“Great stopover - clean, friendly and comfortable”
Review of Inn at Old Town

Inn at Old Town
Ranked #3 of 9 Bandon B&B and Inns
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Great stopover - clean, friendly and comfortable”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We arrived in Bandon in early evening without a reservation and were pleased we got a room at the Inn at Old Town - the room was large, clean and the bed was really comfortable. Another bonus was the shower which was really powerful.

We would definitely stay here again if we were passing by, it was perfect for a stopover on the trip down the coast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KSud

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lakeport, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Motel is Old but clean, new paint in the room. Ruby is a great host. Yes it is on the hwy, after dark it gets quiet. I will stay there again. My boys and I plan a bike trip later in the year this will be a must stop. PS For me I don't need NEW but I need CLEAN!

3 Thank Oldfarmer88
Oregon
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We brought my daughter to Bandon as a birthday treat, and I just wanted something inexpensive for 1 night. The Inn at Old Town was the best deal in town, and we were all very happy with our stay here. We were thrilled to find out it is right across the street from Old Town. The owners were very nice and since it is a small property, we felt like they knew us personally. We got the room with the bunk beds, which allowed each of my kids to have their own bed, a real plus to them!! (Can you say "blanket hog"-they can!) LOL The room was very clean, (and 2 of us are former hotel housekeepers, so believe me-we check!) and was plenty large enough. It came with a mini fridge, a micro, and a table and chairs for eating or playing board games. And honest-to-goodness- I have never in all my almost 53 years slept in a more comfortable motel bed! Ruby said they had just put on some kind of new mattress topper on them, I felt like I was in my bed at home! My favorite part was the upstairs deck, which offered partial views of the harbor and Old Town. It was furnished with comfy adirondack chairs, and has trees and a green hillside backing the deck, which makes it both pretty and private, and feels secluded. (It's a peaceful and quiet place to enjoy 'smores!) Eventhough the motel is situated right on 101, we heard hardly any traffic past 10 pm, and heard nothing during the night. They have 2 rooms upstairs in the back, which are not facing the highway, so these would be even quieter. These rooms only have 1 bed, however, so wouldn't work for a family. The Inn at Old Town is simple, not fancy, but friendly, nicely decorated, and clean. I realized we could almost stay 2 nights here for the price we payed at out former motel. I have already booked again for our next trip to Bandon. We were all delightfully pleased with this little charmer. Enjoy!

2 Thank Makelifefun
Papua
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This older hotel is under new management and has been refurbished and remodeled. We stayed in a room with a queen bed and a set of bunk beds. The room was SO spacious! We were a bit concerned that, with all the beds crammed in the room, there wouldn't be much room for moving around. We were wrong! We payed the same price for another hotel, with only 2 double beds and not nearly the living space!! I give great praise for the size of this room.

I was also impressed by the decor... wall paper and pictures to match the bedding... cute!

The TV worked well, and there was a fridge in the room, larger than what you typically get when staying in rooms like this.

The room was very cold when we arrived because the management like to keep costs low by conserving energy. We turned the heat up and within 10 minutes the room was cozy and warm. :-)

The only down side to this whole thing was that, even though the reservation was for four people, we were only given two sets of towels and two mugs. No drinking glasses available, but we were able to get two more mugs from the office. Also, we knew there would be no internet in the room, but the hotel information folder in the room told us we could use internet at the office. We checked at the office several times in the morning, until nearly 9am, but no one was there!! We finally had to get back on the road without checking our email...

Still, I would highly recommend this place, and I will definitely stay again if I'm ever back in Bandon.

2 Thank ourzoo
innatoldtown, Owner at Inn at Old Town, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we truly appreciate your review. Our guest books will be updated immediately to reflect that we indeed have FREE WI-FI in all of our rooms. However, when making a reservation or at check-in we try to always inform our guests. We apologize for neglecting to give you this information at check-in.

In rooms with multiple beds there are 4 complete sets of towels, 2 large bath towels, 2 small bath towels, 4 hand towels, and 4 washcloths. The 2 small bath towels fold down small so it may not appear to look like 4 sets. If ever there is anything our guest needs we always try to accommodate as best we can, so please ask. We are available by phone when not in the office.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review, as it helps us better serve our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
gold hill oregon
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I decided to go to this motel because it was reasonably priced and within walking distance of where I wanted to go in Bandon. I'd been to Bandon twice and had stayed in the one that accomodates large groups of people. I get there and everything is smooth in check in. I get my room key and get my luggage and go to my room. I enter it and am very impressed by the room at first. I put my stuff down and decide to look in the bathroom. Much to my dismay I discover it only has a shower. I go back to the office and ask about it and the lady says I didn't ask for a room with a tub and that only 2 of their rooms have tubs and they are all full.

I said it should say on the web if most of the rooms have just showers as I have not stayed at hotels that didn't specify. (I stayed at a motel in Canyonville that described the rooms but I ended up with the room with a shower because my room had just had it's carpet replaced.) She offered to upgrade my room for an extra $25 charge each night. I said I'd have to think about it. I decided to stay in the room as it was a good value and it was just two nights.

The next day after church I came back to my room to get a book to read on the beach. I was very surprised to see that my room had been 'cleaned'. The bedspread was just thrown back on. My cup was still by the sink and the towels were folded. Very surprised to say the least.

I'm not sure I will be coming back to this motel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Portland
Reviewed 28 April 2008

We woke up Saturday morning with an urge to go to the coast. NOW! I called around and most of the hotels were very expensive, until I found this place. Their pictures on the web site looked OK, but what clinched it was the wonderful Ruby who runs the place. She had all the information I needed and was happy and responsive. We got there in late afternoon and I'd spent the day worrying about a $50 room - was it going to be dirty, smelly, flea infested?? And we found a clean well kept room with no smells or fleas! No frills, but what do you want? The location is great, right accross the street from Old town Bandon and we wandered around and found dinner and a bar.. Can't reccomend the bar as there were five people in it singing Kareoke badly. =0)
Nice room, great service.

• Liked — Clean and cheap
  • Disliked — Some loud road noise, not enough to be a huge problem, but there.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Travelblonde
roseville,ca
Reviewed 6 March 2007

My friend and I were on a quick trip to Bandon and decided to stay at the inn at old town in Bandon..It worked out for us..it was clean and very good walking distance to all of old town..we had lots of fun and would stay there again...I talked to the hotet staff myself so knew what to expect when we got there and it was exactly as they said...All in all a good place to stay...Thanks for a clean room and good service..
A happy traveler

Stayed September 2006
4 Thank 83045
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Lighthouse Cove Inn
Lighthouse Cove Inn
#7 of 12 in Bandon

Been to Inn at Old Town? Share your experiences!