“Amazing views”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Seaside Bungalow

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

raerat
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Amazing views”
Reviewed 8 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

The view is breathtaking! The kitchen is small but exceptionally well equipped. The bungalow is adequate for 2 - 3 adults and maybe 2 small dhildren, although I dont think I'd let anyone climb the ladder as it is 90 degrees to the floor and not safe. Also, there are no beds in the "loft", only 2 small foam pads and there is not enough room to even sit on the floor. Together, the loft pads made the futon bearable. The bedroom needs new bedding and linens. The sheets are about worn through. Plenty of towels, paper products, soap, a charcoal grill and tool set were great. The steps to the beach were more like ledges. We used the neighbors steps which were much easier. New bedding, upgraded TV, more comfortable pull out couch and this would be a 5 star cabin.

Date of stay: August 2015
Vancouver, Washington
“Magical Place”
Reviewed 17 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

Awesome location and adorable Bungalow. The only thing we wish you had at your Bungalow was a queen size bed that has a mattress and box spring. My husband and I our 55 years old and I had to sleep in the full bed alone and my husband on the futon couch bed. I'm sure if we were younger my husband wouldn't had felt the futon frame so much. We went in town to try and buy a blow up mattress but couldn't find one Even a mattress pillow topper would be nice to have on hand for older people.

Date of stay: March 2015
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
tteskey
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Location, location, location! It's an amazing thing to walk out the door down a few steps and be on the beach exploring.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

The house was great for our family of three. Our 7 year old son loved the loft. My husband and I decided to sleep on the futon in the living area so we could wake up to the sight of the ocean. It was wonderful despite the availability of a single wine glass and a shower that took some getting used to. Overall I would highly recommend this house. It really is RIGHT on the beach. We hope to be back! Bandon Stables, conveniently located across the street was a wonderful experience also!

Date of stay: June 2014
Liked best: The view.
Liked least: The shower.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
UT
Reviewed 19 March 2014 for a stay in September 2013

Date of stay: September 2013
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Obiron64
Beaverton, Oregon
“Almost perfect!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

I hate to write a glowing review, as I don't want this little treasure to become too popular.
The good;
Very clean, minimalist but nicely decorated, location, view, everything is as it appears in the photos. My 12 YO Daughter loved the loft. One of the most interesting beaches I've ever been to and I grew up going to beaches in CA, besides being on beaches in the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Washington & Oregon. Found very good basic breakfast at the cafe at the end of 2nd St, lots of choices. Enjoyed the farmers market especially Chubby Girl Cheesecake! Yum!
We were fortunate to enjoy sunny weather with lighting that produced some wonderful photos, only about 550!

The Bad;
Nothing that would discourage me from returning, but...
It could really use a privacy curtain of some kind for the window at the dinning area as that area is also where people come and go between the bathroom, bedroom, and loft. And, the kitchen window, of the quite close house next door, looks directly into that window. Next time I go I will bring a sheet and pushpins to provide that privacy.
Although I slept quite well the bed in the bedroom is a double, so might not work really well for big or tall people, fortunately I do not fall into either category. Had read that someone was not happy with the bed linens, but I didn't find it to be a problem. They feel thin, but are also very soft.
It is stated that it sleeps 6, but 2 of the 6 should probably be teens or younger sleeping on futons in the loft where you cannot stand up unless you are shorter than 4 feet tall. But, again, my 12 YO loved living up there, so it had to be a pretty good space!
The kitchen could use some specifically microwaveable bowls for cooking, since there is no real oven, just a toaster oven.
It would also be nice to have a light over the dining table, the loft and the laundry. Lighting is minimal. Also, someone should do something about the wiring in the laundry area, appears to be unsafe.
Bottom line;
Yeah, there are a few things I would change, but nothing that would prevent me and my family from retuning for a longer stay, probably next spring.
For the price, I don't think you can beat it!

Date of stay: October 2013
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, view, beach, price! We could actually afford this!
Liked least: No window covering for privacy in the dining area which also affects coming and going from the loft, bedroom & bathroom
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
Management Response
30 Jan 2015
I just wanted to let everyone know that we have installed curtains on the South windows, and there are two large folding screens that can be moved for privacy or a sunblock.
nana541
Jacksonville, Oregon
“OMG...the location, location, location!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Wow what a view, directly on the beach. Dog friendly too!
Now the disappointing issues, no oven (but I knew that) so no lasagna :(
Beautiful deck but nasty bird in nest making using deck not so wonderful... Bed seems to be a full and not a queen (could be wrong) sheets on bed awful! Will bring my own next time.
Will absolutely rent again!

Date of stay: June 2013
ma
Reviewed 29 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Date of stay: June 2013
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.