“Excellent Golf Course”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bandon
Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Kyoto, Japan
“Excellent Golf Course”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My friend and I and our spouses visited Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in September and had a wonderful time. This area of Oregon is truly a golf destination. Our wives went along but did not play although my friend’s wife did caddy (at least she pulled his golf cart around for him). She wanted to see the course and the magnificent views of Oregon’s Pacific coastline. The views are stunning and the course marshals have no problem with spouses tagging along for the views.
The golf courses are superb (there are four 18-hole courses) and, having played them now, I believe that these courses truly merit their rankings in the top 100 Golf Magazine golf courses in the world. We stayed on site at Bandon’s resort facilities. The rooms were very good, not superb, but your there for the golf. All, and I do mean all, of the staff that we interacted with were professional, friendly, courteous, and helpful. The on-grounds restaurants were excellent and their wine lists featured many of the fine local boutique vineyards in Oregon.
If you are looking for a location with other attractions in addition to golf, you probably should seek different alternatives. Since our wives did not play golf, their in-the-area options were limited. That said, playing the four golf courses at Bandon Dunes is about as close to golf heaven as you are going to get on earth.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank William G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Neuburg, Germany
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my fourth or fifth trip to the best place on earth to play golf. Of course everybody come her to play the collection of outstanding golf courses. But also the resort is a great place. The Lilly Pond rooms are perfect for two or more. Service is more tag perfect, good restaurants. I love this place and will come back soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank stefanl70
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Our Bandon Dunes experience was different because although I love golf we weren't there for the golf. We took a vacation driving up the coast and stopped one night at Bandon Dunes.

The scenery is beautiful. It is a striking place.
The hiking trails are fun. We did the hiking loop that goes north and overlooks the golf courses in the morning before we left.
We stayed in the Inn. Which from what I could tell is very similar in quality, style and build out to the Lodge.
We ate at the bar. The night we got there.

My thoughts to add to all the other reviews is that is is obviously and distinctly a golf resort. It was a fine place to stop for a night on a trip up the coast but there isn't a lot to do there other than play golf. The caveat to that is that the town of Bandon has a cute downtown, a very scenic beach and there are some good hiking trails around, but I don't think you need more than a day to take most of that in.
I have also been to a number of different golf resorts and never been to one that was seemingly more male centric. Not sure entirely why or if it was just the people we saw at the bar or around the hotel, but it was 99% male. Maybe it was the time of year. I know that more men play golf than women but here it seemed even more exaggerated.

I would definitely recommend it to golfers anywhere. It is a golfers paradise and shockingly pretty. I would also recommend it to someone driving up the coast and staying for the night. But logically, I probably wouldn't recommend it to a family with one or 2 golfers and the rest non-golfers who were going on vacation.

Room Tip: My impression is the the rooms between the Lodge and the Inn were probably fairly comparable.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TripFan045
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I just completed my 10th trip to Bandon Dunes. All five courses are great. I love the discussions about which one is "best". I vote for Bandon Dunes.

The service is spectacular. The culture of good service permeates all aspects of the resort.

I have stayed in the Lodge, The Inn, Lilly Pond, and Chrome Lake. I recommend them all. The rooms are "northwest elegant" and very functional.

The restaurants offer different cuisine and are all very good. Try them all.

If you go, spend the extra and get a caddy. It makes a very good experience great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have been to Bandon five times -- after each trip, I marvel at the amazing golf and swear about how hard it is to get here. The golf is truly outstanding, and is clearly the best representation of true links golf on his side of the Atlantic. The rooms are not plush, but are large, very quiet, and provide all that you need for a trip that is entirely focused on golf. Beds are very comfortable. It should be noted, however, that room rates are VERY high for the moderate level of luxury provided. However, the service is very good and the total golf experience is one-of-a-kind.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both he Chrome Lake suites and the Inn -- rooms are generally comparable, but I pre...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KingofThreePutts
toronto
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The golf courses were over the top, as was the staff throughout the resort. This resort is all about golf and there is no better place to play golf than Bandon Dunes Golf Resort. There is little else to do but golf, no spa, no swimming pools, no shopping, just golf, golf and more wonderful golf. The staff at all the different golf courses, as well as in the various restaurants and accommodations are superb. There are several eating options, from the reasonably priced McPhee Pub and the Bar at the main lodge to the more upscale and expensive restaurant at Pacific Dunes and The Gallery. The food was excellent at all of these but compliments go to the management for providing an excellent buffet breakfast in the main lodge for $14. One never needs to use a car at the resort as there are shuttles that will drive guests to all the various courses and buildings. We never waited more than 2 minutes for one. The shuttles mean that one never has to worry about having a drink with dinner and then driving back to ones accommodation or getting lost. The resort is huge and the various dining options and accommodations are spread out and generally not a short walk.
Unfortunately, both my husband and I disliked our bedroom at The Inn. The furniture resembled cheap furniture from Ikea, the flat screen T.V was very small, although the bed was very comfortable. The bedroom was much more suited to one person than two people sharing. The wardrobe was very small and we only had one draw each for clothes. The shower, which was very large and toilet were in one room and had a very heavy noisy wooden door. The sink and vanity area were part of the bedroom, leaving no privacy and making it hard use without waking the other person.
Despite not having liked our bedroom, we had an outstanding stay and would not stay at any other hotel, should we be lucky enough to go back and play golf at Bandon Dunes.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a bedroom overlooking the golf course. If you only play 18 holes in a day, there is a lo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2013

In September of 2013, after years of just taking about it, We made the trip from Pinehurst, North Carolina to Portland, Oregon then drive to Bandon to play golf at the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort - and checked off another Bucket List item.

Bandon is not in the middle of nowhere - but it is very close. That is part of the the attraction. The primary draw for me was the 4 golf courses - and their walking only policy.

I would go back tomorrow if I could..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay
Plainview Motel & RV Park

Been to Bandon Dunes Golf Resort? Share your experiences!