“Very misleading website”

Ranked #3 of 9 Bandon B&B and Inns
gold hill oregon
“Very misleading website”
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I decided to go to this motel because it was reasonably priced and within walking distance of where I wanted to go in Bandon. I'd been to Bandon twice and had stayed in the one that accomodates large groups of people. I get there and everything is smooth in check in. I get my room key and get my luggage and go to my room. I enter it and am very impressed by the room at first. I put my stuff down and decide to look in the bathroom. Much to my dismay I discover it only has a shower. I go back to the office and ask about it and the lady says I didn't ask for a room with a tub and that only 2 of their rooms have tubs and they are all full.

I said it should say on the web if most of the rooms have just showers as I have not stayed at hotels that didn't specify. (I stayed at a motel in Canyonville that described the rooms but I ended up with the room with a shower because my room had just had it's carpet replaced.) She offered to upgrade my room for an extra $25 charge each night. I said I'd have to think about it. I decided to stay in the room as it was a good value and it was just two nights.

The next day after church I came back to my room to get a book to read on the beach. I was very surprised to see that my room had been 'cleaned'. The bedspread was just thrown back on. My cup was still by the sink and the towels were folded. Very surprised to say the least.

I'm not sure I will be coming back to this motel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Portland
Reviewed 28 April 2008

We woke up Saturday morning with an urge to go to the coast. NOW! I called around and most of the hotels were very expensive, until I found this place. Their pictures on the web site looked OK, but what clinched it was the wonderful Ruby who runs the place. She had all the information I needed and was happy and responsive. We got there in late afternoon and I'd spent the day worrying about a $50 room - was it going to be dirty, smelly, flea infested?? And we found a clean well kept room with no smells or fleas! No frills, but what do you want? The location is great, right accross the street from Old town Bandon and we wandered around and found dinner and a bar.. Can't reccomend the bar as there were five people in it singing Kareoke badly. =0)
Nice room, great service.

• Liked — Clean and cheap
  • Disliked — Some loud road noise, not enough to be a huge problem, but there.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Travelblonde
roseville,ca
Reviewed 6 March 2007

My friend and I were on a quick trip to Bandon and decided to stay at the inn at old town in Bandon..It worked out for us..it was clean and very good walking distance to all of old town..we had lots of fun and would stay there again...I talked to the hotet staff myself so knew what to expect when we got there and it was exactly as they said...All in all a good place to stay...Thanks for a clean room and good service..
A happy traveler

Stayed September 2006
4 Thank 83045
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2005

Inn at Old Town was conveniently located near "Old Town" but was right next to the highway, so it was noisy. The check-in lady gave us a downstairs room for no additional charge when we asked for it, even though it was a more expensive one, with a queen bed and bunk beds, too. The room was reasonably clean and the bathrooms were old but ok. We saw a dead pillbug in the morning on the floor near the bathroom. There wasn't a lot of space but the room was adequate. I'd recommend this as a budget lodging in Bandon.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank UK_Traveller3000
Reviewed 30 June 2003

Clean, older roadside motel. Traffic noise annoying. Location is superb for walking in Old Towne Bandon and is right on the ocean. Very friendly.

2 Thank Joe M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 May 2003

I came In November your worst storm since 1928.It was the owners of The Inn at Old Town who guided me through terrential downpours and wind from Portland to the Inn. They were not only kind, but caring people. The place was comfortable. affordable always clean and neat. I would stay there again and again. So close to everything.THANK YOUDellen- Hi Old Town Inn Thanks for everythingWill see you soon hopefully

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 September 2002

We arrived in town late in the evening. The Inn at Old Town, located right on the highway, was well lit and best of all it's open sign was on. Pulling into the parking lot we couldn't help but see the lady sitting at the front desk with a delightful smile on her face. The rooms were reasonably priced and much larger than we were expecting. Needless to say, we were pleasntly surprised at how clean and comfortable the room was. Not to mention the fact that we had a small refridgerator and microwave in the room! The Inn is a relatively small place (9 or 10 rooms I think) but the service was great. They went out of their way to answer all our questions and give us advice on where to eat and what the food and prices were like. They made us feel like we were the most important guests they had. Their taking time for small talk was delightfully unexpected. They made us feel right at home. We enjoyed our stay so much we decided to stay a couple of days before continueing or trip. Thanks Audrey, you made or stay in Bandon a memorable one!!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay
Lighthouse Cove Inn
Lighthouse Cove Inn
#7 of 12 in Bandon

Been to Inn at Old Town? Share your experiences!