Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bandon
See available hotels
Bandon Inn(Bandon)
La Kris Inn(Bandon)
View Hotel
All reviewsold macdonaldchrome lakemckee's publily pondpractice facilitybucket listthe main lodgepro shoppacific grillfour courseshole parplayed holessecond roundlinks stylebunker barputting greengrove cottages
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

When my husband and I checked in we were offered a complimentary upgrade from a room at the Inn to a larger room at the resort's Lake View Chrome Lake Lodging, Room 451 (still on the property). That evening we had a fabulous dinner in the main restaurant, in the lodge, and really enjoyed the total ambience of the facility, along with a gorgeous view of the golf course and distant ocean. Unfortunately, the lumpy bed of our room was something that one could not overlook. We had two nights of this and, honestly, we don't understand how the resort could offer an upgrade that included such uncomfortable beds. Anyway, it was really disappointing to be at such a beautiful place and not be able to have a decent night's sleep. I would have liked to have given an overall rating of excellent, but I think a comfortable bed is important so must give an average rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A little background: I've golfed for 45+ years. I'm a 7 hdcp. I ONLY drive the ball 210 yds. I've tramped around courses in CA, OR, WA, etc. I've played Pacific Dunes, Bandon Dunes, and Bandon Trails( shot oddly enough, 77, on those courses). Old MacDonald may have been one of the WORST golf experiences I have EVER had. Here's why: took us as a 2 some, 5 hours to walk the course. NOBODY behind us, nobody in front of us. It was like the Bataan death march. My lady friend essentially gave up after 3 holes ( and she can break 90). The course is beautiful to look at, but it is fatally flawed. The fairways are links style, the greens are links style, but EVERY single hole is tricked up directly in front of the green. You CANNOT bounce the ball on ANY green like a links style course allows. It takes a high 2nd or 3rd shot on a windy course. Pot bunkers right in front, 10 foot deep swails in front of 400 yd par 4's, a huge hill in front of one par 4 hole which is impossible to clear(you have to ring a bell for the group behind you) with a hidden bunker behind the hill???? Listen, I shot 80, but they would have to PAY ME to play this monstrosity again. Trust me DO NOT fall the hype!

Room Tip: Do NOT play this course.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank g p
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have to say there are not too many places that are quite like this. The courses are well kept and reasonably playable. I am a 10 hdcp and playing from the green tees, one set in from the tips, and I shot in the mid eighties each day. The views are to behold particularly Pacific Dunes which was my favorite. I have played St Andrews Old Course, Doral, The Country Club at Brookline as well as many other well known venues and this was as pleasing as any and a shade less difficult. Pacific Dunes was the most unique not that there are any that will look familiar or that will dissapoint. The greens are typical of what you see on ocean courses and not what you would see at Brookline, meaning they can be a little inconsistent and patchy but reasonably slick with a lot of undulation particularly Old MacDonald (the most Scottish Style of the group and the longest from a playability standpoint). I would give Bandon 5 stars had it been easier to walk and an easier location to travel to. There is considerable elevation on many of the holes so wear your most comfortable footwear. I wish I had taken my Ecco shoes because my feet did get wet on the first day during one of the showers and both feet were severely blistered. We played 36 holes per day and my feet were a mess when I got home to the east coast. I am happy I had the opportunity and the blisters were worth it but I doubt I would go back. Not because the course wasn't rewarding because it was but more the grueling trip to get there. I flew from the east coast to PDX and we rented vans for the drive to Bandon. 4.5 hours on the road is a test that I am not sure I would make again. But I would still recommend this venue to any passionate golf enthusiast, just bring rain gear and comfortable waterproof shoes and make sure you are in shape to walk. (it can and did shower often at least while I was there but not a continuous soaker)

Room Tip: Stay at the Lodge, everything is in that building. Restaurants Bars etc I stayed at the Inn which was nice but a walk to the Lodge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bill T
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is what golf should be. Gorgeous views, four world-class challenging, natural courses, and people that are truly thankful for you being there (and tell you that). Best attitude I have ever seen from employees. The caddies were awesome, and the lodge was just what the four of us golfers needed. Shuttles take you everywhere if you need them (we had a car). Practice facilities are top-notch, with a full range, along with Shorty's (a fun little par three course).

Don't forget the new Punchbowl, a full 18 hole putting practice area the size of two football fields, and the Preserve, an awesome and fun 13 hole par three course.

Truly a bucket-list item for any golfer. Out of the way, of course, but worth the effort getting there (kind of like flying to remote locations to fish in Canada).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tallen01
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Finally went to Bandon after the trips was cancelled twice due to different reasons. It was as good as I anticipated. However, I went by myself and most people I met are come with a group of friends or family members. I was overwhelm the natural beauty and course design, I had the same caddie for all four days, Mr Robert Janus, who himself a very good golfer and offered me a lot of helpful information and made all my rounds more enjoyable. Except for those who went there for many times, I see no reason not to hire a caddie and in fact, you do not save any money if two golfers sharing one caddie because both golfer have to pay the same fee, which is between $80 to $100 per round per bag.
You have to play every single course and more than once is even better, but don't forget it is only walking and two rounds per days for three to four days can make you very fatigue at the end of the day. Being a golf member of one of the premier golf club ( hosted several US Open ), I am very impressed by the set up of the courses and the beautiful surrounding. It is as pure as it can be, very challenging and make you very humble after the first round. On the last day, I played the par 3 13 holes Bandon Preserve, it is a beautiful and wonderfully designed course and you do not want to miss that. Hotel accommodation is very comfortable and not luxury, food and golf items are pricy as expected but very good quality. Service is exceptional. I met people from Japan and Australia to golf here, and they also enjoy Bandon as much as I did. I plan to go back again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Lodge, it is where all the dinning facility located and where Bandon Dune start and end.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends