“Cheesy Place!”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Cheesy Place!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We used to stop here when it was called something else. There were artichoke plants growing to the left of the building. With this newer updated look it doesn't look or feel as quaint as it did. BUT.... the cheese and creamy fudge made up for it. They now have sandwiches and fudge. There are many samples of cheese. And I turned my family on to cheese curds. We bought the orange cream fudge and garlic cheese curds. Yummers. They also have jams/jellys and different bottled drinks.
Was worth the stop. Miss the quaint look.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Charlene P

Cannon Beach, Oregon
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“I'm sorry, ice cream and cheese just don't mix well”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Kudos for keeping the cheese factory running. And kudos for figuring out a market system that works, at least during the summer. We went in late July and the place was packed. Big glass walls to watch cheese makers. But, I'm sorry, after standing in crowded line for 5 noisy minutes, and smelling the cheese making the whole time, just put me off of the ice cream. Ended up going to the local supermarket, buying ice cream cones for all, and saved a lot of cash.

1 Thank OrTraveler2010
Sunnyvale, CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Huge Scoops of Ice Cream”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stopped to try the cheese and get a mid afternoon snack, as it became apparent that we wouldn't be stopping for the night as soon as we would like. The cheeses were good, though I thought the cranberry spreadable was overly sweet. We did buy some of the apricot honey fromage blanc to spread on bagels and the last of the sourdough. We each had ice cream - the scoops were enormous!

1 Thank Mom2HEKs
Box Elder, South Dakota
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Wonderful Cheese and Ice Cream”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

They offered a number of cheese samples and all of them were great! I especially liked the garlic curds and they had an awesome parmesean flavored cheese too. The cheese prices are very reasonable.

We heard about their ice cream and had to try it. I got two scoops, one each of Black Cherry and Peanut Butter and Chocolate in a cup. My husband got Coffee and the Peanut Butter and Chocolate in a waffle cone. I paid the bill and it only came to $3.25. I thought the girl rang our order up wrong so I asked her. She said we got the kid's size ice cream - 2 scoops for $1.50 and 25 cents extra for a waffle cone. Our scoops were HUGE and I would hate to see how large the adult scoops are!

This is a very nice establishment and they also sell gifts and t-shirts. It is located on Highway 101 on the north end of Bandon and well worth stopping in and picking up some cheese and treating yourself to ice cream!

2 Thank gypsylady002a
Seattle
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing Cheese”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We used to go to the old cheese factory that was located on this site so I was happy to see a new creamery had taken its place. Face Rock had lots of cheese samples and we tried every one. The cranberry and walnut looks a little odd, but its amazing! The vampire slayer is also very good and garlicky. We didn't try the ice cream - I'm a licorice ice cream fan and they didn't have any :(. Would definitely visit again and I'm going to try and find their cheese in the Seattle area.

Visited August 2014