“Great Motel on our Snowbird Travels” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Sunridge Inn

Best Western Sunridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
SECHELT
“Great Motel on our Snowbird Travels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great staff at front desk. The hotel was easy to find from the freeway. The room was clean, comfortable, just as you would expect and it was quiet. The only disappointment was that the onsite restaurant was closed for Thanksgiving....so we had to have our first American Thanksgiving dinner at the truck stop across the street from the hotel. Fortunately the meal was good, but it was disappointing that the website did not advised their restuarant would be closed for the holiday.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hi ColleenH,

Thank You for your recent review and stay with us. I am sorry that the Restaurant was not open for you to enjoy. I will personally make sure the Web-site notes the two times a year that we are closed, Thanksgiving and Christmas. We hope that you enjoyed your time here and look forward to seeing you again.
Happy Holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

We were driving through Baker City and needed a place to crash. This was a really good deal and the accommodations were clean and comfy. It was a little different than other hotels because you check in at one building then drive around to a separate disconnected building. The door to the building was also not locked which was okay because there were two of us but I would not have been comfortable with that if I was staying there by myself as a woman.

Good Morning Ladyerica,

Thank You for your recent stay and review of our place. We like to hear that the rooms are clean but sorry that you would not feel safe if traveling by yourself. Being a Woman myself, that is very important. I will check into what can be done about the Locks going into the Buildings.
Thank You again and Have a Happy Holidays!
Hermiston, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

No spiders , no dust bunnies , no cobwebs , just a decent Best Western - Well , except for the room above us was peopled by Cowboy Line Dancers apparently! No breakfast at the restaurant due to it being Thanksgiving ... And they have their water repaired! So , not a bad night's rest on the road...

Hello Rust-E-Junque,

Thank You for checking us out even though some of the negative reviews. We strive hard to make our place clean and comfortable for our guest. Sorry to hear about the Line dancers upstairs, you never know how noisey the neighbors are going to be.
Have a Happy Holidays and Thank You again!
North Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

If you have stayed here before, you know not to expect the same quality as newer hotels.

If you have never stayed here before, I will try to be as factual as I can.

This is more like a "travel lodge" or "motor inn". It has a central courtyard, but all rooms are accessible from the parking lot and not through a secure door. It has the feel of a truck stop hotel.

This hotel is very old and not updated. The beds might be newer, as they are comfortable. The room color, furnishings and overall feel is very old. This is fine for me traveling on my own when I am too tired for the extra 2 hr drive north or south to a nicer hotel. I would not bring my family, not that I would not feel safe, but that this would not be ideal for fun family time.

If you are accustomed to the complimentary bottle of water at checkin for being a member of their rewards program, you may be surprised that they do not do this here. It is a business decision I am sure, but just one of the niceties they do not offer.

I normally do not give a bad review. I come from a home where you don't say anything if you don't say something nice. This, however, is not being mean or not nice, just factual.

I have stayed here before, but this was by far my worst experience. The checkin was fine, then I got to my room. The chair was so soiled and dirty, it looked like an old discarded one from an abandoned lot or crack house. I would strongly recommend that the management either clean these professionally, or get rid of them. To leave this in my room was like telling me to just put up with it, that's the "best" they got and they know it, and don't care how it looks! I hung my coat on the old style wooden hangers that are worn to the bare wood, and kept "grabbing" the material. I thought splinters would end up in my clothes. Again, management, either sand these down and put a little varnish to make them smooth, or replace them with clean plastic hangers. To leave them is again telling me to put up with it.

I have never had a problem with cleanliness, but this room not only had the soiled chair looking like a biological spill, but one of my towels was hanging with a large yellow stain on it. I did not use it, and checked the ones I did use, but I have never felt I had to check the towels to ensure they were clean. I did pull it down so no other traveler would have to deal with it.

The shower head is over 6 feet high. I am 5'11" and I had a problem with how high it was. Again, ok for me, but if I was traveling with my wife and children, it would have been difficult for them being shorter. Hair dryer is halfway pulled out of the wall. Wifi had issues getting logged on, but did work fine afterwards.

Breakfast coupons are for a free drink, and $2 off at the adjoining Sunridge Restaurant. Food there was good, but again, if you are accustomed to even the light continental breakfast at other Best Westerns, it is a nicety not offered here. Again, not a big deal for me, but could make a big difference when traveling with family and going from free continental to a $30 to $40 breakfast even with the $2 off coupons.

I will Likely stay here again on business. It was not horrendous when I am by myself, and I can work around the clean issues that have not been that bad in the past. Also the beds are comfy and that is most important when I travel. However,I would not take my family here, nor my Boss when traveling.

Room Tip: All rooms are virtually alike. Just don't be too "polite" or lack the guts to ask for...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brad H
Hello BradH,

I hope this email finds you well. Thank You for taking the time to review our place. I can see we have alot of work to do to prove to you that we are the place to bring your family. I would like to talk with you personally the next time you pass by on business and show you the variety of rooms we have to offer.
Thank You again and Have a Happy Holidays
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Great staff, friendly and helpful. We had a pet friendly room and it was very nice. Security doors were not working at rear building, but otherwise things were great. Nicest hotel is Baker City. Along prices are higher than most other hotels they have great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Gooorning Tmitchell,

Thank You for your recent review and stay with us. It is always great to hear that we are doing a good job. Next time you are in Baker City, ask about some of the packages that we have. All the staff would like to wish you a Happy Holidays!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

The service and room quality is first quality. The restaurant offers a wide selection of foods. Breakfast was outstanding. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Pet friendly as well. Great area to exercise dogs.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Hi Clc,

Thank You for your recent stay and review of our place. I noticed you had a picture of a Snow Boarder on your profile, Did you know that we offer packages that include Ski Lift tickets to Anthony Lakes that has some great Powder? All the Staff would like to wish you and your family a Happy Holidays!
Yakima, Washington, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice place to stay in Baker. Rooms were quiet ,clean . Bed comfortable. Some rooms have fridge and microwave but you have to request to be in one of those. Staff is friendly and helpful. No complimentary breakfast but there is a restaurant on site

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Good Morning Ron G,

Thank You for taking the time to stay and write a review of our place. Next time you should try a trip in the summer. The weather is great and our Courtyard is beautiful. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more pleasant, feel free to call.
Have a wonderful Holidays!