“Nice View, Motel Experience”
Review of Bandon Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bandon
Bandon Beach Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed 29 June 2011

If you want to be on the Ocean and go cheap, this is probably the place to be when stopping in Bandon. It IS a motel and not a hotel. Room was small and typical of a motel in terms of comfort and cleanliness. Yes it was clean but fairly "used". I would recommend it if you like the price. You will need to climb stairs if on the second floor. People were friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2011

Beautiful views from this motel, located on a headland overlooking the famous Bandon Beach . The stairway leading down to the beach is right there just a few steps from the motel. The headland is designated as a wildlife refuge and there are walking paths with interpretive signs. This would be a good location for someone who was not physically able to descend the stairs to the beach because you can enjoy the ocean views from the headland while on a paved path. During my visit the hillside was covered with wildflowers. I was fortunate to be there at a period of extremely low tides and was able to walk out and around the rocks to observe the marine life clinging to the rocks. If you love the beach, this is the place to stay.
The motel structure is an older building which looks quite non-descript from the outside. However all of the rooms have been recently remodeled. I stayed in room 212 which is the corner room at the north end. It had west facing and north facing windows. I also had a partial view looking south. The room had hardwood floors, a fireplace, huge wall-mounted big screen TV, a very comfortable king bed, a small table and two comfortable chairs. I was traveling alone and decided to splurge on this room with a corner views. This room would be great for a couple's getaway or honeymoon stay. The room was nicely decorated and very clean.
The owner Jeannie was very friendly and helpful. I have a bad back and she offered to carry my heavy suitcase to the second floor upon my arrival and departure. The staff was also very friendly when I made my initial reservation by phone.
I highly recommend this motel. I cannot think of anything negative to say about it. This is now my favorite place to stay in Bandon and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Best view: second floor corner south
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Alexjohn31310
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The room we had was absolutely spotless. Furnishings are dated but in great shape. The matttress was about the most comfortable mattress in any hotel I have ever stayed in. Rate seems pretty high but you are paying for location.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Best beach location in Bandon. Older building with signs of wear but rooms are very clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The location is off the beaten path and has a presence of time and breath taking wonder. The rooms are not all the same but the one I Love the most has an ocean view that makes you feel like you are on a shop with out the motion. It has a panoramic view from two sides. Because the room is 80 feet above the sea the view is unlike anything I have ever experienced; it feels like I am away from the world I am always apart of. Now combine that view and feeling with a cozy fire and if you wish a flat screen TV, though I prefured to read or look at the view. the room has a refridgerator and microwave and of course coffee! The marble in the room adds a touch of ritzy class without the gouge in the pocket book.
My favorite things about the room I have covered already and the thing I liked least had nothing at all to do with the hotel but with mother nature; the sea gulls and the bombs they land with out a care of who or what is in the landing zone! But that is apart of the ocean experience is it not?

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2011

The room looked out over the ocean and was very clean and quiet. People are supposed to be quiet after 9:00pm and extra guests need to leave at that time, so it is a restful atmosphere and not for loud parties at night. The staff are friendly and we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Make a reservation and ask the helpful staff.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Bandon was one of our favorite locations during this vacation, and this hotel put us right where we wanted to be, the beach. The room was spacious and clean, although a bit dated and worn in some places (blinds, bathroom). It was also a little high price-wise, but as they say - "It's all about the view!"...and they were right!

• Stayed: May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Edgewater Inn
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Windermere on the Beach

Been to Bandon Beach Motel? Share your experiences!