“Never again...”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Central Oregon
“Never again...”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My room was paid for by my employer, so I don't know the price, stayed for 3 nights. Spider webs adorned the room, spiders in the room. No joke, I killed 14 spiders the first 2 days! The desk staff was nice and accommodated me with a new room in a different building. 2 more spiders killed in that room. I was told that it was "the season" for spiders to migrate indoors due to cold nights, but that is why you pay a good pest control company. In my travels I have never seen anything like it for a place of business with a decent reputation like the Best Western chain. I didn't expect anything grandiose, I can even deal with 1 or 2 spiders, but 16 is too many for 3 nights. I will not stay in this particular hotel again. Poor sleep due to spider issue (I hate spiders!).

1 Thank vacationaholic
Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Hi Vacationaholic,

Thank You for your recent review and stay with us. I am so sorry to hear about the spiders. It is the time of year for them but I truly understand your concern. I hate spiders to so that would be a deal breaker for me to. Please think about trying us out again maybe during the spring or summer. Feel free to call me personally and let me get you set up with a better stay with us.
Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Sisters, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We decided to add this to our trip and was very glad we did. Clean. Non Smoke. Theresa was awesome at the desk. The food was good and lots of it. Cookies at night were great. Be sure to stay there when you are going through Baker and be sure to see the Oregon Trail. 5 miles away. Loved it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Hi Rod S,

Thnak you for your recent review and stay with us. The staff loves to hear when they are doing a good job. I noticed you checked out the Oregon Trail, next time try the Museum just a few blocks from us. They have some great exhibits also.
Thank You again and have a great day!
Rochester,WA
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very nice place would recommend it to anyone who likes clean comfortable accommodations, Nice restaurant, plenty to see.....You will enjoy your stay!! We have stayed twice now and would return again if the time was right.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Hi Rusty1Rochester,

Thank You for your continal support and staying with us at the Best Western Sunridge Inn. It is nice to see repeat customers that we welcome as part of our friendly family.
Make sure when you get the chance to try our hot & delicous Prime Rib. We look forward to seeing you again and Thank You!
Asotin, WA
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I travel for business and the Best Western Sunbridge is close to amenities, dining etc. The staff have always been great at meeting needs and friendly. I usually just wander over for supper in their restaurant as I've driven a long ways during the day. The food is average every day food, prices are ok. Great place to have breakfast for dinner!!

Good Morning Twistedtoylady,

Thank You for staying with us and your recent review. We love our repeat customers! It is good to know that you have found our place a good place to stay. Maybe next time, check out some of our package deals that can include tickets to the Museum or Ski lift tickets in the winter.
Thank You and Have a Great day!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The room was $200 a night w/ hot tub , the room was dusty , spider webs on curtains spiders in room!! The furniture had stains, . The restaurant was not any better! Had dinner & after that I had to stay I'm the restroom most of the night!!! Not sure if this has to do with the water or the food. Read about recent water issues in the town, but we were not informed of the issues.
Way over priced , expected to have a Clean room & decent food!! No more best westerns in my future.

• Stayed October 2013
Good Afternoon Ljbs2000,

First and foremost I would like to Thank You for staying with us and letting us know how you feel. I would like to personally apologize for the condition of the room. This is by no means acceptable and not the way we do busy.
I would love to discuss this with you and see what we can do to earn your business again.
Thank You and will look forward to hearing from you. My number is 541-523-6444
United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Average hotel. Friendly staff. First room was infested (not exaggerating) with little black spiders (bldg 2). Switched room to building 3 and it was much nicer. No spiders. Would stay there again. A continental breakfast would be nice. Coffee was terrible and no flavored creamer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Hi Jocelyn W,

Thank You for your recent stay and review of our Property. I would like to let you know that we are working on some remodeling of our place in the next year or so and would love for you to come back for a visit to check us out. We have thought about a continental breakfast and will work on that. Our staff thanks you for your business.
Have a wonderful day and Thank You again!
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Outdated and behind the times. Starting with stale cookies at the counter followed by no exercise room and no continental breakfast. Dirty, antiquated, and just missed the mark. The pool was closed at 7 pm despite the sign saying it closed at 9 pm.

Room Tip: Look for another place or negotiate lower price. This place is below standards.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hi Craig-loly,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review and stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and would love to have a second chance to make that up to you.
Our cookies usually are Hot and Yummy. For future reference, we are in the planning stages of remodeling some of our rooms. Please feel free to call me personally and see what we can do to make your next stay a success. 541-523-6444