“Excellent value.”
Review of La Kris Inn

La Kris Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Nice cute rooms, not overly large but with plenty of space, friendly owner, quiet despite being on the main street. Excellent value, probably the best in Bandon - both the hotel and the town are worth more than 1 night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

We appreciate your taking the time to provide this review and thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed two nights in room 5 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Nothing fancy but felt welcomed by owner and appreciated the clean and comfortable room. The inn is across the street from a grocery store and within walking distance of "old downtown". I highly recommend styling here for the price and friendly service!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and for choosing us on your trip to Bandon.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Love to stay here when i'm in Bandon- it's charming, clean and staff are always friendly.

La Kris Inn is the perfect place to drop anchor and to go explore old town right down the road. Plenty of food stores and restaurants in the area in case your hungry.

Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tim O
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for the kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again some day.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We spent the night at the La Kris while on vacation in Oregon. We were just there for the night and needed a place to stay. The reviews on Tripadvisor encouraged me to book a room. I am so glad we did. This is a nice motel right out of the 1950's that has been updated yet maintains the charm of days gone by. It is small and therefor the customer service is great. We were checked in by the owner who was very helpful. The room was nicely appointed. Nice comfortable queen bed, microwave, frig and a DVD player. Now this is a nice amenity I wish more properties would have in their rooms. They even have DVDs for rent in the office. The outside is very charming with gardens and hanging baskets. Nice full bathroom with hot shower and plenty of pressure.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you had a good stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is a 1950's style roadside motel right in the middle of town. Renovations including flowers and a nice paint job clean it up as well as a flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. Easy walking distance to stores/DQ and old town. Less than a mile walk or drive to the beach. However no AC (common on the coast) minimal ventilation and plenty of trucks on the road.

The Good:
It appears someone painted and decorated this older motel a few years ago and did a very nice job. My room #8 had a nice light blue paint scheme with appropriate beach style decorations, a couch, table and chairs. The exterior has plants and flowers and appears to be well cared for. The two queen beds were soft and comfortable and I was pleased to see that my room bordered a storage area and the maids office so no direct neighbors. Having a coffee maker, microwave and fridge as well as it's down town location made it very convenient for my stay. The room and linens appeared clean.

The Meh':
When I first entered the room I noted a musty old shower smell. I was fortunate to have a window but it opened into a alley full of trash cans and the view of our neighboring room's wall. Once I got the windows open the odor dissipated but old buildings have ventilation issues. Also while I don't doubt an outlet or two was added during the renovation every outlet was filled, so much so that the alarm clock was plugged in on the table, not between the beds on the night stand. I had to decide what I didn't need to charge my cell phone or blow dry my hair. Dark window coverings have been added but there are no control rods or strings to open and close them so you have to jerk the drapes back and forth to move it. The room was pretty clean but there were cobwebs on the bathroom window and ceiling vent. The trailer court near by was a bit gritty. I felt the $100 a night I was charged was a bit high for the location.

The Bad:
I know the coast is normally cool but always muggy. I saw that many of the patrons left their door open for hours after arriving to get some ventilation adding to the already significant noise of the main road and logging trucks. I had trouble sleeping two of the three nights here due to the heat and leaving the window open, which made the traffic especially the late and early morning trucks an issue. The one morning I could sleep in a bit the maids did a great job of getting in and out of my room while I went next door for breakfast but then ruined my nap by hanging outside my door, talking loudly to each other and on phones while smoking until about 1 pm. I tried closing my windows to avoid the smoke but then it was stifling. I even went outside to stare them down but I was ignored.
Additionally the renovation was not a full one so the bathroom is very tiny, almost too small to change in if needed and the floor had peeled up at one point, and been calked down with large quantities of white silicone. The shower rod had been pulled out of the wall at some point and replaced with a straight one without fixing the holes in the wall or repainting.

Ceiling fans and a power strip would have made my stay more comfortable.

Overall if I wanted to be downtown rather than one of the hotels with a view and if the price was right I would stay again, but not in the summer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

We appreciate the honest review. The temperatures during this week were uncommonly hot and muggy. Under normal conditions the coast is typically quite cool and thus few people have air conditioning.

I will have a conversation with the housekeepers and wish you had said something at the time so it could have been corrected during your stay.

Again, thanks.
Steve

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I decided to do an impromptu drive up the entire Oregon Coast the weekend before Memorial Day. Since I had no set itinerary and didn't want to be tied to any sort of schedule, I couldn't reserve my hotels in advance. I had dinner in old town Bandon and then started making calls to the various hotels in the area while I was sitting on the pier. I AM on a tight budget and am more interested in seeing sights than spending a luxurious stay in hotels. The owner, Steve, told me on the phone that he had a few rooms and that one of them he referred to as "Tiny Tim" was less than half the price of any hotel in the area. When I arrived at La Kris, Steve gave me the keys to two rooms to check out which one I wanted. The "Tiny Tim" room was just perfect. It's room 1, next to the office. It's a cute, small room that is clean, neat and perfectly fine. I commend the owners for providing free internet. After watching the sunset, I could come back to the room, and plan the next day's adventure using resources on the internet. I appreciate private owners of places like this who take pride in their property and do their best to please their guests. I would rather give my hard-earned money to small business owners than to corporate chains. I am glad this one was affordable!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments. The Tiny Tim room is definitely on the low end being a very small room with a full bed rather than a queen but it does the job at times. We are glad your stay was a pleasant one.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is the third time staying at the La Kris. Very clean, and very pet friendly. The rooms are cute, the beds are new and comfortable. Great staff too. Highly recommended. Plenty of hot water, and good water pressure in the shower as well.

Room Tip: We really like room 3. It has 2 beds, and a ceiling fan. Cute and clean.