“Details”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bandon
Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A very nice resort with many surprises. Drove up to the lodge only to find no signs of where checkin desk is located. Baggage service is nonexistent. Rooms are very nice but no refrigerators. Views are great, shuttle service very frequent and drivers very nice. Servers nice places to eat. Prices for the offerings certainly inline. Wine list was really over priced but, a great list.
Golf speaks for itself, no questions on the ratings. All of them are truly some of the best!
A great experience they are just missing some of the details. Overall a great time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike P

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked 4 nights at the resort- a room at Chrome Lake. The room was about $420 a night. For that price, in the middle of the isolated Oregon coast, I expected a resort that would live up to it rating. Quite simply, on every level, it did not. First, the main thing one expects from a hotel is a decent bed...the beds here are horrid. Old, lumpy and uncomfortable. Next, location- while the grounds are pretty - golf oriented- there is zero privacy. There are two large windows in the room. I could look into the living area of the building next to me and the building in the other side had a view straight into my room and I had a view into his room. Unacceptable. How about putting in some privacy fenced between the buildings? Next, noise: there is an ice maker in the room. It turned on incessantly through the night waking both my husband and myself. And a nice maker but no amenity refrigerator? Crazy. Finally, the "decor": the rooms look like they have not been touched since the early 1990's- the decor is appallingly out of date. There was no safe in the room. The bathroom had a metal shelf and a metal rectangle bolted on the wall of the shower- I suppose this was to pass as a mirror. Though the room was decent size, there was only one arm chair in front of the TV- this in a room with two beds. Where is anyone else to sit? There are no balconies or patios. Soap and shampoo amenities were barely passable. I appreciate this is a golf resort, but it appears that the room rates are designed to subsidize the golf courses. And there is supposed to be a practice golf course- only problem it is located adjacent to the driving range so only three holes could be played as the other holes were closed due to the driving range. Took a walk on one of the "trails"- it was poorly marked and not maintained as gorse was all over the oath. The "labyrinth" is a paved circle - an absolute joke. Oh and there is no DVD in the room- if you want one you must rent it for $15. And this is in Oregon where rain is a fairly common occurrence. No A/C is available and it can get quite hot in Oregon during the summer- unless you stay in the Chrome Lake rooms you will not be able to get cross ventilation.No bikes are available. There is nothing here to do except play golf. And the green fees are not inexpensive and cancellation is not an option- you will be charged. After I complained about the horrible beds and noise from ice maker, Management credited part of our room charge as sleep was impossible. But to be frank the entire bill should have been waived as this hotel is so overrated. Also, zero insulation between rooms so you can hear people walking upstairs. I know this as my husband stayed here two nights last summer and was woken up by people upstairs walking. I made sure there was no one in room above us. This resort has no business being labelled luxury or even very nice. It is equivalent to a decent Best Western. It us a cheaply built resort. Too bad as the grounds are pretty. But management needs to buy new beds, safes for rooms, redo bathrooms, redo design of all rooms to bring it into 21st century. All I can think of other reviews that say this place is good us that it is a case if the emperor has no clothes- no one wants to speak the truth. We left after 2 sleepless nights. Management should be embarrassed to charge what they charge. A horrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank sftcat
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Son and I were here for 5 days and 4 nights to play golf on this beautiful resort. Golf was great and tough. Winds were brutal on the first 2 days. But the courses were fantastic. Restaurants and bars were great

Room Tip: All rooms are great at this Lily Pond Lodge...there are others like Chrome Lake Lodge and The Inn. T...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were really looking in forward to this bucket list destination but are disappointed. The Inn is noisy and not worth the very high rate. We played Pacific Dunes which is supposed to be the no 1 rated golf course per Golf Magazine, but you either have to have a caddy or take the 'rickshaws'. What a workout! They don't warn you that you need to take the rickshaws up stairs an many hills. Also, no signage! At one point we got lost! My advice, save your money and do another resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pat L
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It may not be cheap, but the best seldom is. We stayed for 7 days in two Chrome Lake rooms that were spacious and felt secluded in among tall pine trees. But the best is the golf at Bandon. Utterly spectacular -- and fun for all handicap levels. Don't miss the Punchbowl after play -- great fun -- and they serve drinks on the green!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

A True Bucket List item! Four Championship Link-style courses two par 3 courses, a putting course and full practice facility.

I stayed at the Inn and the rooms were spacious and warm. Muted colors with great amenities. Shower/Jetted Tub Combo. A short walk or shuttle to the Main Lodge.

The Dining is great whether you eat at the Lodge or head over to McKee's Pub! The Bunker is my favorite place post dinner to enjoy a cigar while playing cards with your favorite beverage.

This a great guy's trip where Golf is at the forefront but also for any golf lover. The courses are Challenging with the wind/rain element so unless you tighten up your game before you go let the natural beauty of the place take over.

The Caddies are awesome. Down to earth, my caddie was Jeff and he made all 36 holes I was with him better. I played better the first round compared to the second. He didn't skip a beat. He was very upbeat and when I made a great shot he was fired up.

The Staff at the whole Bandon Resort are gracious and kind. They will make sure to do all they can so that you have a wonderful experience.

This is my second trip and I will be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Everything at Bandon is perfect. The Chrome Lake accomodations, the golf, the staff. My second trip to Bandon and still wowed. McKees is the best restaurant on property. Enjoy a cigar and single malt at The Bunker Bar. Mill Casino is only a short drive if you want a little diversion from golf.
Caddies at the resort are with you for all your rounds. Very knowledgable and makes the rounds much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Chrome Lake lodges are excellent for a golfing group.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stanmcd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Lighthouse Cove Inn
Lighthouse Cove Inn
#5 of 12 in Bandon
Windermere on the Beach

Been to Bandon Dunes Golf Resort? Share your experiences!