your review. There is a couple of things that I am sure you will love to hear. We are in the process of remodeling several of our buildings. We are an older place but we are striving to make it better.
I checked our Policy on the Pet fee, it is $10.00 per day and not per pet and we charge this due to the extra cleaning required. I hope that you will give us a chance and would love to see you again. Our courtyard is beautiful in the summer. Thank You again.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

These people were gracious enough to give us a a room with our little pet (MIss Molly) who has never given us or any hotel we have stayed at any problem at all. To night though the people who were in Room 274 had a "Barker" left there dog in there room we sat here for at least an hour while they did what ever..............people if you have a barker when you go to eat or what ever put your dog in your car so as not to bother the other guests or there pets! This is a very nice hotel I would hate to see them not allow pets because of people like you who don't seem to care if your dog bothers others. Well enough about that...........I would like to say this is an exceptional Hotel with a very nice Restaurant and lounge.....come stay and enjoy as we did!!!!

Room Tip: They don't have room service I hit it by mistake. They have truck parking and very good rates, y...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Hi Rusty,

My name is Rhonda & the Director of Sales for the Best Western Sunridge Inn and would like to personally Thank You for your recent review and Stay with us. I am so sorry to hear about your neighbors with a barking pet, we love our pets at the Sunridge and it bothers us when they get left for to long. We look forward to seeing you again & for your future visit, we have a beautiful Courtyard in the summer and outside Patio for dinning.
Thank You again!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I was with a group of friends on the way to Boise to watch the Davis Cup match between Serbia and US. Being from Victoria, Baker City was a convenient stop past the mid-point of our trip. We arrived after midnight and set out early next morning so did not really have too much time but our stay was pleasent. The Front Desk promptly responded to our request for a cot. BW beds and pillows are always great, I have stayed in many BW properties and was never disappointed with sleep quality. The restaurant looked pleasent but we did not have time for breakfast. Overall, great location, great value, I would stay there again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank SinishaI

Hi Sinishal,

My name is Rhonda and I am the Director of Sales for this Best Western.
I would like to thank you for stopping at our place. For future visits, I would like to invite you to try our restaurant that has a great atmosphere. Try any of our omelette's that are real good & for dinner we have a great Prime Rib.
Thank You again for chosing us to stay with.

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Needed to stay in the area for business recently. Your options in this general area are to stay in Baker City or Ontario, ID. This hotel is convenient to the highway and check in and out was friendly. The restaurant(s) attached were both great and had a good breakfast offering both days of my stay. My room was OK for the price. The walls are very thin, so hope that you're not next to a noisy person. The bathroom and bedding was clean but the room smelled very musty and drove my allergies crazy. For the price, though, it wasn't bad. Beautiful area overall. Hotel is a decent value if you're in town.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hi Philadelphia,

My name is Rhonda & I am the Director of Sales for this Best Western.
Thank you for your recent stay with us. Sorry to hear about your allergies, I know that is no fun. For your next stay, ask for building one or two. These are the newest remodeled rooms, maybe that will help.We have plans in the next couple of years to remodel all the rest of our rooms.
Thank You for chosing us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is an easy stop from the highway and has five buildings of accommodation, plus a very decent restaurant and lounge. Some of the rooms have not been updated and are quite tired. They also had old style CRT televisions, rather than flat screen HD (this was in late March). The newer rooms, however, are very modern and attractive and have updated televisions (ie in building #4). (You may have to request an updated room, as I did based on previous experience.) All rooms and hotel overall were very clean.
Food in the restaurant was quite good and staff in all areas were friendly and assistive.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated/newer room if you want modern furniture and a flat screen TV.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Hi Cherbal,

My name is Rhonda & I am the Director of Sales for this Best Western.
Thank You for your continual support by staying with us. Since the last time you have stayed, you will be happy to know that almost every room has Flat screen tv's.
Also in the next two years, we will be remodeling all the rest of our rooms. We are excited about this. Thank You again for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I read some of the other reviews. I don't know what other folks are complaining about. This was a very nice place to stay.

I was in Building 1 (of five) with a west-facing room on the upper floor. The view wasn't impressive, but I could see quite a bit of the surrounding area. In Buildings 1, 2, and 4, the windows in the odd-numbered rooms face outward so you can see farther; the even-numbered rooms face inward toward the courtyard and pool. Building 3 is the opposite of that, and I didn't see Building 5.

My room was a good distance from the freeway. With the windows closed, if I turned off all sources of noise in the room and listened very carefully, I could just barely hear the vehicles going by. I was near the largest part of the parking lot, so I did notice a semi pull in or pull out on occasion, but they were still far enough away that it didn't bother me.

The room was clean. Sure, it could use a dusting in some of the high corners, and the bathtub might be due for a deep scrubbing instead of the usual sanitizing wipe-down, but I found absolustely nothing in the room to complain about. The bed was clean; the sheets were fresh; the bathroom was just what I expect in a room like this. The TV worked. The easy chair was a good place to set up my laptop and do some work. The Wi-Fi worked without any difficulty at all. I didn't use the balcony (too cold) or the pool (definitely too cold), but I didn't see anything wrong with those either. The in-room heater wasn't any better or worse than most others I've met.

Obviously, this building is not new. However, it is also obvious to me that the owners are trying to keep it up and, in some cases, even fix it up.

Here are the few small things that make me give this place a 4/5 rating instead of a 5/5.
- The pillows on my bed were unusually small (though extras were available in the room).
- The Closed Captioning on the TV didn't work, and it appeared to be disabled. I didn't need it, but I like to use it.
- No free breakfast. There was free coffee and cookies (which I didn't try) in the lobby, and I did get a $2-off coupon for the attached restaurant, though.

Those are all really minor things. I still like this place. Those tiny annoyances would not stop me from returning.

Bottom line: I don't know where these complainers were staying. The Sunridge Inn at Baker City was a nice place. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, and I have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Buildings 1 and 2 are farther from the freeway. Upper floor may be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Hi Hawaiian Shirts,

My name is Rhonda the Director of Sales for the Best Western Sunridge Inn.
Thank You for your recent stay with us and your positive comments. We are always striving to make our property better. In the next couple of years we are planning to remodel a couple of buildings. Next time you stop by, I would like to invite you to try our restaurant out. We have really good omelettes and yummy Prime Rib.
Thank You again and Have a wonderful day.