I booked a room for our family for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago and we were put in room 200. It had a very nice view and a little private balcony. Everything worked as it should and the room was very comfortable.
The staff were amazing, and we spent some time chatting it up with Lisa, one of the owners and she is by far the most upbeat, helpful hotel managers I have met in a long time. Everyone had a positive attitude and a great spirit, which is nice to see.
- You stay at this motel for the location. It simply cannot be beat. The views are extraordinary and the sound of the ocean waves and the shore birds at night will put you to sleep.
- This motel is not the Ritz Carleton or some high class Hilton. It is a quaint but simple family run establishment that focuses on comfort and making sure you have everything you need to make your stay enjoyable. It doesn't have gold plated door handles or travertine tile floors. Don't expect room service or a butler to cater to your every whim. It is just right for a family on a budget or a single photographer looking for an affordable place next to prime ocean real estate to photograph.
- There are no phones in the room. I asked Lisa about this and she said that they tried for a long time to set up a phone system for the guest rooms but the telecom company couldn't wire them in or something like that. So bring a cell phone. You are welcome to use the office phone at the main desk.
- There is no restaurant on site, but there are a couple places in Bandon that do deliver and there are quite a few restaurants. The motel does offer free coffee in the main office and coffee makers in the rooms.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean, comfortable and like I said the location can't be beat. It may be cheap in price but by no means is this a "cheap" motel. The owners and staff take pride in their motel and they do their best to accommodate their guests.
You will not regret staying here. But if you are some rich CEO that demands Egyptian cotton bedsheets and a personal butler to cater to your every need, look elsewhere. This motel is for people who want a warm, comfortable place to stay near spectacular scenery. Families, this means you.
When we go back to Bandon, I will not stay anywhere else but here. :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bandon Beach Motel perches on the bluffs overlooking Coquille Point giving fabulous views of beautiful Bandon Beach in THREE directions. Corner rooms feature wrap around windows giving a breathtaking ocean-stay experience. Remodeled rooms have fireplaces, kitchens, patios, balconies, microwaves and fridges. The motel is pet friendly, kid friendly, and great for romantic getaways or family reunions. The Bruce clan welcomes you with genuine hospitality that will leave you feeling like part of the family. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bandon Beach Hotel Bandon