“Better than Pebble”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bandon
Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Williams Lake, Canada
“Better than Pebble”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Best Golf Courses I ever played in my 30+ years of playing. Truest test of the game. Looking forward to playing Cabot Links/Cliffs in Cape Breton (same design)....... Make sure to get a caddie, and take the time to eat if you are not staying here.

Room Tip: If you are in an RV...the nicest campground from Astoria to Pebble is 4 miles south
Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 January 2014

After visiting Ireland for numerous golfing trips, I decided to take a side trip down to Bandon Dunes during a trip to Portland. It was well worth the drive. Upon approaching the resort, even though it was the middle of January, the weather was pleasant and there were many different groups of golfers about the property. I was assigned a room in their Lily Pond section, which would be great for two guys - double queen beds, large bathroom with separate sink areas and cable TV.

Planning on a longer trip there in the future.

Room Tip: Many different rooming options so groups have plenty of choices.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank m2swim
Hillsborough, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I wanted to take my 22 year old son away for a few days and we decided to try our hands at golf - and let me say we have not golfed in...many years!!

I called up the Director of Instruction, Grant Rogers, and he created a wonderful classic golf week for us. Our goal was to golf all 85 holes at the resort - and we did! The golfing is very challenging - add in the rain (pelting) and the wind (fierce) you have what turned out to be a wonderful memory making trip. I now understand 'links' golfing!

The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful - not one bad experience in our 5 days at the resort. From the shuttle drivers, to the restaurant servers all had a smile and were courteous. The food was solid and hearty - and very reasonably priced!

We stayed in the Chrome Lake area - we had a 2 bedroom unit which has a large living area and 2 separate bathrooms - it was the perfect accommodation for us.

I would absolutely go back and golf with Grant again - it really was a fabulous mother and son classic golf adventure! Thank you Grant!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Remembertoenjoy
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My family was fortunate enough to spend a weekend at Bandon Bunes for a junior golf tournament right before Christmas. We stayed in a Chrome Lake room which was really nice. Two king-sized beds, 1 1/2 bathrooms-very spacious. Fireplace, large windows/sliding glass doors, and even our own ice maker. I have visited the resort many times but this was my first stay on property and it did not disappoint.

The main restuarant in the Lodge is currently closed for remodling so Friday night we eat at McKees pub. Do yourself a favor and order the Chicken Pot Pie. It was the best chicken pot pie I've ever had! My son really enjoyed his personal pizza and my husband's fish & chips were good. As many have mentioned the breakfast buffet is incredible. Saturday night we ate dinner at Pacific. We really enjoyed our server Felipe who took excellent care of us. My son and I both had fresh fish and my husband a chicken dish. All 3 meals were incredible.

The reason for our trip was a junior golf tournament. On Saturday my son played Bandon Trails and on Sunday they had an adult/child event where they both got to play Old Mac. As a spectator I enjoyed walking both courses. Both are very different and very beautiful in their own way. A caddy is must for first timers like my son. "Blue Jay" really helped my son-especially with putting. The size of some of the greens on Old Mac are like nothing you've seen before so having a caddy is a huge benefit.

All three of us had a wonderful stay and my son is already looking forward to the same tournament next year!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Snowdogsmm
Chicagoland area
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I have played golf in some wonderful places (Ireland, Scotland) and this is the greatest place in the world. The courses are incredible. The golf staff is extremely friendly and knowledgable. I have stayed at the Inn and in a cabin. Both are nice, but I like being near the action, so I recommend the Inn. The one thing I would fix is the food. The food is not at the level of the rest of the resort.

Room Tip: Try and stay at the Inn
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Delmov
Irvine, California
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I visited Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in November and lucked out with great weather. My husband played the Pacific Dunes course and I walked with him. We enjoyed the foursome we were in and the course was beautiful . My husband did not have a caddy, but one of the golfers did. The caddy was nice and offered advise on occasion to the other three golfers with their game.

We only were able to stay one night at the resort and stayed at The Inn. The room was was very nice and overlooked the 18th green. The view was great! I was a little disappointed that it was more expensive for a room that has two beds, especially when I didn't need one, but it was all that was available when we booked our stay. I don't think I have ever stayed somewhere that charged you more because the room has two beds. (Not sure if it's not a couples destination so they can make more money by charging for two beds for two people or they just want to make more money; but I think their rates should be the same regardless of how many beds and just charge for additional occupancy over two in a room.) Otherwise, we had a wonderful stay. I'm sure we will return for a visit, but plan a little further in advance and get a room with one bed and save some money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Laura U
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at Bandon for 6 nights and played 5 rounds, plus the 13 hole par 3 course and the 18 hole putting set up (Punch Bowl) The GOLF WAS A PERFECT 10. We had the same caddy for all our rounds and he was really good and fun to be around. If you stay on site as we did (Lilly Pond room) its almost necessary to eat on site. However on 2 nights of 6 that we ate there they LOST OUR RESERVATIONS. The first night's dinner reservation had been made months in advance and reconfirmed 2 times (the latest was a week in advance) - however, we arrived to find they did not have it and the pub was full, we waited and eventually were seated. The second time we reconfirmed the day of the reservations, again none there, luckily we were able to rebook it. Go for the golf, but watch out for the restaurant reservations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mary n
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay

Been to Bandon Dunes Golf Resort? Share your experiences!