“You can't go wrong with Table Rock”
Review of Table Rock Motel

and 1 more site!
Table Rock Motel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were given room 124 which was very nice and would have been fine for us but I asked if they had a room with a more direct view of the coast. The owner, Le, was in the office and said she wanted to do what ever it took to make us happy. We weren't unhappy at all. We were offered room 9 which is a small cottage and, again, would have been fine, it was very nice. We were also offered The Puffin, a 1500 sf vacation rental owned by the hotel a few doors down for $20 more. We took The Puffin, a beautiful 3 bedroom/3 bath home across from the beach! Coastline views from every room and bathroom! Le really goes above and beyond to make sure her guests are taken care of and we will stay here again, even if we can't stay in The Puffin.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. We like to offer our guests as many options as possible so that they will enjoy their stay here. Le is awesome, she really strives to satisfy each and every need that our guests might have. We hope that enjoyed every aspect of Bandon and your visit here.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband booked a double queen room here for our anniversary after reading on the website that the rooms had ocean views. When we got there we were shown a single king bed room with a view a field across the street, no ocean. We figured we would stay anyways but need the 2 queens and when we went back up to the desk we were told they had an emergency and there were no more rooms left but they would 'comp' us by sending us to another hotel and pay the difference of a higher priced room. The first place they sent us was to the Bandon Best Western and as we drove up to it I realized it was the same hotel we had a bad experience at a few years ago so we went back to Table Rock and ended up getting a room at the Bandon Inn.
I think Table Rock could have handled this situation a whole lot better. My room at the Bandon Inn was $134 compared to the Table Rock $129. So Table Rock paid $5 to send me off to another hotel and my husband and I are still wondering how we got comp'd at all?
I would not recommend this place to anyone. We were misled on the 'ocean views', run around at 5pm on a Friday night trying to get a decent room, with no comp in site.
Thanks, but no thanks. I feel like a paid $129 for a huge hassle.

Room Tip: Check the room before you pay for it. We reserved 2 queens with ocean view, got 1 king with no view...
2  Thank Opadiah

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with us. I would like to address the disappointments that you pointed out in your review.
Yes, the New Additions sits perpendicular to the ocean, but there is a view from the patio/balcony, and there is a field across the street.
Next, as much as it disappoints us, sometimes guests cause damages or maintenance issue arise that cannot be resolved before the next guest checks in. It is our busy season and as much as we try to prevent emergencies they still present themselves. Unfortunately, that was happened in your situation. We had only a king room left and offered it to you, you declined and wanted a double queen room, which we did not have. I spoke with you to resolve the matter, to your satisfaction. I gave you the option of The Best Western (with the ocean view) or The Bandon Inn (with a view of the harbor), you wanted the Best Western so I personally called reserved and paid for the room with our credit card. You came back told me that would not work and that you had a "bad” experience there. Without question, I called with our credit card and paid for the room at Bandon Inn.
To clarify, what I told you was that we had an emergency, not to worry I would make sure that you had a room that was to your liking and we would pay the difference. We paid for two rooms because you did not want the first one. Also, reading your review of the Bandon Inn, it appears that your stay was a positive one. I do not know how much more I could have done, given the circumstances. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience here.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

made a reservation to visit old friends got the economy room number 6 was perfect for just me had everything i need in room and was offered many extras upon check in my room rate was reasonable and the ladies at the front desk were absolutely amazing very friendly staff as well also had laundry services available to me the view from motel was just beautiful and the location was close to everything they are also a pet friendly motel which allows ur pet to be with you and offer u towels and blankets for your dog i find it a very quiet and wonderful place to stay would visit again and would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: friendliest staff on oregon coast
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for the awesome review. I am glad that your stay was a wonderful and positive experience. Bandon is a beautiful place. Our staff is great, and the Motel prides itself on being a peaceful and relaxing place to come.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Having read some of the reviews on this particular motel, I totally understand why the ratings are all over the map. This place will either be somewhere that you love or somewhere you don't. Sadly, I fall in the latter category just because I'm not really into being that 'rustic' and this motel is quirky and very outdated - at least our room. I've thought long and hard about my review on this particular property as I totally understand how it could be some people's cup of tea but I will try to give you as much information as possible so that people can make their own judgment. Firstly, location - you honestly couldn't have a better place to stay to be close to the beach. It was within walking distance to the two sides of the beach and the beach in Bandon is beautiful. It was also just a short drive into Old Town Bandon which is also a lovely place to go and visit. As to the staff, very helpful and obliging and nice. As to the room, it fell very short for me. We were in one of the cottages which has an upstairs to accommodate our kids - so we had a double and a single upstairs and a separate room downstairs with one queen for the parents. There was also a small seating area and then a kitchen area which you walk through to get to the bathroom. The first thing I noticed upon going into the room was that it smelt of the bathroom - although my husband said he felt it just smelt musty. The door was very hard to open it was catching at the top and you almost had to put your body against it to open the door up. The furniture was very dated and the bathroom was exactly as described by another reviewer, sort of formica screwed to the wall with washers and screws everywhere. The bath was pink and looked very dated/old and was pretty cracked around the plug hole, There was no shower liner. The toilet looked newer and the sink was very small with not much room to rest anything alongside which is why there was a dated shelf alongside it and a quirky little alcove behind the bath to put things. However, the whole feel of the bathroom area just wasn't for me. Back to that analogy when you buy a house, it's the bathrooms that sell you on a place.... or in this case, not. There was a very tall fridge in the seating area. The sofa was covered by a throw and was exceedingly uncomfortable to sit upon after more than 30 minutes... I think it also served as a sofa bed but I wasn't brave enough to pull off the throw to see what it was like below. The upstairs bedroom had light switches that didn't work and a quirky alcove in the 'landing' area that served as a super small hanging area/closet. The downstairs queen bedroom was pretty tiny - not too much room to move around it. There was a notice about the wifi password framed on the wall but then a different wifi password taped on other walls. The light switches were pretty unclean, the valance in the lower bedroom which was cream was pretty stained and looked like it hadn't be washed in a while. The alarm clock needed a good clean on all its switches as well. In general, I know the room was clean but it's the little things like this that I pick up on and it just leaves me a little cold. If you are expecting the standard of a Best Western/Comfort Inn type establishment, this falls way short and after spending three weeks in this type of level of hotel or higher, this is why the Table Rock Motel fell short for me. At the end of the day, we all have our likes and dislikes but this place just wasn't my cup of tea.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing our Motel. I am sorry that the room did not meet your expectations. As I mentioned in a previous review, we have two types of rooms, the New Additions or the Cottage Side. We have some guest who do not wish to stay in anything but the Cottages, they like the character and charm of these units. We also have guests, like you, that prefer the more modern "chain" type rooms, that is where the New Additions comes into play. We do try to please as many of guests as we can, because it is very important to us that everyone leave with positive memories, not just of their stay here, but the entire "Bandon" experience.
As for the door problem in Cottage #2, we have had the entire door replaced and is working great.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The staff is so nice and the room was cute and tastefully decorated (I was in the Calligraphy Room). Excellent beach access. Very close/easy drive to old town Bandon. Since it's off the main drag, it's also quiet and I felt really safe here. Thanks 'Team Table Rock'!!!!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a full or partial beach view (even the partial has a nice view)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself while you were here in Bandon. It is very quiet and peaceful here. Also, I am very proud of my staff here at Table Rock Motel, they are happy and do an awesome job.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I guess we are spoiled a bit due to staying in chain motels, but we are fairly well-traveled, and have stayed at a lot of different hotels both here and abroad. With that intro, except as otherwise noted below, my comments are limited to the one unit in which we stayed very recently. We made our reservation the night before arriving after reading the reviews here. Both check-in & check-out we're a snap. Glenna (or Glenda) was congenial & helpful. Regarding the room, which was in a group of about 4 units, we had #10, in the western-most units. When we opened the door and looked around it was almost like stepping back 50 years, with the exception of the fridge, microwave, coffee maker, wi-fi & flat screen TV. While the room was clean, and the bed adequate, the "closet" consisted of a wire rack with a few hangers which interfered with accessing the bathroom, due to the hangars being at head height. The bathroom was decorated with Formica paneling held to the walls by numerous screws & washers, most of which were corroded. The toilet tank had a taped note on the top which read, "Please hold handle down to flush the toilet." The vanity was also coated with a different color of Formica reminiscent of the 50s, and tapered inwards with single spindly leg supporting end near the tub. Another sign informed us that bathroom light switch had to be on for the electrical outlet to work. There was adequate bathroom illumination due to the 2 incandescent bulbs and the one CFL light bulb burning brightly without any benefit of any ornamental diffuser or shade. The curtain for the small front window was slightly more effective at filtering light than a sheet of gauze with a paint job. The curtain by the bed was torn near the top and difficult to close. While the flat screen TV was nice, the cable system used did not carry either CNN, nor Fox News Network. For fans of MSNBC though, take heart-it is the only cable news network available. We could hardly wait to leave in the morning. I am sure that there are other rooms much nicer than the one we had, at least I hope so. There was nothing quaint, quirky or charming about room 10, in our opinion. In sum, the Pros: great view of Table Rock; friendly staff, clean room, nice shower head, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen TV, and wi-fi - the basics are covered; the Cons: a small room, poorly placed hanger/shelf combo, a bathroom decor best left to one's memories of the worst of the 1950s, and a rate that suggested the promise of something better. Again, other rooms may be a whole lot nicer.

Room Tip: Ask not to be placed in Room 10
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your room. We have two different types of rooms available here at Table Rock Motel - The New Addition and the Cottage Side. Everyone one has a different preference, and you should have been placed in The New Addition, which is more the "chain" / modern type rooms. I understand that you were compensated for your displeasure. When your reservation was taken, the front desk should've spent more time to inquire what you were looking for rather than just take your reservation. Again, I am sorry that we did not have you in the right room.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

First if all, Bandon is a beautuful place to visit with some of the most gorgeous beaches I've seen. We were very pleased with the Table Rock Motel. Although the rooms are fairly standard, there's a nice charm to them and we were greeted by 2 lovebirds perched on the balcony railing. Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and I particularly enjoyed the employee's whistle and march with the window cleaning wiper after finishing her work :). The walk to overlook the ocean is about 1/2 block and the views are stunning. Beach access is a staircase away. We hope to come back someday.

• Stayed: August 2013
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you for the nice review. We are very proud of Bandon and it's breath taking beaches. I am glad that you enjoyed the performance from our employee, she is a very happy person and we enjoy her, as well.
Glenna

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Windermere on the Beach
La Kris Inn
La Kris Inn
#8 of 12 in Bandon

Been to Table Rock Motel? Share your experiences!